The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Time to pick up a little debt and pay the compensation to remove TC and find the money to bring Ian Murray to Saints.

Murray has shown talent, has previously made positive impact on joining Dumbarton when they couldn't buy a result. Also if the damage is so great that we do get relegated, I think Murray will lead us out of 1st division (or whatever its called these days).

Don't give TC the transfer window, there's no evidence to believe he'll succeed in it.

If Mark Guidi is right (PFFT!), then the most realistic outcome will be that the board will put off sacking him in the hope the club is sold and then he's the new owner's problem.

If the deal falls through, it'd be then that I'd expect the board to bag him.

What a sorry state of affairs.

It was clear after a few games that TC didn't know what he was doing & the players didn't know what he wanted them to do.

"We looked totally bereft of confidence from the very first goal.
We look beaten as soon as our opponents get a goal

"...you could see our confidence draining. Under current circumstances you can understand why.

Heads went down - Fair enough having seen the other games

"We can't afford to give a goal away, let alone four."
We don't expect to score more than 1 goal

Inspiring stuff !

Tsunami of angst?-nice to see you are keeping it all in perspective

I'd copyright that one before it shows up in a folk song somewhere

Tsunami of Angst are a great band. You leave them out of it. Kinda' like a cross between Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Check them out.

Funnily enough, having missed the last three home league games due to the NFL and Ryder Cup, far from wanting to avoid Saturday, I actually want to go. I have been through the feelings of disappointment at poor performances, been through the feelings of increasing frustration at the manager and BoD, been through the feelings of 'fcuk St Mirren!', been through actually thinking I hope someone puts ten past us to get Craig his jotters, and last night, felt that we hit rock bottom and everyone is now pointing and laughing at how shite we are.

When I reach that point, I feel a desire to wear my St Mirren colours proudly, and rally behind the players at the next game. I never boo or shout at players anyway, but this Saturday I want the beating to stop. Enough.

The players need to show some fight and pride though. The radio commentators were worrying me last night. They were reporting that while Yogi was cajoling and shouting instructions, Tommy was sitting on his arse staring into the middle distance. While ICT were organised and had leaders all over the park, we had nothing. We looked beaten after going 1-0 down. Painful, absolutely painful to see a St Mirren side going to a place (with all due respect) like Inverness, and it is like Johnstone Burgh going to the Bernabeu to face Real Madrid. How far have we fallen so quickly?

Not surprised that Yogi and ICT are so far ahead mind you. Alex Neil and Martin Canning with a lot of kids in Hamilton shirts already rip the pish out of Tommy Craig's St Mirren. Craig is slowly throttling the life out of this team. If he had any decency he'd resign this morning.

However, St Mirren is more than Tommy Craig, some shit signings and lost at sea loanees.... Or at least it should be more than that. Much more.

That's for another day though. This Saturday the team need as much support as we can muster. It mustn't be allowed to get to four or five goals against. Someone in that dressing room needs to stand up and get a hold of the eleven men wearing those multi-striped JD Sports adverts and kick some arse. Show some pride, even if the boss hasn't a fcuking clue and has 'lost the dressing room'.

The comments last night about selecting players that he knew wouldn't be competitive is tantamount to gross misconduct for me. He's more or less admitting he's purposefully not trying to get the team to perform to the best of it's ability. Surely such actions could get a guy the bag without need to compensation?

There is only one word to describe last night:

"Capitulation"

It's a hell of a long journey up that A9 with its average speed cameras, and worse coming all the way back down the road after that display.

I do not make a habit of calling for blood............................. but a transfusion is required URGENTLY thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifFlush.gif

There is only one word to describe last night:

"Capitulation"

It's a hell of a long journey up that A9 with its average speed cameras, and worse coming all the way back down the road after that display.

I do not make a habit of calling for blood............................. but a transfusion is required URGENTLY thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifFlush.gif

I genuinely feel sorry for you and the other 72 guys and girls who went up there.

You were robbed last night, by our own 'manager', no less.

In fact after last night, maybe I should send a music message to the BoD's:

"Can I have my money back, money back, money back?
Can I have my money back, please sir?
You don't hear what we're sayin', don't care what we're doin'
Can I have my money back, money back, money back?
Can I have my money back, please sir?"

one fear is that the board sell McLean and McGinn on the cheap in prep for the drop

Thing is, they're now not worth as much now anyway. It's the 'hidden' impact of what Tommy Craig is doing: devaluing the few playing assets we actually did have to our credit. We are no longer in a position of strength - we are a turning into a corpse and the vultures will circle quickly enough to pick at our rotting carcass.

We were in a strong position with McGinn in the summer, and we were stunned when Kenny stayed, but that's a long time ago now. Kenny must be kicking himself now - far from developing as a player, he's part of a f**king tragic, shitfest team. No decent player (even by Championship standards) would want to sign for us next summer when Tommy Craig is busy preparing us for back-to-back relegations. Kenny and McGinn will be off like a shot. Naismith and Kelly will do likewise. Osbourne, Teale and Goodwin will be off to the footballing knackers yards, and I fear Thommo could be on his last legs too.

The loan players will leg it, Wylde will probably sign for Kilmarnock and turn into a decent player.

Strikeforce of Caldwell and Reilly in the Championship? Cheesy as captain? f**king brilliant.

Edited by Magic Monkey

Tommy talks after every game as if he was a spectator, not someone who should be trying to influence proceedings.

After Saturday, he said the game changed when ICT made a couple of tactical changes, and were on the front foot from then on. If he could see that, why didn't he respond?

We were in a strong position with McGinn in the summer, and we were stunned when Kenny stayed, but that's a long time ago now. Kenny must be kicking himself now - far from developing as a player, he's part of a f**king tragic, shitfest team. No decent player (even by Championship standards) would want to sign for us next summer when Tommy Craig is busy preparing us for back-to-back relegations. Kenny and McGinn will be off like a shot. Naismith and Kelly will do likewise. Osbourne, Teale and Goodwin will be of to the footballing knackers yards, and I fear Thommo could be on his last legs too.

The loan players will leg it, Wydle will probably sign for Kilmarnock and turn into a decent player.

The rumour I'd heard a few weeks ago was that the club offered McGinn a new contract that was either the same or less (I can't remember which) than what he's currently on, in the knowledge we'll get a development fee for him if he leaves in the summer.

Under the right manager, he's a great player. But you're right, under TC his (& McLean's) value decreases every week.

The time to do something was at the AGE but those present bottled out.Only the chairman of SMISA voted against the 're election of the Directors, the rest of you sat on your hands ,so don t come on here and moan about the board,it's too late.

Wrong , myself and my parents all votes against him too which got a very dirty look from Mr gilmour but I agree with you that more could have done so Edited by gazmc83

I had a very high opinion of our BOD for everything they done for the club in the dark days, but what's happening with TC has now undone all there good work. This club is heading back to those dark days all thanks to them giving a moronic, clueless idiot a 2 year deal, I think if TC left it would be the greatest thing to happen to us since the cup win.

We need a major lift and change to give us a fighting chance

This is what happens when so many people call for the heads of managers who are doing an essentially decent job - Gus, Danny... it's like the boy who cried wolf.

Sadly, as we are seeing, failing to progress is nowhere near as big an issue as actually regressing.

Well the football under Gus was getting a bit grim, but I would overall agree. It would have nice to pushing for Europe every year but Danny was essentially doing a good job and gaining in experience as he went. We could have sacked TC in the summer, I'm sure Lennon would have been happy to see the back of him!