Partick Thistle V St Mirren ... League Cup R3

TopCat

Full time 1-0

Winning twice at another top flight teams ground in four days would be a big ask for any side, but we gave it a decent shot. Especially given 3 of our starting 11 from the last game were unavailable this evening.

Not much in the game, as there wasn't on Friday. Though if any team deserved to edge it tonight, it was Thistle.

Edited by TopCat

Fully expected to get knocked out tonight after wining in Friday night. Not bothered league for me is more important this season. How good would it be to beat Celtic on Saturday.

Not nearly as good as beating Thistle tonight would've been

Fully expected to get knocked out tonight after wining in Friday night. Not bothered league for me is more important this season. How good would it be to beat Celtic on Saturday.

It would be fantastic but I'm afraid it will be at least six .nil I'm 100% certain we are getting relegated this season before the start of the season I was looking forward to it but by christ I wish it was done all ready we are utter CRAP.

That was god awful stuff. Lots of effort and commitment from both sides, but no football being played whatsoever.

I'll be surprised if we don't finish in the bottom 2. There are a few players who remind of the the calibre of player we signed in Danny's first season. Marwood, Reilly, Wylde and Drury don't look comfortable on the ball and panic whenever they have it. Every time the ball is played up to Marwood it just bounces off him. Reminds of Robert Dunn.

Thistle weren't much better but looked the more likely to score, particularly in the second half where we were just lumping it forward and couldn't get up the park.

On the plus side, if someone was able to play off Ball we might score some goals. The big lad did as much as he could with what was thrown upto him. The wide players when teale went off just weren't upto much sadly to give him any support.