The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

To be honest, I think your splitting hairs, folk couldn't believe he had been appointed full stop. But yes I remember plenty being pretty amazed he managed to get a 2 year deal

No the length of the contract which is what you're challenging was my point, give me some examples but I don't recall it being the main issue.

I've checked this thread and the length of the contract isn't mentioned until post#63

He shouldn't have been given a 2 year deal in the first place

Plenty hindsight going on.......................

I'm obviously in a minority of one at this point in time but I think 2 years (or maybe one a one year rolling deal) is the right amount of time to offer a new manager. The problem is not the length of the contract but that TC has clearly turned out to be the wrong appointment, sadly we are not a club with much/any room for error on this matter in a 12 team top flight.

How many people were questioning the length of TC's appointment back in May?

PS - Let me add I see no reason for TC to resign and not receive the full terms due in his contract.

PPS - Is their a relegation clause that would allow us to sack him in these circumstances? Painful to swallow but if there was & I was on the BoD that would be my choice.

Had I known it was a 2 year deal I would question why an untried manager got such a grand term. Untried is maybe a bit flattering as I suppose he had a stint at this game before and we all know that record.

Had I known it was a 2 year deal I would question why an untried manager got such a grand term. Untried is maybe a bit flattering as I suppose he had a stint at this game before and we all know that record.

Clearly reported at the time - quote from May 13

Senior players Gary Teale and Jim Goodwin will make up his backroom team at St Mirren, with the trio all agreeing two-year contracts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27402249

As I said I questioned the length of the contacts - GT's in particular before this article was even published but I don't remember the length of contracts being an issue for the majority back in May

Edited by Bud the Baker

Clearly reported at the time - quote from May 13

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27402249

As I said I questioned the length of the contacts - GT's in particular before this article was even published but I don't remember the length of contracts being an issue for the majority back in May

Most of us were too busy questioning why Tommy was given the job full stop.

Most of us were too busy questioning why Tommy was given the job full stop.

Yeah plenty were, myself included, all I'm saying is that the specific issue of the length of the contract which just about everyone now agrees was a "mistake" was rarely mentioned back in May - I've skimmed through the thread and can only see one other poster Murray7 who mentions it. I'll repeat myself this is an "mistake" that most people are focussing on in hindsight.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Yeah plenty were, myself included, all I'm saying is that the specific issue of the length of the contract which just about everyone now agrees was a "mistake" was rarely mentioned back in May - I've skimmed through the thread and can only see one other poster Murray7 who mentions it. I'll repeat myself this is an "mistake" that most people are focussing on in hindsight.

This appointment was always going to be a disaster, like you said most of us saw it coming.

The only reason the length of the contract is now being discussed by some, is because it seems to be the only thing holding back the BOD from doing what they should, and the fact Tommy said he won't walk for 18 months.

It would help if you explained how you know these claims as fact. In any event, despite around 1300 fans signing DD commitments, there is clearly so many fans who are against fan ownership that I despair. There are no well intentioned big investors out there, only guys who want to take from football. So if we are against fan ownership we might as well give up now.

What exactly are you hoping for?

Definetly for 'FAN OWNERSHIP' but dead against the 'FANBOY OWNERSHIP' and thats what 10000 howls was all about! Where is Dicky these days, i thought he declared he had 'Saintmirreniatis'?

Motherwell'a next 2 fixtures are against county and then us, they will be looking to bring in a new gaffer this week to give them a lift for these games.... Will we do the same or will we leave it until it's too late?

We will leave it till next may when relegated to league 1 which will be 18 months too late!

Calm down, surely to God even the BOD can see that it's all over and every day that they delay the more expensive it gets.

I'm not sure they can see its all over, they are going to sit tight still and hope we can still turn it around.

Have a really bad feeling that we are stuck with TC for a while yet.

Why would it be needed to question the length of a contract when questioning giving the contract itself?

The number of years is incidental as it was deemed a disaster to give ANY contract by many.