Strachan's Squad

cambiebud

I see Strachan's followed the long tradition of Scotland managers in picking McGregor of Celtic. No harm to the boy, but he has about half a dozen first team games.

Always been a bug bear of mine when guys pull on a Celtic/ RFC(deceased) shirt and are called up to the national squad within 5 minutes. Hundreds of examples over the years

Hmmm, I'm happy to see promising young players brought through into the National set up, and I think that Strachan was never caught up in the "Celtic minded" bullshit while he managed them, but I do wonder about bringing in a boy who was playing in the 3rd tier down south and is in the early stages of a career in the SPFL Premiership, albeit scoring a few goals, but I do trust wee Gordy's judgement in

getting the best possible squad for Scotland.. so kick on and kick arse Calum!

ETA but not against the famous Paisley Saints

Edited by BaldyOzBud

He scored 12 goals from 36 games for Notts County last year from midfield and has already got a good few for Celtic this season.

True, but the point is he would never have been capped had he stayed there. Look at someone like Kirk Broadfoot. Ink wasn't dry on his Ibrox contract and he was called up. No chance of a cap while in Paisley

True, but the point is he would never have been capped had he stayed there. Look at someone like Kirk Broadfoot. Ink wasn't dry on his Ibrox contract and he was called up. No chance of a cap while in Paisley

He's been capped at every Scotland level before his call up the main squad.

I agree there is a bias but this guy looks the part already.

I'm surprised that Stevie May or Stuart Armstrong haven't been called up. Both were fantastic last season.

They were fantastic for clubs outside the gruesome twosome and they weren't capped for that reason. Now if either were to sign for mentioned clubs, the caps would automatically be granted. Call me a cynic but....