The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Quite a rant there, you feeling ok?When did I say Tommy was doing a great job?

This great team that's being discussed actually finished in a lower position than the current team is in.

What does the point total matter? Positions pays prize money, points doesn't.

Points total might not matter as much as the final league position but it does give an indication of how many games you've won, lost or drawn in that season... and that season where we finished 11th we had one of our highest points totals in the SPL and had John McGinn breaking into the team, Goncalves on loan from January, the cup win, and Teale on great form for a lot of the season... plenty of silver linings and decent performances... including running Celtic close twice in 2013 after beating them in the semi final.

Points total might not matter as much as the final league position but it does give an indication of how many games you've won, lost or drawn in that season... and that season where we finished 11th we had one of our highest points totals in the SPL and had John McGinn breaking into the team, Goncalves on loan from January, the cup win, and Teale on great form for a lot of the season... plenty of silver linings and decent performances... including running Celtic close twice in 2013 after beating them in the semi final.

I prefer just looking at the position, and I'm sure our board and accountants do too.

Squad wise, the team that season was certainly the best I've seen at St Mirren. Guys like Dummett (currently first choice in the EPL) Isma (currently scoring goals at continental level) and Scottish internationalists Thommo and Teale playing some of the best football of their career. Experienced pros like Parkin, Imrie and Guy could barely get a look in.

Let us not get the rose tinted specs on though. The cup win was tremendous and you will never see me talk it down. It's glory showed how good that team could be.

However, the league form of that side was nothing short of a disgrace given the talent we had. We were at least good enough to finish top 6. Instead, we finished 2nd bottom.

I remember we lost home and away to a rubbish Dundee side then got humped 3-0 by a poor Hearts team with nothing to play for at the end of the season, and this forum going into meltdown. Relegation suddenly became a very real possibility, and many normally sensible posters thought it would happen.

Thankfully we were saved by a diving Peter Pawlett the next day and we stayed up. That team was safe from relegation with two games to go, just like last seasons team. Difference being that there was only one relegation spot that year.

Even though he is useless, the blame should lie with the people who made the unforgivable and pathetic decision to put a guy who has proven he is not up to the job of manager in the position in the first place.

Agree with this....

But he's got the job so we need to get behind him and the players, we're still in a position that we are competing with the teams around us and avoid relegation.

Edited by davidg

Craig's time is now up for me whilst we still have s chance of staying up.A lazy appointment his signings and tactics have been awful. The object of the game is to score and defend and we can do neither.He has no motivational or organisationsl skills whatsoever.

Ok, here we go. Who should we get in to replace him? I can recommend many, but who would actually be willing to come in and take over the poisoned chalice? I

Ok, here we go. Who should we get in to replace him? I can recommend many, but who would actually be willing to come in and take over the poisoned chalice? I

Who knows?! The fact the we didn't even f**king advertise the manager's position in the summer means that neither you, I or anyone has any idea just what calibre of manager would be willing to come to an established Premiership club with no debt, their own high standard of training facilities, within 5 minutes of an international airport and the 3rd best rated youth setup in the country.

After all, it's a c**t of a job, eh?!

I know you can't keep making excuses surly some of you realize the number of key players out injured is going to have an adverse effect so no matter who was the manager I still think we would struggle as we don't have the depth in our pool of players. Just pray we stay up.

Never called for a managers head, and I won't here either. Point is as a club we have been hamstrung for years now while we are 'for Sale'. TC is just the latest in a line of guys who try to do better than get us treading water to stay afloat, yet fail our expectations..........

Fans are sick of it , the product is completely gash, the limitations on us this year are unbelievable, our 36 y o talisman is unavailable and we struggle ???

Couldn't make it up , it's pathetic.

The weakest Top league for years and look at us, truly dire.

Plenty has been said on here about dismal times et al etc etc etc , but frankly , currently, this is as bad as I've seen us in a decade..

I'll be there next week though, but frankly , expectations are now so far down the food chain that MCDonald's looks like a culinary oasis

Edited by Seaside Nipper