The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

First law of football in a crisis like this. Make yourself difficult to beat.

Ha! Shows how much you know about football. First law of football in a crisis is quite clearly to bung in a load of untried youngsters and hope for the best.

Glad TC's not listening to lunatics like you.

I watched with interest yesterday, particularly as a result of Tommy's Team selection. To be honest I thought it was a brave call to do what he did, but it left me with an uneasy feeling before kick off and that didn't change throughout the game itself.

I think there is a real desperation about that team selection yesterday ! It's okay to change things, or bring in a player to freshen things up etc, I get all that ! But when it comes to starting young players on their debuts for the club, I think it has to be thought through a wee bit more ? I don't think starting young players at an away venue is a great idea ? I would have preferred Tommy to have started the debutants at home, in front of their own fans at a ground familiar to them, just to give them that wee confidence booster and get them off to a good start. I feared that we might get a bit of a doing yesterday and that's what happened, I'm not sure what that does for the debutants confidence.

Bringing them into a team low in confidence, away from home and against a high flying side ? Brave call Tommy ! Was it the right one ? I'm sure when he thinks it over he'll concede he got it wrong !

Re your first line!

Trust me you didnae think long or hard enough, FFS what has a charity game with 13 strangers got to do with how TC coaches....? (tongue in cheek there)

Hmmm... but on reflection, he did let me go back on several times with a strained thigh muscle.

i remember watching you play in that game,unbelievable that he let you go back on 3 times never mind letting you on in the first place, thankfully he wouldn't do that with a first team player who needed more time to recover from injury..... DOH

The lad brown made his debut against Hamilton in the absence of the thug Jim Goodwin and hasn't been seen much if at all since. Odd to start with such an inexperienced side against the side only 2 points behind Celtic

Time is up for Tommy and if he had any self respect he would walk away but he won't and I am not convinced the board will sack him anytime soon. I hope they do though.

If we are serious about trying to beat the drop we need to appoint a new manager now to allow him time to look at where we need to strengthen so that he can make the changes in January. We cannot afford to wait until Christmas as Top Cat suggests.

I might even go on Saturday if action was taken. The longer they delay the more expensive this is going to be. They are reaping the seeds of the decision that they made this summer.

My main point on all of this season is:

McGregor, Harkins and McGowan replaced with what exactly?

Harkins done nothing for us.

McGowan was like Miranda only give you about half a dozen good games despite having ability.

McGregor , wasn't too bad but no great loss.

All 3 however , better than what we have available now.

Harkins done nothing for us.

McGowan was like Miranda only give you about half a dozen good games despite having ability.

McGregor , wasn't too bad but no great loss.

All 3 however , better than what we have available now.

Quality aside, each was on a decent wage. It can't all have gone on FIFA McLean's "best deal we could offer".

My main point on all of this season is:

McGregor, Harkins and McGowan replaced with what exactly?

We have been in decline since we won the cup. Instead of building on our success we dismantled the squad.

On the bench or not picked that day we had the likes of Carey, Imrie, Parkin, Mair, Roberston, Reilly, McLean. Just look at our options now.

According to the Sunday Herald report there was no sign of Mr Gilmour at the game,while three of his directors bailed out after the third goal.

As good a public show of their apathy as you need.Will they take action or can they even be bothered,won't be holding my breath.

We can only hope that they were rushing off to a hastily arranged meeting.............................................

According to the Sunday Herald report there was no sign of Mr Gilmour at the game,while three of his directors bailed out after the third goal.

As good a public show of their apathy as you need.Will they take action or can they even be bothered,won't be holding my breath.

i'm not making excuses for mr, gilmour but he quite often does not sit in the directors area at away games, we could do without journos adding their tuppence worth to our predicament

If that is how they feel about yesterday's performance then I reckon Craig will be shown the door tomorrow, if this doesn't happen it will really prove that the board don't give a f**k.

I've thought long and hard before posting here about the subject, but I do think my thoughts are now relevant.

I played in 2013 in the Saints for a Day game on the away side which was coached by Tommy. I have to be honest and say that whilst he came across as a gentleman, as a coach (and this is purely my personal opinion), I was shocked to discover that on the day he seemed completely clueless and disinterested. There were honestly so many basics he didn't cover it was scary.

Now of course these games are not exactly league football, but at the same time, each side collectively is probably donating £2,500 - £3,500 to the club, and so for the coach to not at least treat it a little seriously is at the least quite disrespectful, and verging on unprofessional in my opinion.

It's pretty bad to me that having played under around 6-7 head coaches through School, University etc. including playing under Billy Davies, that playing under Tommy for that one game was the worst footballing experience of my life.

Take from it what you will, I'm just sharing my personal opinion that I was left bitterly disappointed with the experience.

In contrast, playing this year under David Longwell was an absolutely fantastic experience, and he knew what he was doing. Absolute respect for him, and it felt like a two way street.

I get that, and for me it's okay - I'll probably do it again sometime. For some though, that may be the only chance they ever get to have a match day experience, and so the coaches have an obligation to at least treat it a little, just a little seriously.

I'll give you an example. When making substitutes, three or four players coming off, three or four going on at the same time. No instruction of who was to go where. I asked Tommy 'where do you want us to go?' The answer? I quote "Eh, just go wherever you're comfortable."

I'm sorry, what? How does that work if there are already people occupying the places you're comfortable? The result? Where I should have been going? Up front. Where I ended up? Having to cover BOTH left back AND left mid, as nobody was in either position.

When Tommy took over for us this season, I was praying that that sort of nonsense was just because it was a 'kick around' and he wasn't bothered about it. Again, purely personal opinion, but I'm starting to think that the problems I experienced might not have been limited to then.

I could be very wrong (in fact, I really hope I am), again I'm just sharing my honest experience.

And again, I get that. I just think that it was a little too relaxed as it felt more like complete apathy / disinterest throughout. I just think that the balance between giving people the match day experience and the fact that it's a fun day wasn't balanced at all.

That, and of course I have this year's experience to compare it with, where to be fair to the club, it was absolutely spot on. Again, I really have to give both the club and David Longwell credit as he got that balance absolutely spot on in every way.

Sadly, in my opinion, Tommy didn't.

Hah, the funny thing is that I still enjoyed the overall day. It was just that I was left a bit perplexed with what was going on through the game. It was a very frustrating 90 minutes, and I came off the pitch just feeling very disappointed.

I'm certainly not bitter about it or anything, it's just that I was left scratching my head. Maybe it's just that my expectations were too high.

Mainly because regardless of the level or context of a game, there are certain absolute basics that apply universally to a game of football, that in my opinion were not there. It just really puzzled me. I just thought Tommy's attitude to the game was all wrong.

It is of course only an opinion, others are welcome to think differently and I don't have any problem at all with that, only being honest.

I must have have missed the Champions League Final when it came tae Paisley. whistling.giflol.gif

Scotland On Sunday wrote Stuart Gilmour was not at the match while the three dirctors who were at the match walked out when the third goal went. That suggests to me they are far from happy.

Edit

I see someone has wrote the same above

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Scotland On Sunday wrote Stuart Gilmour was not at the match while the three dirctors who were at the match walked out when the third goal went. That suggests to me they are far from happy.

Its sad isn't it? Tommy is just hanging on for a pay off.

Those same directors want to be checking out the mood of the fans on this forum in particular, it suggests that St Mirren will be hit in the pocket when fans don't turn up.

Its sad isn't it? Tommy is just hanging on for a pay off.

Those same directors want to be checking out the mood of the fans on this forum in particular, it suggests that St Mirren will be hit in the pocket when fans don't turn up.

i already know of 3 ever-present fans who are not going to the cup game against inverness,

I'm not going either. Nowt to to do with the legend that is wee Tam. But to do with the invalidity of my Season Ticket.

I'm also not going and it's not because of wee Tam, it's because I don't want to spend time and money getting depressed, frustrated, angry and disillusioned.