422 Minutes Without A Goal

We need Thompson to get fit as quickly as possible.

Signing young guys that can't even be bothered to keep themselves in shape like Ball is just embarrassing.

Hopefully we can get a new manager in within the next few weeks and somehow manage to offload these guys that TC brought in. Would be nice if the new manager can put in a proper scouting system too, this complete lack of effort in signing players two seasons in a row is really unacceptable.

We need Thompson to get fit as quickly as possible.

Signing young guys that can't even be bothered to keep themselves in shape like Ball is just embarrassing.

Hopefully we can get a new manager in within the next few weeks and somehow manage to offload these guys that TC brought in. Would be nice if the new manager can put in a proper scouting system too, this complete lack of effort in signing players two seasons in a row is really unacceptable.

You are aware of the principle of the fact the widow is closed for signing players? 1eye.gif

FFS!

We all desperately want our strikers to come good, but maybe the question we should be asking is why we thought we would score a decent number of goals?

Source is Wiki, and stats show appearances and goals for League only....

Ball signed while a Free Agent having been released by Derby County.

2011/2012 Derby, 29 league appearances, 3 goals.

2012 Coventry City on a season long loan, 15 league appearances, 0 goals.

2013 Torquay United on a two-month youth loan, 9 league appearances, 2 goals.

2013 Nov - Notts Co loan, 6 appearances, 1 goals

Marwood signed from the non-league English conference team Gateshead.

108 appearances, 12 goals (albeit he didn't always play up front).

Regardless though, is 5th Tier of English football equivalent to the top tier in Scotland?

Caldwell signed while a Free Agent having been released by Hibs.

21 league appearances for Hibs, 2 goals.

12 league appearances while on loan to Alloa, 2 goals.

Thommo

God love him, but our talisman is nearing the end for a centre forward (35), and currently struggling with injury.

I don't doubt for one minute that our strikers will start to clock up some goals, however I'm not confident that the figure will ever be particularly high, or for that matter, particularly regular. We will probably need players from all parts of the pitch to trouble the net, otherwise..... ohmy.png

A large % of the appearances above for Ball and Marwood are substitute appearances so the figures are misleading.

In addition, its worth pointing out that Thompson's goalscoring record, particularly in England, was not great before he joined Saints.

But I get the drift...

A large % of the appearances above for Ball and Marwood are substitute appearances so the figures are misleading.

In addition, its worth pointing out that Thompson's goalscoring record, particularly in England, was not great before he joined Saints.

But I get the drift...

It's a fair comment Mr McCracken, point well made. Mind you, I'm inclined to think that if a striker is, in the main, making sub appearances it would tend to suggest he is not troubling the club keepers too much in training / practice matches. But that might just be me.

I'm as guilty as the next fan, but we just need to be careful that we don't think glass turns to diamond simply because it pulls on a St Mirren top.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is glass. huh.png

Every season we go on a run of games without scorong and a run of consecutive defeats.

Unfortunately this season they are both occurring at the same time.

One does tend to lead to the other, especially at clubs who don't sign any central defenders.

It's a fair comment Mr McCracken, point well made. Mind you, I'm inclined to think that if a striker is, in the main, making sub appearances it would tend to suggest he is not troubling the club keepers too much in training / practice matches. But that might just be me.

I'm as guilty as the next fan, but we just need to be careful that we don't think glass turns to diamond simply because it pulls on a St Mirren top.

If it looks like a fatarse, runs like a fatarse, and shoots like a fat arse, then its probably Callum Ball. huh.png

What is most frightening is that we've lost two games to the teams we should be most confident of beating, i.e. the two promoted clubs.

I don't buy that, as these promoted clubs have been in the habit of winning and, at the start of the season, are most dangerous.

I'm not saying we should have lost both games by any means but the idea they are fodder, well, how many teams have Hamilton beaten and Dundee are still to lose a game.

I don't buy that, as these promoted clubs have been in the habit of winning and, at the start of the season, are most dangerous.

I'm not saying we should have lost both games by any means but the idea they are fodder, well, how many teams have Hamilton beaten and Dundee are still to lose a game.

in the close season you told us that we had nothing to fear from Hamilton as they were shit

you based this assessment on having watched them play one match... A match they won 2-0 away from home against then spl opposition

you really are a clueless baboon

in the close season you told us that we had nothing to fear from Hamilton as they were shit

you based this assessment on having watched them play one match... A match they won 2-0 away from home against then spl opposition

you really are a clueless baboon

Deleted. wink.png

Edited by faraway saint

After watching them, albeit in 2 games, against a poor Hibs side I'd be inclined to think we can do pretty decent against them as they were, IMO, piss poor.

I'm not aware of the signings they have made which could make a difference but if the basis of the team is the same as last season then I think they will struggle.

Making stuff up again?

You really are a clown. 1eye.gif

My apologies.

You described them as "piss poor" and predicted that "I think they will struggle" and that you thought that we'd do pretty decent against them...

My apologies for describing you as a clueless baboon. I doubt very much if any baboon would be as clueless as you!

lol.gif:

Edited by Phil McCracken

My apologies.

You described them as "piss poor" and predicted that "I think they will struggle" and that you thought that we'd do pretty decent against them...

My apologies for describing you as a clueless baboon. I doubt very much if any baboon would be as clueless as you!

lol.gif:

Deleted whistling.gif

Edited by faraway saint

So 2 games = 1 match now? lol.gif

You really are a clown? 1eye.gif

Deary me.

Nit picking over my exact memory of your post over a month ago just looks makes you look even more stupid (if that is possible).

I think that your descriptions of them as "piss poor" and "they will struggle" pretty much match a description of "fodder".

And you based this on watching them beating an SPL side over 2 legs.

1eye.gif

clueless baboon! lol.gif:

Edited by Phil McCracken

Deary me.

Nit picking over my exact memory of your post over a month ago just looks makes you look even more stupid (if that is possible).

I think that your descriptions of them as "piss poor" and "they will struggle" pretty much match a description of "fodder".

And you based this on watching them beating an SPL side over 2 legs.

1eye.gif

clueless baboon! lol.gif:

Deleted thumbdown.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Oh dear, you really are getting upset. lol.gif

Is the season over already? 1eye.gif

You really are a clown. bangin.gif

the only person getting upset here is you

most normal folk would have admitted they were wrong by now, particularly as its over something that's not even important

you contradicted yourself, so what. You do it all the time anyway. But to keep squealing even when the evidence is presented is quite amusing

it takes a really clueless baboon like yourself to keep digging and making yourself look even more stupid

wipe away those tears faraway! :lol:

the only person getting upset here is you

most normal folk would have admitted they were wrong by now, particularly as its over something that's not even important

you contradicted yourself, so what. You do it all the time anyway. But to keep squealing even when the evidence is presented is quite amusing

it takes a really clueless baboon like yourself to keep digging and making yourself look even more stupid

wipe away those tears faraway! lol.gif:

You're a clown. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint