The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

This whole argument that Oaksoft is going on about, criticising the fans for having a sense of entitlement is nonsense.

Like it or not, we don't have nor should expect an individual entitlement. But as a collective of 3,000+ Who shell out on average over £500 each a season between season tickets, food and drink, merchandise and in some cases, hospitality, we ARE entitled to answers and shouldn't be willing to put up with the person at the helm giving it the silent treatment. We're the one constant in keeping the club alive and running. We were here long before the current regime, we'll be here long after they're gone. Tommy Craig is simply a custodian for our club and one who will only be here briefly.

No-one should abuse the guy, shout personal insults at him, throw Bovril cups in his direction or involve the words 'useless', 'auld', 'ginger' and 'fart'... otherwise I might think the abuse was meant for me. However, on an open forum, expressing the opinion that he is a shite fitba' manager who is surly and petulant in interviews and giving him a two year deal is, well, strange, is surely not abuse, but merely articulating your genuinely held belief that the useless auld ginger fart should have been sacked weeks ago.

No need for abuse at all.

To choose not to answer at the end of that interview is a fukin joke, the criticism is deserved because we have given away so many points, look at the way that Brendan Rogers has handled it, at least give a fukin answer, its like he's hiding away from the fact that we will go down if things stay the same, sadly now I don't see him leaving us anytime soon.

Really ? You`re quite happy for our manager to be so dismissive of our fans & unapologetic for our teams abysmal performances . :huh:

Oaksoft is a newbie, middle-class footie fan without a clue. Give him a break!,,,

Oakstur said, "I don't own the club.

I could do if I wanted to but it turns out that I have neither the money nor the inclination to do so."

Which, to cut it short means he couldn't do. He could if he wanted but he doesn't want.... Sigh....

He also doesn't quite grasp a lifetime's investment in money (and passion). Nor does he comprehend the proportion of an investment vis a vis one's income for him, as opposed to others.

I like having him as a 'fan'. I just wish he could really learn what it's really about.

I ,and about 3000 others , put a massive amount of money into this club & in my case have done so for over 40 years. If i wish to vent my anger at this or any other management team then i feel i am perfectly entitled to do so.

I understand that Tommy Craig does not have to answer to me as an individual but i believe he does have a responsibility , as a paid employee of St.Mirren FC to be accountable to the fan base as a whole .

Respectfully I disagree. He's accountable to the board of directors only.

You may believe that paying 40 lots of £250 (a relatively tiny £10k sum over nearly half a century) entitles you to a voice but you are wrong.

You spend more than that at your local supermarket. Try going down there and bawling at the manager and see what happens.

Oaksoft is a newbie, middle-class footie fan without a clue. Give him a break!,,,

Oakstur said, "I don't own the club.

I could do if I wanted to but it turns out that I have neither the money nor the inclination to do so."

Which, to cut it short means he couldn't do. He could if he wanted but he doesn't want.... Sigh....

He also doesn't quite grasp a lifetime's investment in money (and passion). Nor does he comprehend the proportion of an investment vis a vis one's income for him, as opposed to others.

I like having him as a 'fan'. I just wish he could really learn what it's really about.

lol.gif What a load of rubbish. Passion? Oh my aching sides.

A lifetime's investment? By all means feel free to flower up your contribution to the club in whatever way makes you feel your personal entitlement is justified.

None of it makes you or the other tantrum throwers either passionate or correct.

This whole argument that Oaksoft is going on about, criticising the fans for having a sense of entitlement is nonsense.

Like it or not, we don't have nor should expect an individual entitlement. But as a collective of 3,000+ Who shell out on average over £500 each a season between season tickets, food and drink, merchandise and in some cases, hospitality, we ARE entitled to answers and shouldn't be willing to put up with the person at the helm giving it the silent treatment. We're the one constant in keeping the club alive and running. We were here long before the current regime, we'll be here long after they're gone. Tommy Craig is simply a custodian for our club and one who will only be here briefly.

You can't state in one sentence that you have no entitlement and then in the very next sentence change your mind.

The only people with entitlement are the board of directors, who by the way are getting shit from fans as well.

It's the board of directors who kept the lights on when the bills arrived.

It's the board of directors who continue to put their own money in to cover losses etc.

You're trying to compare your financial contribution to theirs? I'm not having that. Not without picking you up on it.

Nobody is saying fans aren't important. Of course they are. BUT collectively you have no sense of perspective.

You confuse tantrum throwing with passion and you confuse the importance of £250 a year season ticket purchase with multi million pound investments by board members, some of whom appear to have their pensions and mortgages on the line (madness IMO).

The only people entitled to make a public noise about Tommy are the directors IMO.

This delusion of entitlement MUST stop.

You guys can start by posting a few posts condemning the abuse Tommy and the board have been getting.

You've had 4 threads now to express your faux outrage at Tommy's response to you.

Let's see some balance. I'm all ears......

You can't state in one sentence that you have no entitlement and then in the very next sentence change your mind.

The only people with entitlement are the board of directors, who by the way are getting shit from fans as well.

It's the board of directors who continue to put their own money in to cover losses etc.

You're trying to compare your financial contribution to theirs? I'm not having that. Not without picking you up on it.

Nobody is saying fans aren't important. Of course they are. BUT collectively you have no sense of perspective.

You confuse tantrum throwing with passion and you confuse the importance of £250 a year season ticket purchase with multi million pound investments by board members, some of whom appear to have their pensions and mortgages on the line (madness IMO).

The only people entitled to make a public noise about Tommy are the directors IMO.

You guys can start by posting a few posts condemning the abuse Tommy and the board have been getting.

You've had 4 threads now to express your faux outrage at Tommy's response to you.

Multi million pound investment by a board member, you are f**king having a laugh there.

Multi millions?

Source?

wnd_ea23a9a5ebac30e8fbaf2085f5cde58e.jpgAt last a face to go with the name.

Edited by linwood buddie

Oak soft I can assure as a shareholder that there is nobody on our current board who has made a "multi" million investment into the club , you are correct guys like George Campbell and mcausland have remortgaged their houses to keep the club alive so for that we should be thankful, gilmour seems to get all the credit but it's actually other board members who have invested more of their own cash

Maybe the BOD should put a 100k bet on, sack him and then collect the winnings and pay him off. Than everybody would be happy :D

They could also put 100k bet on who gets the next mangers job then appoint him.

This could actually be a money spinner.

You have missed the point by such a massive distance that I'm actually not sure whether you're at the wind-up or not.

I haven't once, placed any importance on MY financial contribution. I have however, place massive importance on OUR COLLECTIVE financial contribution.

As for this nonsensical £250 figure, do you honestly believe that a season ticket is the only thing your average St. Mirren fan will spend in a season? Once again, I placed the collective average at around about double that, but lets split the difference and call it £350 of investment per head, per season and even at that, I think I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt quite heavily.

£350 x 3000 people = A lot more important than you're giving us any credit for.

So pick me up on it all you want, you won't win this argument if you actually pick me up on what I'm saying, rather than all you've done so far which is pick me up on what you want me to be saying.

You buy a season ticket to get entry to 19 games - nothing more.

TC looks like a poor appointment at present and the continuity & familiarity aspects surely the main reasons for his appointment clearly haven't worked out but our last two managers had us in similar positions and managed to avoid relegation.

The current BoD are past their sell-by date and should just take the next opportunity to leave - I for one am willing to tale the chance on new owners who actually want to be in charge.

As always Doris Day sums it up best - Que Sera Sera.................