The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

I'm not sure they can see its all over, they are going to sit tight still and hope we can still turn it around.

Have a really bad feeling that we are stuck with TC for a while yet.

They will be sitting tight in an empty stadium. They must realise this now.

Guest TPAFKATS

Seems that around a year ago there was constant speculation on tv, radio and in press regarding Danny Lennon with the word 'untenable' used by just about every reporter and punter.

Tommy doesn't seem to be getting it as tight- mibees I'm just not seeking out buddies these days?

Edited by TPAFKATS

Seems that around a year ago there was constant speculation on tv, radio and in press regarding Danny Lennon with the word 'untenable' used by just about every reporter and punter.

Tommy doesn't seem to be getting it as tight- mibees I'm just not seeking out buddies these days

I think at this point last season we were sitting at 8th on 16 points. Lennon's tenure certainly had those long winless runs where people (including me, at points) were calling for his head, but he always pulled off the wins when they were really needed. The pundits now are definitely on Craig's case, and I think a few of them are actually mystified that he's still in a job.

Hoping TC gets the bullet tomorrow.

Or maybe use the money to hire the hospitality suite and invite the 73 who travelled to Inverness for a night out.

Manchester for a Christmas night out?

Jings. Times must be hard for these modern day footballers.

In the 80s Saints players used to go to Paris midweek every week.

A great idea........No wait....

Better make that 72......It's only four miles for me......I can see The Freezerdome Caley Park from my Hoose on the Hill.

Free night out gone now.......

I was very supportive of Danny during his time at saints, until about this point last year as he began to run out of ideas.

My position changed to , perhaps now its best for him to go , best thing for both parties. Then a gradual dawning that he`d reached a point where the team were stagnating & we needed a new face.

But throughout it all i always respected Danny for what he brought to us in 2013, for his respect & appreciation for the fans , his acknowledgement of his & the teams deficiencies & his undoubted affinity for the club & its fanbase.

Tommy Craig is a different case, he is clueless, unwilling to accept blame, has a total disregard for our fans & dont get me started on his player choices in the transfer market !

He has to go . The club is heading for the championship & there is a real danger we may languish there for many years if the BOD dont act & act soon.

Guest TPAFKATS

I was very supportive of Danny during his time at saints, until about this point last year as he began to run out of ideas.

My position changed to , perhaps now its best for him to go , best thing for both parties. Then a gradual dawning that he`d reached a point where the team were stagnating & we needed a new face.

But throughout it all i always respected Danny for what he brought to us in 2013, for his respect & appreciation for the fans , his acknowledgement of his & the teams deficiencies & his undoubted affinity for the club & its fanbase.

Tommy Craig is a different case, he is clueless, unwilling to accept blame, has a total disregard for our fans & dont get me started on his player choices in the transfer market !

He has to go . The club is heading for the championship & there is a real danger we may languish there for many years if the BOD dont act & act soon.

All of this

Last year there was a faction in the club wanting rid of Danny and TC to put in there. They drip fed stories (Lies) to the press about Thommo being unhappy and wasting transfer money. Games being must wins etc.

They got their way.

Now that same faction is still hoping things come good or they end up with egg.on their face. They have not been leaking stories and that is why the press have not been on TC's back.

By the way TC is a good COACH.

Danny was a good MANAGER.

see if the numpties can spot the difference.

According to tommy craigs wiki page he has a better record at saint mirren than he did with charleroi after the same amount of games.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Craig ... 15.79 win percentage.... Seems like he was in charge of the belgians for 5 months and 19 games, and he has had 19 games with saints now and it must be around 5 months he has been the manager... It's a

sign !

I'm surprised old Tommy knows how to work a computer and edit Wikipedia...

I actually thought Tommy Craig's appointment might have worked out OK, and thought it made a certain amount of sense if say, he and Danny Lennon had clashed over the signings made last summer or over sourcing Adam Campbell and then dropping him after he scored 3 goals, or if DL had fallen out with players and lost the dressing room but TC had helped pull everyone together and had helped us reach 8th. I also thought if he had a good track record of helping develop young players and being a good coach then he could be a good fit for St Mirren rather than a chequebook manager like Derek Adams or Jimmy Calderwood or Terry Butcher.

In hindsight I do wonder whether TC rather than DL was the problem last season - the duff signings have got worse and unlike DL TC continues to play them rather than punt them, players are supposedly unhappy with training, injury record has deteriorated and we probably have half the points we would have had if DL was still around (we'd probably be on a par with Partick Thistle).

I actually think DL might have played a blinder had his services been retained in the summer. After the stress he must have operated under for the final season due to a terrible summer transfer window I think he would have been careful to sign well like he did during his 2nd summer transfer window, and he had operated for a lot of his final season with his weakest defence as he was clearly set to overhaul that area of the team in the summer after paying off Barron mid-season and freezing Mair and DVZ out so their contracts ended in the summer. DL also had a track record of being ruthless with senior players nearing the end of their lifespan at SPL level. I'm not sure he would have handed 2 year extensions to Gary Teale or Jim Goodwin.

Just saw TC's interview on sportscene, was he really at the same game? We were turgid, lacked creativity and, like every home game this season, we seemed to give the other team the ball for the last 20 minutes. Is he really happy with that performance? Please just feck off now Tommy. I'm usually much more polite but you've really started to annoy me.

You have to hope that somewhere in TC's contract there are clauses about league positions and relegation play off places and relegation and new owners taking over and having the option of appointing their own man. Would be very surprised given the BoD are hardly newbies if TC would have to pay out 2 years wages for 6 months work given the standards of results and performances for those 6 months. TC said when appointed that the target was to do better than DL had done.

Why would it be needed to question the length of a contract when questioning giving the contract itself?

The number of years is incidental as it was deemed a disaster to give ANY contract by many.

I was replying to a post which specifically criticized the length of TC's contract - it didn't seem to be a hot issue back in May or even when this thread was started in September. To repeat myself there seems to be a fair bit of posting with the benefit of hindsight