Isis Maniacs - Send In The Sas

murray street

The west have to be seen to be doing something about these animals slaughtering so many innocent people.

Too much propaganda going the way of ISIS just now, we have to accept that whatever happens it is inevitable

that these animals will continue murdering in their "caliphate".

I hope that the intelligence services are locked on to where the animals are that are murdering the journalists

and have a scottish aid worker lined up as their next victim, the sas/navy seals have to go in and take them

out and hopefully save at least one person from being beheaded in front of the world.

We cannot stand by and let this continue.

Sickened that these psychopaths are getting away with this.

Guest TPAFKATS

Senator John McCain knows them as he met their leaders a year or so past. I'm sure they aren't in the same location now though.

I suspect the poor hostages will simply be viewed as collateral damage to allow uk to follow USA into the area.

The west have to be seen to be doing something about these animals slaughtering so many innocent people.

Too much propaganda going the way of ISIS just now, we have to accept that whatever happens it is inevitable

that these animals will continue murdering in their "caliphate".

I hope that the intelligence services are locked on to where the animals are that are murdering the journalists

and have a scottish aid worker lined up as their next victim, the sas/navy seals have to go in and take them

out and hopefully save at least one person from being beheaded in front of the world.

We cannot stand by and let this continue.

Sickened that these psychopaths are getting away with this.

Navy Seals in the desert.

I'm glad you're no in charge.

France is known for paying out cash for hostages it's worked for them why not us. If this was a member of your immediate family this is what you would want. David Haines and his family must be going through hell.

We are not involved in this and should not be another reason for paying the ransom.

The SAS will not be able to bring this poor soul out.

I'm pretty sure there has been at least one unsuccessful attempt by US forces to free hostages held by IS already. Such rescues cost fortunes and put other lives at risk (not to mention the possibility of the militants seizing weopons and hardware which could then be used against us) and despite the massive publicity (and blow to IS) a succesfull rescue attempt would bring it's all about risk management. If there were multiple hostages being held in a single location (and we knew that location) then fair enough but IS are not that stupid. Horrible situation all round as we seem to have no bartering leverage here what-so-ever and UK will never pay ransome money to hostage takers.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

I'm pretty sure there has been at least one unsuccessful attempt by US forces to free hostages held by IS already. Such rescues cost fortunes and put other lives at risk (not to mention the possibility of the militants seizing weopons and hardware which could then be used against us) and despite the massive publicity (and blow to IS) a succesfull rescue attempt would bring it's all about risk management. If there were multiple hostages being held in a single location (and we knew that location) then fair enough but IS are not that stupid. Horrible situation all round as we seem to have no bartering leverage here what-so-ever and UK will never pay ransome money to hostage takers.

You would think that with all of the assets that the intelligence services have at their disposal they would have an idea where these guys are, there must be men on the ground in syria and northern iraq reporting on movements, this is one of the roles of the SAS to laser paint targets for air strikes, whilst doing so they will be observing the ISIS squads and reporting back on what they see.

They performed a successful rescue mission in Sierra Leone, so why not Syria or Northern Iraq?

You would think that with all of the assets that the intelligence services have at their disposal they would have an idea where these guys are, there must be men on the ground in syria and northern iraq reporting on movements, this is one of the roles of the SAS to laser paint targets for air strikes, whilst doing so they will be observing the ISIS squads and reporting back on what they see.

They performed a successful rescue mission in Sierra Leone, so why not Syria or Northern Iraq?

Because since we went around the world bombing and killing civilians to get at a few terrorists, supporting anything America does (no matter how repellant) and generally demonising Islam we have unsurprisingly few friends in that part of the world.

We therefore have limited intelligence on a wide range of things and my understanding is that we are learning less about these people not more. People who may have helped us in the past may not do so now.

These poor hostages are the victims of that. I don't see what can be done to help them without causing even more problems. Sending in the SAS to "boot some baws" is just stupid.

The problem is bigger than a couple of hostages as tragic as that is and I'm glad I'm not the one having to deal with my conscience over it.

Because since we went around the world bombing and killing civilians to get at a few terrorists, supporting anything America does (no matter how repellant) and generally demonising Islam we have unsurprisingly few friends in that part of the world.

We therefore have limited intelligence on a wide range of things and my understanding is that we are learning less about these people not more. People who may have helped us in the past may not do so now.

These poor hostages are the victims of that. I don't see what can be done to help them without causing even more problems. Sending in the SAS to "boot some baws" is just stupid.

The problem is bigger than a couple of hostages as tragic as that is and I'm glad I'm not the one having to deal with my conscience over it.

Sooner or later the sas and units like them will strike at the command and control of ISIS, it may take months or years but it will happen.

A mission to get this british aid worker out has probably been discussed at the top level, what they have to weigh up is the likelihood

of success and the margin of error involved in such a mission, people are sick of seeing innocents being beheaded in front

of the world, something has to be done to strike back at these animals and it has to be done NOW.

Sooner or later the sas and units like them will strike at the command and control of ISIS, it may take months or years but it will happen.

No doubt it will but will it help or just increase the number of Muslims who become radicalized.

I have no solutions but it is the inevitable result of US policies (and ours as their chief supporter) in the region post WW2.

Guest TPAFKATS

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

One million good men and women, probably a few bawbags as well, marched against the invasion of Iraq. Evil still triumphed. Edited by TPAFKATS

this is a good article on the source of some ISIS weapons plus some more info on what you touched on there. The West' foreign policy is a complete failure and it generates constant vacuums from arming the taliban v soviet union to arming sadam v iran to arming the rebels (including Isis) against al-assad less than a year ago. The people who are suffering as a result are not the west, they are the people on the ground in each affected country. It's something that badly needs reviewed.

http://www.alternet.org/world/how-isis-ended-stocked-american-weapons

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

This Guy was a Paid Security Consultant ( Hired Gun ) He Took the Money, He New the Risk's , Have no sympathy for him, A Mercenary who was captured, And not a Journalist feeding the people the New's ? Now Fcuk off with your Propoganda Sad Sack's !

post-8992-0-82256600-1409866747_thumb.jp

This Guy was a Paid Security Consultant ( Hired Gun ) He Took the Money, He New the Risk's , Have no sympathy for him, A Mercenary who was captured, And not a Journalist feeding the people the New's ? Now Fcuk off with your Propoganda Sad Sack's !

I mostly go with this "mercenary" idea.

There's plenty of them, happy to take the big money, stroll around being Billy big Boots (I know a couple) but what's happened here is a risk they are aware of so, could say tough titties.

On the other hand his family must be distraught.

He is an aid worker, check his profile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29068550

The British man being held hostage by self-styled Islamic State fighters in Syria is 44-year-old David Haines.

The father of two from Perth has more than 15 years' experience with a number of humanitarian agencies.

He has worked on projects in Libya, South Sudan and the former Yugoslavia.

He was taken hostage alongside an Italian aid worker in Syria last March - barely two weeks into his posting with a French relief agency, ACTED.

The pair had been working in the Atmeh refugee camp in the Idlib province, close to the Turkish border, supplying water, food and tents.

Mr Haines's Italian colleague, Federico Motka, was released in May this year.

Mr Haines attended the Perth Academy in Scotland.

Since 1999 he has held a number of positions with aid agencies around the world.

He worked with a German charity on post-war reconstruction projects in Croatia, including housing and demining. He was also involved in efforts to help displaced people to return to their homes.

In 2011 he became Head of Mission in Libya for Handicap International.

The following year he joined another agency, the Nonviolence Peaceforce (NP), and went to South Sudan.

There, he and other NP staff worked as unarmed civilian peacekeepers.

The NP has issued a statement since Mr Haines's name emerged in the public domain, saying it joined people around the world in pleas, thoughts and calls for his safe release.

Mr Haines's parents live in Ayr.

Edited by murray street