422 Minutes Without A Goal

So we've went over 7 hours without scoring a league goal when is it going to end?

What's the record for Saints?

Record for too flight Scottish football?

Next up is Killie away, Thistle away and Celtic at home.

Forget out first point, any predictions for our first goal?

I'll go with Thistle away.

Try introducing your 4 year old Saints games, he's desperate to come back and see them again........

You shouldn't be posting that. Someone from social services could be a member of this forum and they'll be paying you a visit. That's got to be some form of child cruelty!

once marwood is fit, then I think him and ball will be a good partnership, thommo will be a bit part player this season, however even though caldwell is a top scorer so far, i dont think he looks a natural forward.

Marwood is simply a different version of Lewis Guy. Lost of running with no end product and as for Ball? He needs to get himself into proposer physical shape or he won't be forming a partnership with anyone. Caldwell is the only one we have that wants to shoot and can hit the target.

Marwood is simply a different version of Lewis Guy. Lost of running with no end product and as for Ball? He needs to get himself into proposer physical shape or he won't be forming a partnership with anyone. Caldwell is the only one we have that wants to shoot and can hit the target.

I think that's more due to the mindset of our coaches...

"OOOOH, he's fast...hmmm, play it down the channels, nah nah, oh wait, slide it into his path, oh, even better, launch it randomly ahead so he can chase it."

...or McLean's...

"I was playing FIFA last night, let's see if this works...hmmmm, maybe I had pass assistance on...ah, but my boots are the bollocks."

...leading to fast players in our team being used as headless chickens.

Also been over 9 hours (551 mins) since any of the current squad who are still here scored a league goal for us. Wylde v County

It's been over 13 hours (813 mins) since a striker last scored a league goal for us. Thommo v Thistle.

once marwood is fit, then I think him and ball will be a good partnership, thommo will be a bit part player this season, however even though caldwell is a top scorer so far, i dont think he looks a natural forward.

I'm starting to think we signed Marwood because who his father is

Am i bad?

Totally pissed off with the shambles down Greenhill Road

We all desperately want our strikers to come good, but maybe the question we should be asking is why we thought we would score a decent number of goals?
Source is Wiki, and stats show appearances and goals for League only....

Ball signed while a Free Agent having been released by Derby County.
2011/2012 Derby, 29 league appearances, 3 goals.

2012 Coventry City on a season long loan, 15 league appearances, 0 goals.

2013 Torquay United on a two-month youth loan, 9 league appearances, 2 goals.

2013 Nov - Notts Co loan, 6 appearances, 1 goals

Marwood signed from the non-league English conference team Gateshead.
108 appearances, 12 goals (albeit he didn't always play up front).

Regardless though, is 5th Tier of English football equivalent to the top tier in Scotland?

Caldwell signed while a Free Agent having been released by Hibs.
21 league appearances for Hibs, 2 goals.
12 league appearances while on loan to Alloa, 2 goals.

Thommo

God love him, but our talisman is nearing the end for a centre forward (35), and currently struggling with injury.

I don't doubt for one minute that our strikers will start to clock up some goals, however I'm not confident that the figure will ever be particularly high, or for that matter, particularly regular. We will probably need players from all parts of the pitch to trouble the net, otherwise..... ohmy.png