The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Its now certain its another relegation dogfight season, that is a normal for us. What I would say is that with both Gus and Danny, for all their faults, they could get performances when they really needed them. That competitive quality isn't evident this season, we look a soft touch - we have a combination that we always look like we'll lose at least one goal and its difficult to see where we can get a goal from ourselves.

It may well be that a change of manager might still see us relegated, my issue is I've no confidence that TC would be much more effective in division below, inevitably that'd be squad without McGinn and McLean. If he's not the right man for this season or next season, then the decision takes care of itself and should be made now while there's a break in the season to allow for it.

What happens with Goody & Teale when Tommy eventually does go ?

Wouldn't like to lose Jimbo as a player and we may get another 6 months play out of Gary.

A new Manager may want his own coaches in.

If Tommy was to go Teale would be the new manager if we don't have new owners by then.

I still think it's hard to judge how poor a manager he is with the injuries we have.

Its now certain its another relegation dogfight season, that is a normal for us. What I would say is that with both Gus and Danny, for all their faults, they could get performances when they really needed them. That competitive quality isn't evident this season, we look a soft touch - we have a combination that we always look like we'll lose at least one goal and its difficult to see where we can get a goal from ourselves.

It may well be that a change of manager might still see us relegated, my issue is I've no confidence that TC would be much more effective in division below, inevitably that'd be squad without McGinn and McLean. If he's not the right man for this season or next season, then the decision takes care of itself and should be made now while there's a break in the season to allow for it.

Don't think we will be in the dogfight we will be automatically down unless we change TC now , then we might be in the dogfight at least.

I'm sure I could do the same with the EPL and other leagues too. Last season Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham were relegated. Guess what? They all changed manager during the season too.

That's a fair point, but it doesn't account for the success that Sunderland, Crystal Palace and Swansea, who all changed manager and then avoided relegation.

Thommo is a huge loss. Still if I was sitting in the St Mirren board room I would be calling a meeting first thing Monday morning for a vote on Tommy Craig. At 1pm there would be a press conference thanking Tommy Craig for his services.

4pm Tommohawk would be appointed manager. Wake up big man your playing days are over if there is someone who can lift the team to give us a fighting chance it's you. If we go down we go down no one will point the finger at you on a side you have inherited

An Aberdeen fan that I know warned me that Craig would be an unmitigated disaster (Craig had a similarly disastrous spell as caretaker at Pittodrie).

You would have thought the board would have learned from the Coughlin fiasco that fast-tracking an assistant with no proven managerial experience is just a non-starter. Alas not.

There is clearly a general malaise at the club just now and I just can't see it lifting. It's fair to say the new signings havn't set the heather on fire but it's equally true to say we havn't seen the best of Cheesy, Goodwin, Mclean, McGinn, Wylde, Teale, Naismith or Kelly either, In fact if we had to vote for the POTY now there's a fair chance Thommo could still win it.

yesterday was just abject. no fight, no desire, no tactics that I could see and absolutely no chance of scoring.

I don't think the BOD will sack TC nor do I think TC will walk. I agree that xmas is the time to review the managers performance like topcat says, however I also think that we are likely to be stranded in 12th place by then, meaning that a new managerv couldn't keep us up, it's not as if he's going to get millions to spend in january. I suppose that some of the posters on here are correct in that if we simply stopped going they might be forced to react but I fear it's the championship for us next year.

Time for Tommy to go - quick sticks. 1 point in 21 at home? Ridiculous. It's getting to the point where the fans are going to vote with their feet and I must admit if my choice is golf membership or renewing my ST next year then there is currently a clear leader...it's just not in the slightest bit enjoyable any more. The team is utterly shite, the managers tactics (does he have any?) are woeful and the players spend most of the game hiding.

To be honest I sympathise with Tommy as he should never been offered the job in the first place and for that our tight arse board can hang their heads in shame. It was a pathetic decision to appoint him.

What are Gilmour and co thinking? Do they fancy our chances in a playoff against Rangers or Hearts? They need to act NOW because if we go down we'll stay there. And let's face it, as it stands we will be going down.

Time for Tommy to go - quick sticks. 1 point in 21 at home? Ridiculous. It's getting to the point where the fans are going to vote with their feet and I must admit if my choice is golf membership or renewing my ST next year then there is currently a clear leader...it's just not in the slightest bit enjoyable any more. The team is utterly shite, the managers tactics (does he have any?) are woeful and the players spend most of the game hiding.

To be honest I sympathise with Tommy as he should never been offered the job in the first place and for that our tight arse board can hang their heads in shame. It was a pathetic decision to appoint him.

What are Gilmour and co thinking? Do they fancy our chances in a playoff against Rangers or Hearts? They need to act NOW because if we go down we'll stay there. And let's face it, as it stands we will be going down.

What play off,if he stays it's rock bottom

His interview yesterday says it all

His poor me act,injuries and not scoring goals

Injuries mostly picked up at training

Not scoring goals he signed 3 strikers

Just leave please,you ain't up to it and can't change things

Your management record says it all and you can't put that down all to bad luck