The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

What other way do we tell our BoD that we don't want our current manager. I was going to buy a ticket for the cup game against Inverness but no chance now. I am a season ticket holder but after having a couple days to digest the performance on Sat I won't be back until TC is sacked. Saturday was the straw that broke the camels back as most of our performances this season have been honking.

The problem is much deeper than just a poor manager, the whole club is a disaster from top to bottom. We need a whole new outlook, new board, new manager and new players!

I felt like stopping going when we got rid of Danny and denied him of a proper send off. All this was before TC was made manager. The board are as much to blame as anyone. Getting rid of the manager is only solving part of the problem not the complete answer

Edited by Big Yards

Don't practically like calling other posters a fool but that is just what you are with that post.

Really can't be arsed going though your list. All I would say is are you an arm chair fan if not then you know very well who was acceptable and who was not.

Surprised you are happy with Tommy Craig , each to their own I suppose.

Arm chair fanlol.gif sometimes I wish I was, so there was no calls for Danny to go last season, at games or

on this forum, your taking the piss right..

I'm happy with Tommy, where did I say that, I want him to go as much as the next fan, what I'm saying

is with this BOD in control we should expect the same old shite whoever's in charge.

I hope he goes today, the board need to react now, do they not realise that the fans are fed up with the woeful excuses from Tommy Craig.

More fans will boycott games, the club will lose money,if they want to sell the club then get a new manager in place at the moment with TC in charge it's like trying to sell a car without a steering wheel, no-one would buy it.

Tommy is the worst manager I have ever seen in 46 years of supporting St Mirren.

A couple of points on the posts above;

1. It is entirely incorrect to claim St Mirren fans were calling for Tom Hendrie's head "after one good season". We gave the team incredible backing during the season we finished last in the SPL and nobody called for the managers head.

As has also been mentioned there may have been a lot of moaning but neither Lennon nor McPherson (not Hendrie, nor Coughlin much really) had the crowd chanting for them to go.

2. This idea that keeps being posted that the "club needs changed from top to bottom" is complete and utter nonsense. The manager is given a budget by the board and the GM. That budget is within the limits to keep us financially stable (we are now, we didn't used to be) and the manager can build a team by signing players or promoting from our youth system (a system which seems to be quite good now, it didn't used to be).

A good manager would have come in with a competitive budget as compared to teams our size, good training facilities and some good young players to chose from. The only change that is required is that a proper manager is appointed! It is the fault of the board to take the lazy option and appoint Craig, Goodwin and Teale as the management team....hopefully something that will be fixed soon!

Saturday was the first time I recall a chant telling our manager to GTF for quite a while. Can't remember similar for Danny or Gus, even when they were disliked by many, might be back to Coughlin for that.

Do the fans need to put it into song that they want a manager to GTF, my lugs were bursting with the fcuk off Danny, and Gus

yer boring us to death GTF shouts in there final season,

Maybe we should blame that new singing sectionwhistling.gif

Arm chair fanlol.gif sometimes I wish I was, so there was no calls for Danny to go last season, at games or

on this forum, your taking the piss right..

I'm happy with Tommy, where did I say that, I want him to go as much as the next fan, what I'm saying

is with this BOD in control we should expect the same old shite whoever's in charge.

Some of my lines are taking the piss. But staying away for good is not the answer.

Please go ya waste of space !....go and watch yer first love Celtic and leave us to pick up the mess you have made of the wee club we love ! You are a total embarrassment , all the crap you spout after each defeat is a joke you bought a lot of inferior players and say that are missing a guy that's a legend but is 36 did you not take that into mind when bringing these wasters to the club please go ya total fud!,

Not defending Tommy in any way but he was offered a job and accepted it. He would be on more money and thought he could do the job. I think there is too much personal stuff being stated here based on anger, frustration etc but this is now a decision for the Board to make. I don't dislike Tommy and simply believe he was/is the wrong appointment. He won't walk away as it's his livelihood so he will either be sacked or allowed to carry on. The repercussions for the club - for its sale and, in the meantime, survival as a top league member may be determined by key decisions in the near future.

Ive not missed a home game since the opener in 2000/01 against Killie, in that time ive seen worse squads than this one, (Pretty much all of Coughlans reign) and not once under DL or GM would i have considered not going to a home game but i wont be paying to watch us v inverness.

My reasons are simple, The board have took the lazy, piss poor option to appoint Craig as manager with no thoughts to the fans. TC was always going to be a shite appointment, hes been a failure every time hes tried to be a manager and he was going to be a failure for us. The board should have advertised and interviewed for the position like 99% of clubs do. I have no idea why they appointed Craig, with Coughlan, we were a first div club and had to pay off a manager with a meaty contract so there was an acceptable cost based reason for appointing Coughlan. They have also (incredibly) gave Goodwin and Teale, 2 year playing/coaching contracts, Gary Teale is, IMO, finished and his injury record last year is another reason why it was ridiculous to give him a 2 year deal. Goodwin i can see why they gave him a 2 year deal, i dont agree with it but i can see the point. We didnt have the cost reason for appointing Craig this time, we could have let him go with Danny and started afresh which makes me believe it was nothing more than laziness from the board.

And thats before i talk about his signings........

Not defending Tommy in any way but he was offered a job and accepted it. He would be on more money and thought he could do the job. I think there is too much personal stuff being stated here based on anger, frustration etc but this is now a decision for the Board to make. I don't dislike Tommy and simply believe he was/is the wrong appointment. He won't walk away as it's his livelihood so he will either be sacked or allowed to carry on. The repercussions for the club - for its sale and, in the meantime, survival as a top league member may be determined by key decisions in the near future.

Far too sensible my Simpson's cartoon appreciating forum friend, far too sensible.

Are you sure this forum is for you?

After having heard the usual post match guff (inability to score/dominated possession etc) I took time to consider my views and not react while angry. I know everyone seems to blame the forwards for not scoring.

But

I have looked at TC's stats as a manager and as he has been a manager in his own right now for a total of 34 games not only has he only won 6 (at 17.65%) his teams have failed to score in 19 (55.88%) of them and kept only 4 (11.76%) clean sheets.

I watched on Saturday and after a few minutes, I could not work out what formation we were meant to be playing. Schoolboy tactics totally down to the management team.

I don't see how the BOD could expect anything other than what is happening and I don't blame TC, JG or GT got accepting the jobs.

They need to clear out now. TC nneds to go before we are cut adrift and his assistants can go as well. They are not contributing anything tactically. JG has let us down to many times. I have defended him through thick and thin but enough is enough. as for GT, his play on Saturday can be best described as lazy. When he got the ball, if he was under any pressure he put it straight back to whoever have it to him. If he has space he just knocked it into emply space to pass the buck. As i said lazy play. In the circumstances, we needed our most experienced player to want the ball and to make things happen not hide.

They can all go, When Motherwell get their new manager, there will be at least another 49 to choose from.

Even Thommo as a modern thinker, eloquent speaker and having played at the top recently would be (have been) a better punt with goodwill and credibility with the support. How about David Longwell (now fully qualified) as his 1st team coach.

At lease a "Cheap" option with potential, qualifications and credibility.

I note in his update on 7/11 TC said

“I think the games against Partick they always produce goals, we know that, that’s been our experience with them. They are a good side, they like coming here [to St Mirren Park] because I’ve spoke to Alan about it, they like playing football on our terrific pitch.”

Something else poor TC has to contend with

Sack the Groundsman – Plant potatoes. (Un)level the playing field.

Frustration I get , missing the odd game because of it I get. Never mind there are plenty from our area who think the same and board buses for Ibrox and Parkhead simply because we are a wee shite team.

I'm in the latter meaning will miss out certain games because of frustration.but never would I turn my back on St Mirren people come and go in the club , the club lives on because of the support. If we were all to do that the club would die.

Just as a matter of interest, i actually board a bus from near Ibrox (as i always have done) to get to see Saints. Ive not said I have turned my back on the club, merely that I refuse to pay money to watch second and third rate players masquerading as Saints players in our top league. For this I blame Craig totally, its not the players fault they are not good enough.

I can actually sense a unity among our fans who have had enough of this nonsense. I defy anyone to try and defend a "manager" with a record like Mr T Craig. the sooner he is gone, the better.

Is it just me who didn’t hear a lot of booing or GTF chants on Saturday? I was in the main stand and was surprised at full time that there wasn’t more booing. Maybe it just didn’t carry across from the west stand.

As others have said, it’s nothing personal with Tommy Craig he was offered a promotion and took it but the stats, performances and signings speak for themselves and the longer he goes on in post the more personal it’s going to get as his post-match interviews are patronising to the fans, he should do the decent thing like Stuart McCall and step down.

Who we get in I don’t know but Motherwell had over 50 applications within a couple of days of McCall leaving, surely there is someone out there who can take this team forward. I don’t think Thompson is the answer, as much as he is a saints legend, he has no experience in management.

ETA - I've been following Saints for the best part of my life, nearly 20 years, and theres been more thick than thin but I wouldn't be going to games right now if i didn't have a season ticket. Not only are the home results the worst I've ever seen but the performances are dire. At 0-0 in the 2nd half I knew we were going to lose a goal and at 1-0 I knew we weren't going to score. Even the weather for every home game is diabolical!

Edited by irvine_buddie

I don't dislike Tommy Craig but i'm starting to change that opinion every passing game and taking us to the very bottom of a piss poor league

If he was going would have been today. Need to find something else to do on a Saturday now.

There's f**k all money to pay him off and the board f**ked up by giving him a 2 year deal, an absolute ludicrous decision.

Gilmour went for the cheap and lazy option, the fans deserve better.

I'll be finding something else to do with my Saturdays,

Well we should tell him to stay at home and just let Longwell take charge in the meantime. Couldn't possibly do any worse. You know I watch a lot of football.You see coaches on the sidelines trying their best to get their team going taking notes etc.All Craig does is drift around his area usually with his hands in his pockets occasionally looking up at the Main Stand grabbing his bottled water but hardly ever giving instruction or motivating.His time is surely up.

Our BOD really are gutless aren't they? Not taking action now is extremely short-sighted. The crazy thing is we all know they are only worried about their bank balance, but if we go down this year then I would assume they'll stand to lose a lot more than paying old Tommy out of his contract and bringing someone in who isn't a laughing stock. Very frustrating times for the support - I believe we deserve better than the shite we are constantly being served and the lack of activity in the boardroom.

Do the BOD go to games? We are rank rotten and the malaise will continue.