The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

He'll get another 2 games max, if we lose heavily on Saturday though and it's a piss poor attendance it might force the boards hand , I certainly hope so.

Shopping in breahead so I won't be there, the football is brutal and not worth a fiver never mind 20 quid.

Graeme Macpherson is an avid St Mirren fan who is writing what I would say the vast majority of St Mirren fans that I know are thinking. Graeme text me the other day saying the club had sold less than 100 tickets which I believe was the case at the time and I can't imagine they have sold many yesterday or today. I don't know of any of my many st mirren supporting friends who are going to this game and I do forsee an all time low turnout at the new stadium for a competitive match. I think individuals are thinking that they will not attend the game and send a message to the board so I believe his statement about an unofficial boycott even if Topcat doesn't. ;-)

Edited by Mr Zo

Graeme Macpherson is an avid St Mirren fan who is writing what I would say the vast majority of St Mirren fans that I know are thinking. Graeme text me the other day saying the club had sold less than 100 tickets which I believe was the case at the time and I can't imagine they have sold many yesterday or today. I don't know of any of my many st mirren supporting friends who are going to this game and I do forsee an all time low turnout at the new stadium for a competitive match. I think individuals are thinking that they will not attend the game and send a message to the board so I believe his statement about an unofficial boycott even if Topcat doesn't. ;-)

Will be interesting to see the attendance. I don't even think it will be our lowest home crowd this season, but we will see.

By the other day you mean the weekend? I would love to know who bought their tickets for this so far in advance. I'm surprised it's as high as a hundred, talk about organised!

Our cup attendances are always lower. We get approx 3000 home crowd for league games and approx 2000 for early cup games. It's been similar for years. If it's far lower than that there maybe some credence to the term boycott.

Will be interesting to see the attendance. I don't even think it will be our lowest home crowd this season, but we will see.

By the other day you mean the weekend? I would love to know who bought their tickets for this so far in advance. I'm surprised it's as high as a hundred, talk about organised!

Our cup attendances are always lower. We get approx 3000 home crowd for league games and approx 2000 for early cup games. It's been similar for years. If it's far lower than that there maybe some credence to the term boycott.

I've got mine whistling.gif

Not sure why people are talking about boycotts. The simple facts are season ticket holders are scunnered. No league wins all season, in fact all defeats and only one lucky draw.

The reason for the poor uptake is simple, not many are willing to pay money to watch the garbage that is being dished out week after week. I take my hat off to those who are prepared to pay and go in hope. I like others have decided to put my time and money to other uses.

Not sure why people are talking about boycotts. The simple facts are season ticket holders are scunnered. No league wins all season, in fact all defeats and only one lucky draw.

The reason for the poor uptake is simple, not many are willing to pay money to watch the garbage that is being dished out week after week. I take my hat off to those who are prepared to pay and go in hope. I like others have decided to put my time and money to other uses.

This.

I know of a few folk who will simply be there no matter how badly they are playing. They know who they are and take my hat off to them.

Mate i'm boycotting it but if TC is removed before Saturday i will be there.

It was Sunday night. After the home support witnessing so many league defeats this season and no league wins I think we all might be surprised how low the crowd is. Inverness are unlikely to bring any more than 300/400 fans.

This.

I know of a few folk who will simply be there no matter how badly they are playing. They know who they are and take my hat off to them.

I think that's the majority of fans to be honest.

The average Saints fan goes to every home game they can and would do if we were at the bottom of the third tier. And they don't post about it us social media either.

Saints fans who post about the club on social media and float depending on how well we are doing make up a very vocal minority.

The average Saints fan goes to every home game they can and would do if we were at the bottom of the third tier. And they don't post about it us social media either.

Saints fans who post about the club on social media and float depending on how well we are doing make up a very vocal minority.

TC I think you're living in la la land. Lots of my family and friends......no make that ALL of my family and friends who have supported us for years including the lower leagues can't be arsed going on Saturday.

There is a difference between a team trying and not doing well and a team no giving a toss and not doing well if the boys were giving it their best shot i would be there egging them on , but i dion't see this as the case.

There is a difference between a team trying and not doing well and a team no giving a toss and not doing well if the boys were giving it their best shot i would be there egging them on , but i dion't see this as the case.

You've hit the nail on the head but It runs a lot deeper than just the players doing their best. The BOD have short changed us badly this season, we are being taken for granted. The complete lack of passion and communication from everyone at the club is actually scandalous. I was more excited when we were in the lower leagues than I am now.

years gone by i to would turn up no mater previous results our how badly we were doing

but there comes a time when enough is enough

the board must do something

putting there heads in the sand is not

acceptable they are the custodians of our club

so act like it

Spot on.

TC I think you're living in la la land. Lots of my family and friends......no make that ALL of my family and friends who have supported us for years including the lower leagues can't be arsed going on Saturday.

Don't think I am at all.

Look at our average home gates in the darkest days of the Couglin era when we were far worse than we are now, They were around 2500. Just now they're about 3000. Hardly much different.

Most fans go no matter how bad we are, some fans come and go. The numbers don't lie.

Don't think I am at all.

Look at our average home gates in the darkest days of the Couglin era when we were far worse than we are now, They were around 2500. Just now they're about 3000. Hardly much different.

Most fans go no matter how bad we are, some fans come and go. The numbers don't lie.

Aye okay whatever, I can only speak for myself and the fellow season ticket holders I know. Out of the 6 of us none of us has or will be buying a ticket. Nothing to do with boycotts all to do with enough is enough.

ETA under Coughlin's reign I missed very few games, this for whatever reason seems worse.

Edited by Kendo

Don't think I am at all.

I think you will be getting another prediction wrong

People are totally fed up what is on offer and the BOD treating them as mugs

Even under Couglin we won a few home games

Don't think I am at all.

The core fans go as they've already paid for a ticket though. I think the attendance on Saturday will be the final straw in Craig's coffin and the decision will be made to remove him before Caley thump us. There will, IMO, be less than 2,000 on Sat and that is shocking even for us and will send a clear message to the BOD.

Disagree with this.

As you well know, I've been posting about it on social media. As you also well know, neither I, nor the group of guys I go to games with float depending on the fortunes of the club and only miss away games now due to lack of collective finances. I'm surprised at you even making such a claim on a forum like this where the majority of folk have been through the really shite times and stuck with the team.

The fact of the matter is I'm simply not willing to part with the money to put myself on a downer. If we were shite and had some fight about us, it'd be a different story. That coupled with the apparent fact that the board don't give a toss, had bred mass animosity and apathy. I blame not one fan for being disillusioned.

And as for your assertion the we were far worse off under Coughlin, well yes, but only because well have a glass floor for protection until the end of the season. Rest assured, this squad would be every bit as bad in the championship as that Coughlin side. We didn't even really hold our own against Dunfermline.

Edited by djchapsticks

Maybe they might win if there's a boo boy boycott tongue.png

Nobody boos any more Dave , they're all booed out , and those who attend all sit waiting on the inevitable, like apathetic lambs to the slaughter. I will not set foot inside the ground again until Craig's away . Bloody minded ? Maybe ! but I can't take any more !

I would describe myself as ritual attender of St Mirren games. It's what I usually do on a Saturday. I'm not boycotting, I'm just not making it my number one priority anymore. The Hamilton game on Saturday made that decision for me. I'll go to the home games that I can and find something else to do when we're playing away. If, despite his obvious limitations, Tommy is left in post for a while and we end up going down, I'll have a big decision to take on renewing my season ticket.