The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

The journalist was not named as far as I could see on the link, I'm guessing that it may have been Graeme Macpherson, Herald journo and Buddie.

Pretty bizarre, no? Don't remember seeing an article like that on a national newspaper without the journalist named on the article.

Seems pretty cowardly.

If you think setting and then matching a generation league high record in two of the last three seasons, and winning a title in the other is 'major problems' .... Then you have higher expectations than me.

I'm sure "Slash" doesn't need me to defend him but he didn't say "major problems" he said that Tommy Craig was a "major part of the problems".......you yourself wanted Lennon to go, as did I (although I never really said it out loud), and I can only guess that was because you believed there was some sort of problem that required sorting or changing.

Edited by WeeBud

Pretty bizarre, no? Don't remember seeing an article like that on a national newspaper without the journalist named on the article.

Seems pretty cowardly.

To be fair I've seen a few articles in online editions unaccredited, perhaps in the paper version it may be different, but I have to admit that I agree 100% with what was said.

Most people going will just buy their tickets on the day so doesn't surprise me theres only been 100 or so sold so far. There will be over 1000 home fans im sure but not by much.

I can't speak for "most people" then. My wife, grandson and I ALWAYS buy our tickets to reserve our ST seats as do a few of the guys I know who have Season tickets. Best you revise that by -3 or more.

Edited by stlucifer

to echo others, we usually buy our tickets before hand to guarantee our ST seats, so thats 3 down as well.

Whilst im not sure only 100 tickets have been sold, the more i speak to other ST holders and what can be seen on here, the attendance on saturday has the real potential to be a disaster.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the lowest crowd at the new stadium?

If you think setting and then matching a generation league high record in two of the last three seasons, and winning a title in the other is 'major problems' .... Then you have higher expectations than me.

You slagged off Lennon last season, suggesting his record was atrocious compared to your man Gus. Now its a great record? Double standards, methinks.

The most telling sentence in the Herald article is "It is a particularly damning statistic that St Mirren are the only team from the eight divisions of senior British football yet to record a clean sheet this season.". Yet TC only talks about our inability to score goals.

We'll be fine if we stick to our footballing philosophy and get our talisman back.

Just read the article in the Herald, it was Graeme macPherson who wrote it, it clearly says name and even has it photo on the page itself!

Eh, haven't you read above. It's a cowardly, anonymous attack designed to unsettle our wonderful manager...

The article is spot on. The BOD can't be f**ked anymore, and if we go down this year we'll be down for a while.