The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Ann Budge paid £2million to purchase the club.Their fans pay s fixed amount monthly into The Hearts Foundation.In around two years Ann will get get cash back and the club will be fan owned.I know a bit about this since my son in law who is a jambo pays monthly by Direct Debit.No reason whatsoever why we couldn't have a similar type scheme.Call it The Saints Foundation.

Who's going to pay the 2 million though?

While it was a missed opportunity, there were also many flaws to the bid.

Plenty of people keep banging the fan ownership scheme drum but I've yet to see anyone, or a group of people, develop a proposal for ownership post 10000 hours.

I also wondered how we could fund a better budget than we moan about now under fan ownership. I think we would more or less solely go down the route of youth setup only. Nothing wrong with that though we wouldn't be competing in the top league any longer and meeting fans expectations.

Replace Ann Budge with the Social Enterprise funders that were allegedly in place and you have exactly the same model. The guys at 10000 hours explained how it would operate and what would happen if more fans, businesses or community groups joined than were needed to simply cover the costs.

There was no reason to suppose it couldn't work so long as the fans felt able to commit for about 5 years. After the loans were repaid to the social funders ALL of the direct debit cash each month would have provided new money for players or investment.

Tell me please what was the big risk in all of this? My answer is the fans! Are there so few of us who would pay £10 per month? Are we unable to elect our own Board and to hold them to account?

I really don't get the negativity. We weren't being asked to mortgage our homes and the club would not have carried the debt. So why did the fans have such a negative view?

Instead we have stood by and watched the playing budget shrink and the quality fall. Who on earth opted for that?????

Replace Ann Budge with the Social Enterprise funders that were allegedly in place and you have exactly the same model. The guys at 10000 hours explained how it would operate and what would happen if more fans, businesses or community groups joined than were needed to simply cover the costs.

There was no reason to suppose it couldn't work so long as the fans felt able to commit for about 5 years. After the loans were repaid to the social funders ALL of the direct debit cash each month would have provided new money for players or investment.

Tell me please what was the big risk in all of this? My answer is the fans! Are there so few of us who would pay £10 per month? Are we unable to elect our own Board and to hold them to account?

I really don't get the negativity. We weren't being asked to mortgage our homes and the club would not have carried the debt. So why did the fans have such a negative view?

Instead we have stood by and watched the playing budget shrink and the quality fall. Who on earth opted for that?????

That's all well and good, but my recollection is thst the largest Social Enterprise group pulled out. There was also the whole debate about these groups shouldn't get to use the facilities etc. If they read this forum, they didn't exactly get a warm fuzzy feeling so why invest? Alongside that was the moronic "if they're not fans they can f**k off" debate.

In fighting would see people leave, the fact it's not just a bit of fun would see people leave and add to that the fighting we see on here entering most debates. One large problem is that if you're all in then it overtakes your life, whilst if you just want go be involved a bit and vote you're putting a lot of trust in people. There's a much wider debate, but it takes a good while and is pretty damned boring.

That's all well and good, but my recollection is thst the largest Social Enterprise group pulled out. There was also the whole debate about these groups shouldn't get to use the facilities etc. If they read this forum, they didn't exactly get a warm fuzzy feeling so why invest? Alongside that was the moronic "if they're not fans they can f**k off" debate.

In fighting would see people leave, the fact it's not just a bit of fun would see people leave and add to that the fighting we see on here entering most debates. One large problem is that if you're all in then it overtakes your life, whilst if you just want go be involved a bit and vote you're putting a lot of trust in people. There's a much wider debate, but it takes a good while and is pretty damned boring.

Maybe REA was just very good at trying to be all things to all people, but when I spoke to him I remember him saying that 10000Hours wasn't just about owning St Mirren. It was going to be much bigger than that. To me it sounded genuinely exciting at the time. There was to be Community Buy In - people on here seemed to assume the "Community" being talked about was just St Mirren fans" but that wasn't to be the case - which would mean many community groups being benefited in Paisley and there was the potential to expand the principal all over the place. IIRC I think there was even, at one point, people from Singapore or somewhere like that who were observing what was being done. Unfortunately the more the topic got debated, and the more the proposal moved on the more parochial the whole thing got.

The Motherwell game will be the big one for Tommy. If we lose that one I can see him being punted.

This is also my thinking on the situation. Most of the key senior player's will have been back playing a few games come the Motherwell game and will hopefully be match fit so Tommy should have as good a squad to choose from in a winnable home game. No excuses! The board can't afford not to relieve him from his duties if we lose this one and find ourselves rooted to the foot of the league.

It's the first time in quite some time that the vast majority of our fans want rid of the manager. Under Gus and Danny it was always very mixed even at the end.

This is also my thinking on the situation. Most of the key senior player's will have been back playing a few games come the Motherwell game and will hopefully be match fit so Tommy should have as good a squad to choose from in a winnable home game. No excuses! The board can't afford not to relieve him from his duties if we lose this one and find ourselves rooted to the foot of the league.

It's the first time in quite some time that the vast majority of our fans want rid of the manager. Under Gus and Danny it was always very mixed even at the end.

Do they?

The vast majority?

Or the vocal minority on here?

The vast majority I've spoken to in real life are against TC.In fact it's unanimous,not one person I have talked to is supporting him.

Even ex players like Steven McGarry are tweeting it's worrying times for the buddies and that they have never seen this much negativity around the club, he stays in bloody Australia , says it all really.

There isn't even a split between the fans like there was under Gus and Danny.

Do they?

The vast majority?

I believe its the vast majority. Only a couple of exceptions on here (& even they seem to be swithering) want him out. & As you talk to fellow saints fans the massive majority have had enough.

I obviously do not have scientific data to back this up , but if you listened to other peoples voices rather than the ones in your head , you might see that is the case.

I believe its the vast majority. Only a couple of exceptions on here (& even they seem to be swithering) want him out. & As you talk to fellow saints fans the massive majority have had enough.

I obviously do not have scientific data to back this up , but if you listened to other peoples voices rather than the ones in your head , you might see that is the case.

I was half expecting a poll on if TC should stay or go by now , I think that fact its not on yet tells us a vast majority want him gone , I do.

I believe the crowd numbers at the ICT cup game said a lot.

Normally a cup game engenders enthusiasm, a hint of hope and excitement.............. the fact that we got less than 2000 folk there says it all.

The vast majority of fans seem to have decided that there is "something rotten in the State of Paisley"........... and I'll leave you to consider what that may be!

Do they?

The vast majority?

Of everyone who posts regularly on here theres what 2 or 3 supporting him? I haven't spoke to anyone in person who wants him to stay.. and even all the non saints fans I work with are baffled why he's not been sacked yet.

So yeh.. vast majority thumbup2.gif

Of everyone who posts regularly on here theres what 2 or 3 supporting him? I haven't spoke to anyone in person who wants him to stay.. and even all the non saints fans I work with are baffled why he's not been sacked yet.

So yeh.. vast majority thumbup2.gif

Me neither not one of the many Saints fans I know still back Craig (and no they don't all post on here)