St Mirren V Dundee United Spfl Premiership 30/8/14

shull

Can I ask where Tommy Craig, or anyone else for that matter, got the idea that we play silky soccer which we will "persevere with", play to "the philosophy" etc. I've been to 3 games and we seem to play a pretty direct style (with the usual Lennoesque tippy tappy shite at the back), so good knows where this myth that we play attractive passing football has emerged from! We aren't any better to watch than the likes of Thistle, St J or Killie - they are just better than us at scoring goals and not conceding them.

TC needs to ditch his delusions of grandeur and focus on winning a few games or the fans will vote with their feet...

Just turned over and caught the final whistle.

Ya beauty clap.gif

You knew this was on tonight and didnae post a link, ya miserable auld swine ye thumbdown.gif

We don't get the outer hebrides broadcasting corporation in englandshire!!!!

And those outside the uk can't get it on iplayer!!!

Edited by murray street

No idea where to begin, nothing between the teams someone posted,they scored three hit the post and Kello saved twice when one on one, their keeper made ONE save in 90 minutes and they cleared off the line,5 0 would not have flattered a poor United side. This team is going down make no mistake about it, leadership is not there on or off the park, Christ what I would have gave for McGowan today at least he cared, but hey hoe don't fight with a back stabber. Thommo out till October, a manager who thinks we are very well covered all over the park, a board who have made a few bob from loans to the club and want even more we are in deep shit people,oh and if we go down the much praised academy will be the first cut back

Defo cant agree with that. He looks like a little lost boy , In my opinion, based on his performances for us to date , he is no better than Reilly .

BTW , i really do hope he proves me wrong.

He has certainly had access to Reilly's shooting boots. .that's for sure , but l think one or two others have tried them on as well . .

Tommy is a decent guy, so lets hope he does the decent thing and resign, Poor pre season, played teams that gave us no challenge, Poor signings, No centre half except cheesey, nobody can cross a ball no one can shoot, defending is abysmal, So come on TC don't cost us money and resign, Now what can I do on a Saturday cause im not watching that drivel,

45 years watching Saints Gary and I don't know if I want to pay any more cash to watch this dross. Tommy Craig please rrsign

just got back, that was a long trip home,

1, 4-4-2 didn't work, Mcginn needs to be more in the middle rather than stuck out wide and first half mclean just stood next to Osbourne.

2, theres no point scoring if we are just going to concede goals from big boots down the middle every week.

3, Ball needs to play straight down the middle, when we got the ball out wide, and theres no one in the box.

4, we were never coming back from 1 down,

5, need a CH asap,

Not quick enough, not enough hunger, lack of invention. Something needs to change.

Heads go down as soon as we go behind. That isn't good enough at any level of the game. Not once did I see a player trying to encourage his team-mates to lift their heads and take the battle to their opponents. Nor did they try to lift the crowd to get behind them. It was a soulless capitulation, and that is what hurts the most.

We used to have players who chased lost causes and didn't spit the dummy when the chips were down. Billy Mehmet, for all his limitations, was that type of player. You don't need to be a world beater to have a bit of passion and achieve something at this level. It is up to the coaching staff to create an environment that encourages that level of commitment and a winning (or at least battling) mentality. We clearly lack that at present. Radical change is required.

Edited by Drew

Heads go down as soon as we go behind. That isn't good enough at any level of the game. Not once did I see a player trying to encourage his team-mates to lift their heads and take the battle to their opponents. Nor did they try to lift the crowd to get behind them. It was a soulless capitulation, and that is what hurts the most.

We used to have players who chased lost causes and didn't spit the dummy when the chips were down. Billy Mehmet, for all his limitations, was that type of player. You don't need to be a world beater to have a bit of passion and achieve something at this level. It is up to the coaching staff to create an environment that encourages that level of commitment and a winning (or at least battling) mentality. We clearly lack that at present. Radical change is required, and I don't reckon I'll be back until it comes about.

We lack leadership on and off the pitch, unless Mr Gilmour wants to see a core support dip below the 3000 mark, then I would suggest that they had better act before the situation reaches the point where we are left isolated at the bottom of the league.

Not totally true billy.

The only players to make it to the Premier League with St. Mirren were Tony Fitzpatrick, Bobby Reid, Alex Beckett & John Young (Billy Johnston played the first 2 games due to injuries). Fitzpatrick & Reid were just very young kids under Cunningham.

Walter Borthwick too . So six players who played under Cunningham in that woeful side also played under Fergie during the promotion season. The right manager coming in now can easily turn things around !

Hmm he's not quite the same.

You have to wonder if he would come to Saints given the current league positions of Saints and Accies.

It's not as if we'd be offering him a chunky budget to work with and if we go down there will be even more cost cutting.

Hamilton are suddenly a bigger club than St.Mirren. Honestly...?

Not a dig at you my friend, but a very definite dig at the custodians of the shambolic management of our club.

It was an embarrassing performance yesterday, we offered absolutely nothing at all.

Why was Isaac taken off?? We completely lost the midfield when he went off... For the record Isaac doesn't even know why he got taken off, he was the only player to come up to the hospitality suite after the game. I think Tommy Craig should have came up and apologised to everyone for having to watch that shite!!

Normally I would say onwards and upwards, let's get the 3 points against Killie but don't see where that's gonna come from.

Edited by Stevie88

Another issue I have at the moment is we are really struggling in front of goal and TC says business is done, if we haven't went for guys like Brian Graham on loan then why not, he's miles better than what we have and would add a threat for us. At the moment I wouldn't bet on Ball, Marwood or Caldwell scoring regularly at the Pitz

St Mirren manager Tommy Craig put on a brave face after watching his side lose for their fourth successive Premiership match 3-0 to Dundee United.

The Paisley side have yet to register a goal this season and Craig feels the team need to get past it if they are to pull themselves up the table.

"What is killing us is that we are not scoring goals," he said.

"Frankly, we are just not finding the back of the net just now and that is costing us."

The defeat leaves the Buddies languishing at the bottom of the Premiership table with no points, only marginally above beleaguered Ross County on goal difference.

Craig was adamant that as far as he is concerned his team are performing, but they need to begin to convert their opportunities.

"Other than scoring the lads are giving me everything," he said.

"People on the outside looking in might think we have lots of problems but if we keep playing the way we are we will eventually get some wins.

"It's not just the fault of the front players that we lost today, they are all part of a team . This is from the BBC site .

St Mirren manager Tommy Craig put on a brave face after watching his side lose for their fourth successive Premiership match 3-0 to Dundee United.

The Paisley side have yet to register a goal this season and Craig feels the team need to get past it if they are to pull themselves up the table.

"Frankly, we are just not finding the back of the net just now and that is costing us."

The defeat leaves the Buddies languishing at the bottom of the Premiership table with no points, only marginally above beleaguered Ross County on goal difference.

Craig was adamant that as far as he is concerned his team are performing, but they need to begin to convert their opportunities.

"People on the outside looking in might think we have lots of problems but if we keep playing the way we are we will eventually get some wins.

"It's not just the fault of the front players that we lost today, they are all part of a team . This is from the BBC site .

While he's stating the bleedin obvious he's pretty much correct.

He's not going into detail, but he's obviously aware of the pressure he, and the players, are under.

Bet he's glad of the international break. lol.gif

Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious.

Trite drivel, I'm afraid.

While he's stating the bleedin obvious he's pretty much correct.

He's not going into detail, but he's obviously aware of the pressure he, and the players, are under.

Bet he's glad of the international break. lol.gif

I used faraway's chat....

Gawd help me!

ETA: to be fair, that is a bit like saying that it is right to suggest that night follows day. Shull's wee lassie could have told us what the problem is (and I reckon she might make a better job of sorting it out, too).

Edited by Drew

It was an embarrassing performance yesterday, we offered absolutely nothing at all.

Why was Isaac taken off?? We completely lost the midfield when he went off... For the record Isaac doesn't even know why he got taken off, he was the only player to come up to the hospitality suite after the game. I think Tommy Craig should have came up and apologised to everyone for having to watch that shite!!

Normally I would say onwards and upwards, let's get the 3 pint against Killie but don't see where that's gonna come from.

Completely agree, especially the bit about 3 pints, talking my language.