Partick Thistle V St Mirren ... League Cup R3

TopCat

Wonder wether we'll start with the same team that finished on Friday. Teale probably can't play 2 full 90 minutes in 4 days but I'd rather he started and came off than came on later on. Ball looked good when he came on, held the ball up well and made some good runs and of course took his goal well, could still do with losing a few pounds by the looks of it though.

That's me in Glasgow. Heading to Firhill the morn's night and dragging my son with me. Looking forward to my first game of the season.

Only been at 2 league cup games before - 2-0 win in Perth three years ago and THAT game against the Jam Tarts in 3013.

Good post Doctor Who.

That's me in Glasgow. Heading to Firhill the morn's night and dragging my son with me. Looking forward to my first game of the season.

Only been at 2 league cup games before - 2-0 win in Perth three years ago and THAT game against the Jam Tarts in 3013.

Hope we dont have to wait till 3013 for our next League Cup trophy!

Need to get Marwood out and the big man in tomorrow. He did more in 40 odd minutes on Friday than Marwood did in the previous game and a half.

I'd start Ball every match from now till Thommo's back actually. Even when someone like him is having a bad game, his sheer physicality will occupy defenders, thus creating space for others to exploit.

When he's having a good game, he will score goals and make assists. I think he will reach double figures this season.

Suppose the only other likely change from Friday is the possible reunification of the 2013 League Cups winning central defensive partnership, Goodwin and McAusland. If Plummer is fit TC will have that decision to make, if not it will be made for him.

Big game for us, all cup games are big games IMO. Would be delighted if we could make another quarter final, and then... Who knows.

Need to get Marwood out and the big man in tomorrow. He did more in 40 odd minutes on Friday than Marwood did in the previous game and a half.

I'd start Ball every match from now till Thommo's back actually. Even when someone like him is having a bad game, his sheer physicality will occupy defenders, thus creating space for others to exploit.

When he's having a good game, he will score goals and make assists. I think he will reach double figures this season.

Suppose the only other likely change from Friday is the possible reunification of the 2013 League Cups winning central defensive partnership, Goodwin and McAusland. If Plummer is fit TC will have that decision to make, if not it will be made for him.

Big game for us, all cup games are big games IMO. Would be delighted if we could make another quarter final, and then... Who knows.

If Plummer is fit I would definitely start with him and Goodwin at the back. He may have been at fault for the goal on Friday and arguably a couple others this season but he can still read the game, work the ball out from the back and clear his lines better than Cheesey. Cheesey was fine when he came on on Friday night but Partick barely got near our box in the 2nd half.

I reckon Plummer could easily play Goody's role as the defensive midfielder and allow Ozzie more freedom to move further forward.

Yeh I thought that the first time I seen him play, he could actually excel in this position. He can bring the ball out at his feet into the opposition half an he can ping a long pass into someones chest. Also he is a bit short for a centre back so might be worth trying him in there with Goody and Cheesy at the back, always thought Cheesy was much better with Goody beside him.

Edited by irvine_buddie

I reckon Plummer could easily play Goody's role as the defensive midfielder and allow Ozzie more freedom to move further forward.

I like Ozzie, but he has limitations. I don't think he'd be as effective going forward. He excels in winning the ball, then making a simple pass.

Is Plummer fit saw him taken off obviously but not heard anything since tbh

Late fitness test was to be done but I haven't read anything yet. Sure we'll know soon. Hadn't thought of Plummer being tried in a DMF role but it makes sense. Goody at CB though... I have my doubts. Goodwin's great at the second to last challenge but having him as your last line constantly would result in my a**e making buttons for most of the game.