John Mcginn Wants More Of Our Money.

shull

Gareth Law's report in The Sun ...

John McGinn has rejected a new deal to stay at St Mirren.

McGinn is unhappy with term offered and could be on his way out of ... Wait for it ..

NEW LOVE STREET !

Fanny Law !

Not too fussed about McGinn. Like McLean, he's been shite this Season and disnae deserve more money.

Edited by shull

Part of his report ...

John McGinn has rejected a new deal to stay at St Mirren.

McGinn is unhappy with term offered and could be on his way out of ... Wait for it ..

NEW LOVE STREET !

Fanny Law !

Not too fussed about McGinn. Like McLean, he's been shite this Season and disnae deserve more money.

If you're not fussed about McGinn leaving then we might aswell shut the place! He's about the only talented player who's worth something that we have! Sad times Edited by Big Yards

He disnae love us. He wants more money he disnae deserve.

If he ups his game then we'll think about it but only if its within the St Mirren budget.

If he goes he goes.

St Mirren will survive.

If McLean and McGinn were top class, they wouldve gone long ago.

Good players but not brilliant, yet.

Edited by shull

Why announce that the week the transfer window CLOSES. If he wanted a move and anyone was interested his agent would have got him a new club before the window shut. Clearly no one was interested and hence John is miffed so the agent is now letting suitors know he will be available in January. The big issue is that he will not get his move unless he screws the head and gets back to some sort of form. As I have posted previously on here his head was turned at the thought of a move and when it didn't materialise his form went out the window. Might work in our favour in the short term as to earn a move he needs to improve 100% on what he has shown recently.

Why announce that the week the transfer window CLOSES. If he wanted a move and anyone was interested his agent would have got him a new club before the window shut. Clearly no one was interested and hence John is miffed so the agent is now letting suitors know he will be available in January. The big issue is that he will not get his move unless he screws the head and gets back to some sort of form. As I have posted previously on here his head was turned at the thought of a move and when it didn't materialise his form went out the window. Might work in our favour in the short term as to earn a move he needs to improve 100% on what he has shown recently.

Agreed, very strange timing for this to his the press.

PS Daft thread title, he's going nowhere for a while. whistling.gif

Edited by faraway saint

The article did say McGinn was not happy with the offer because it fell well short of what other players are being paid and that the club could come back with a better offer.

Reality is we can only afford to pay what is within our budget. John is a young talented player who can blame him for wanting more or wanting to move on to bigger things. I don't hold that against him would love to see more fans come through the gate which would help us keep our best players unfortuantly that won't happen we are a small club with a small fan base.

It wasn't so long ago that he was stating we're a great club to be at as players get their chance to develop etc. I can only assume seeing Kenny McLean, who aspires to being as good as John, get a new contract on bigger money has irked him slightly. That level of annoyance probably grows every time Kenny launches the ball out the park, shoots from nowhere, points at somebody, doesn't find his man, pulls out a tackle, hits a shit free kick, can't deliver a corner or plays stupid wee "I don't want it" passes.

It wasn't so long ago that he was stating we're a great club to be at as players get their chance to develop etc. I can only assume seeing Kenny McLean, who aspires to being as good as John, get a new contract on bigger money has irked him slightly. That level of annoyance probably grows every time Kenny launches the ball out the park, shoots from nowhere, points at somebody, doesn't find his man, pulls out a tackle, hits a shit free kick, can't deliver a corner or plays stupid wee "I don't want it" passes.

Time you had Kenny Mclean as your Top Man then? whistling.gif

I can sympathise with McGinn. Far better player in my opinion than McLean and along with Thommo and Goodwin (when he screws the nut), is in the top 3 at the club and the only one who may bring about a substantial transfer fee as he has been consistently good for us. McLean is Mr Inconsistency in my opinion which is why he is still with us. Anyway he has had a poor start but 4 bad games in a row does not negate 3 years of consistent, solid performance at such a young age.

We apparently offered McLean a huge pay rise in order for him to sign on for another year. I'd let McGinn match that and get him tied up for two years.

Although both have been absolute torture so far this season, they are two of the best young footballers we've had at the club for a long, long time!

Aye, McLean reminds me of Paul McIntyre.