Sign in to follow this  
Mid Calder Saint

Out Of Contract Players

Two players available released by their clubs who could do a job for us. Firstly Lewis Toshney 22 year old central defender or right back an under 21 Scotland International prev on loan Killie from Celtic.Secondly Owain Tudor Jones 30 year old defender/midfielder released by Hibs ex ICT. Thoughts!

I know Toshney's name and I know I've seen him play, but can't remember any specific performances. For a centre half that's not necessarily a bad thing, at least he wasn't a notable bomb-scare...

Played for Dundee last time they went down

We're calling for experience, then someone throws in Toshney...good grief.

Anyway, my agent mate was saying earlier that there's not much around. Quick search found Brian McLean and Sean St Ledger, I wasn't sure if McLean hadn't gone elsewhere already. At 33 would St Ledger find it appealing, having been at Leicester City...who knows. I doubt the club would give TC money for a fee (Wardlaw, McQuade, Mooy, Imrie), cheers for that by the way Danny, so it's loans, deals or free agents. Any "deal" would have involved a player someone else doesn't really need and loans would be another youngster.

would be a great signing but think he will be out our budget & he will prob be looking for a club in England

Although he did say he was open to short term deals to put himself in the shop window. He could be the calming influence that can settle cheesy and inspire confidence in our defence, even of it is just until January.

Although he did say he was open to short term deals to put himself in the shop window. He could be the calming influence that can settle cheesy and inspire confidence in our defence, even of it is just until January.

would be playing Plummer n him not cheesy if he was to sign

Summary of the Q&A so far...

There's no money, shut up and support us you knickerwetters as we're not concerned. Makes suggesting anyone a bit redundant.

I'm only reading updates as couldn't make it but...TC appeared to say at the start that they are looking for centre half. Do they don't talk to each other?!

I'm only reading updates as couldn't make it but...TC appeared to say at the start that they are looking for centre half. Do they don't talk to each other?!

Yeah, noticed that then the bit about having cover anyway and finally SG with we've no money.