Question And Answer Night Thursday 4 September 2014

millport

Few messages from a mate of mine suggests Tommy can't take the stick, isn't able to really answer anything and summed it up by saying it was cringe worthy.

My son has just come back from the Q & A night and said both Tommy and Goodie conducted themselves quite well.

So... What was said?

Quite a lot was said and I felt Tommy actually acquitted himself quite well . He had quite a good handle on what has been said about him and the team and was more than willing to discuss our weak points , like dead ball situations and the way that Cheesy gets abuse. .

I actually felt it was a worthwhile meeting . Jim and Gary were also good at handling some of the questions. .

Tommy is more than aware of our shortcomings and knows how vital it is to start scoring/winning games. .

We are skint hence the cheap management and signings

That covers it

Takings are potentially down because 2 clubs with a decent support went down and only one club with a decent support came up . Sponsorship monies are taking a hit amongst all the clubs and SGG remains adamant that the Club wont go into debt during his tenure. .

Tommy is more than aware of our shortcomings and knows how vital it is to start scoring/winning games. .

This is what I meant earlier , The "Tommy is a great guy" mentality ! Get him to f**k !

So easy to twist things for ones own agenda.

saintnextlifetime was only repeating what Tommy had more or less said himself.

So easy to twist things for ones own agenda.

saintnextlifetime was only repeating what Tommy had more or less said himself.

Rally should be on other folks agenda too as he's clearly taking us nowhere . We'll see if all the nodding dogs come round by the end of the month !

Rally should be on other folks agenda too as he's clearly taking us nowhere . We'll see if all the nodding dogs come round by the end of the month !

I think you should phone Gilmore and tell him your opinions as a long standing Saints fan. . might make you feel better telling it someone who can make a difference. .

I'm a St.Mirren supporter, have always been a supporter and always will be. But one thing I won't let it do is dictate my life.

a bit of delay in posting my notes from the night but I'll add any that I don't think have already been mentioned.

Q; who is responsible for these strips ?

A; not a unanimous decision and some within the club were disappointed with the choice, however, they continue to outsell previous seasons particularly in kids sizes

some further two way discussions along the lines of, that although us old geezers want to see tradition it doesn't seem to be an issue with the younger generation !

I don't believe for a second those strips are outselling previous seasons.

It says in the twitter feed the Killie game at New Year might me moved? Why is that?

Twitter feed perhaps slightly misleading, here's the actual discussion. .

Q; with the upcoming game against Kilmarnock can SG and Kilmarnock chairman get together to clarify after the game the date of the New Years game and not wait till three or four weeks before new year ?

A; SG, yes it will be discussed, clarified and announced shortly afterwards, we accept that last years decision should have been made sooner

so technically the comment that it might be moved isn't wrong but on the other hand it doesn't mean it will be, the main issue, in my opinion, is that it's confirmed sooner rather than later

Edited by thewhiteman

I don't believe for a second those strips are outselling previous seasons.

It says in the twitter feed the Killie game at New Year might me moved? Why is that?

I would be inclined to agree even tho' , some had them on as far back as the game at Coatbridge. .

I think the important thing here is , SG is a annoyed about them as most of us are and stated that it will be a traditional shirt from now on , which reassuring , if nothing else. .