The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Average age of our starting 11 against Ross County was only 23. Probably the youngest squad in the league despite what they say about Hamilton, United etc. It probably partly explains our disappointing start to the season. Things will get better.

See my youngest team in the league thread, we are younger than any other side.

Average age of our starting 11 against Ross County was only 23. Probably the youngest squad in the league despite what they say about Hamilton, United etc. It probably partly explains our disappointing start to the season. Things will get better.

It doesnt explain much of it, the difference between our players and some doing much better is only a matter of a few months. if it were years then it might be significant.

and 23-ish as an average age doesnt seem that young, anything below 22 would be more significant.

another thing to remember, young teams tend to shade after a few months-this might well be the best we will be in the season. a sobering thought for all

i think the fact that we have a clueless manager and shit players probably has more to do with it...

I get annoyed by the crap the TC spouts every week! He has bought poor players and he is clueless sorry ... but it's obvious we are so far behind teams that we should not be !!!....we need some direction from the top. . I respect our board but they have done nothing to support the appointment of the Mr Clueless? Which I am concerned by .......SC has never hidden before so we would appreciate a comment from the board on where they think we are???.....we need to do something soon Thomo is not realistically going to make a change till next year and at this rate we will be doomed ?

Please and before all the usual crap I don't post here often but after 40 years I am angry,so sorry!

donport. You are spot on with your comments. This in my opinion is the poorest top flight for years. We should be doing better. We are lucky I have just watched Well this evening and they too are poor. Tommy is fortunate we will still be third bottom at least until next weekend. This was a lazy appointment by our BOD and we just hear nothing to lift our spirits. To think we had that great team in March last year and our squad is a shambles now.

donport. You are spot on with your comments. This in my opinion is the poorest top flight for years. We should be doing better. We are lucky I have just watched Well this evening and they too are poor. Tommy is fortunate we will still be third bottom at least until next weekend. This was a lazy appointment by our BOD and we just hear nothing to lift our spirits. To think we had that great team in March last year and our squad is a shambles now.

The great team in March last year that finished 11th?

The great team in March last year that finished 11th?

with 6 points less than Dundee United in 6th place? This year we are almost 6 points behind 8th place St Johnstone after the first round of games and already 12 points behind 6th placed Aberdeen. However, as you say Tommy is doing a great job, has made great signings, and we've been unlucky with injuries, and discounting the first 5 games of the season we are on the up and one of the form teams, and all the signs are Tommy Craig will get things right and lead us to our highest placed SPL finish and best points tally and anyone who says otherwise is entitled to their statistically warped having-a-nightmare-knickerwetting opinion.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

with 6 points less than Dundee United in 6th place? This year we are almost 6 points behind 8th place St Johnstone after the first round of games and already 12 points behind 6th placed Aberdeen. However, as you say Tommy is doing a great job, has made great signings, and we've been unlucky with injuries, and discounting the first 5 games of the season we are on the up and one of the form teams, and all the signs are Tommy Craig will get things right and lead us to our highest placed SPL finish and best points tally and anyone who says otherwise is entitled to their statistically warped having-a-nightmare-knickerwetting opinion.

Quite a rant there, you feeling ok?When did I say Tommy was doing a great job?

This great team that's being discussed actually finished in a lower position than the current team is in.

What does the point total matter? Positions pays prize money, points doesn't.

The team that won the League Cup gave me one of my greatest moments as a Saints fan. The club I have supported for over fifty years.TopCat your continued support for the poor manager that Craig is is now becoming extremely tiresome.

Asking you a question about a 'great team' is supporting Tommy Craig?

Why do you think such a great team finished 2nd bottom?

Edited by TopCat

What do we think about TC sacking the sports psychologist because he can deal with the player's psychological needs himself?

I think if the sports psychologist said to the players 'Listen guys, just let the manager run through his pre-match routine , then on match day do the opposite ' then we'd be in the top 6 :P