The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

I don't really think a two year deal is an absurdly long contract, I remember we had Tom Hendrie on a five year deal!

It is unusual for a manager to be so incompetent that he clearly has to be moved on so soon in to a contract however.

Moved on he will need to be though! Motherwell had about 60 serious applicants for the job, hopefully we will get rid of Tommy today, put Gary Teale in charge for the Celtic game and then have a new man in charge on the Monday. That Motherwell clash in two weeks is a real six pointer, we can't be going in to it with the current shambles of a set up.

What pisses me off is that we keep hearing TC being called the 'cheap' option.

Is he really on more than, say, Ian Murray would have been, had we recruited him? It's not like Tommy already had a two-year contract and we needed him to wind it down: likewise the two player-assistants.

It wasn't the cheap option, it was the lazy option. A board that simply couldn't be arsed with the effort of looking for someone who actually had the desire, drive, ability and track record to make our club do anything other than plummet hideously.

f**king disgrace.

What pisses me off is that we keep hearing TC being called the 'cheap' option.

Is he really on more than, say, Ian Murray would have been, had we recruited him? It's not like Tommy already had a two-year contract and we needed him to wind it down: likewise the two player-assistants.

It wasn't the cheap option, it was the lazy option. A board that simply couldn't be arsed with the effort of looking for someone who actually had the desire, drive, ability and track record to make our club do anything other than plummet hideously.

f**king disgrace.

Sorry to pee you off but it clearly was the cheap option.

Thomas Craig was already an employee of the club and as such Mr Craig would only have been given a slight wage increase when promoted to the role of manager. Likewise with Mr Teale and Mr Goodwin, both already employees of the club so an adjustment (if any) would have been made to the salaries collected by both gentlemen.

As such no new wages incurred by the club and as such the deal can be seen as the cheap option and as such I felt the need to point this out to you and as such I did.

This says it all about our ?manager?

Post match comments after yet another non scoring defeat.

But Craig said his players' performance has boosted his confidence as they gear up for Sunday's trip to Celtic Park.

"I can base my whole week on what the players gave me on Saturday," he said. "Not one shirked out, not one player did not want the ball and to that end, I was pleased."

I'm glad you were bluddy pleased Craig!bangin.gif

Not shirking out, making an effort, and 'showing a desire' etc should be a fcuking given - in any sporting team. That should be the bare minimum, soccer, ice hockey, rugby, whatever.

Trying to trumpet those (in a twenty minute second half spell?) as some sort of corner being turned is a joke.

I was on the computer at 9am sharp to get U2 tickets, I hoped the other thing happening at 9am today would be Tommy doing a Stuart McCall.

Edited by pozbaird

Sorry to pee you off but it clearly was the cheap option.

Thomas Craig was already an employee of the club and as such Mr Craig would only have been given a slight wage increase when promoted to the role of manager. Likewise with Mr Teale and Mr Goodwin, both already employees of the club so an adjustment (if any) would have been made to the salaries collected by both gentlemen.

As such no new wages incurred by the club and as such the deal can be seen as the cheap option and as such I felt the need to point this out to you and as such I did.

I beg to differ. Teale, Goodwin and Craig were all out of contract in the summer. All we had to do was not renew those contracts.

TC's daughter lives in London so while the player's are enjoying a christmas night out in Manchester he will be visiting his daughter in London not necessarily scouting for players as he claims.

I wonder if he is taking his white bit of paper with the 4 names on it with him, he can start waving it about in London.

I don't really think a two year deal is an absurdly long contract, I remember we had Tom Hendrie on a five year deal!

It is unusual for a manager to be so incompetent that he clearly has to be moved on so soon in to a contract however.

Moved on he will need to be though! Motherwell had about 60 serious applicants for the job, hopefully we will get rid of Tommy today, put Gary Teale in charge for the Celtic game and then have a new man in charge on the Monday. That Motherwell clash in two weeks is a real six pointer, we can't be going in to it with the current shambles of a set up.

Yes Well game is far more than a 6 pointer. They play County Sat, we play Tic. so regardless we are in shit, then we play Well if/When we lose that is say goodnight to SPFL. Our problem is simple, its not TC , its not his dreadful signings or lack of tactics, its the BOD, they have looked at cheap option for last 20 years but finally they have no Plan B. They cant pay off TC, cost them 90k, they then need a new manager, a decent one would be 100k, up and coming 60k, so that's 150k, then to stay up we need new players, that will cost. In all I reckon 250k might give us a fighting chance. Well will not be down with us, they have a plan, vision and some new funding, County have the ability to always do better after Jan, we get worse. We usually pick up our points now. This will be some turn around. TC has lost 13 times , 3 draws, and 3 wins, that's a 17% win rate, Danny never did worse than 31%, his best was 39%. You have to gpo back to 1990 to David Hay and the joke we were then. The BOD have put Saints in this position, they protect their money, no ambition, no plan, no reason to support.

Completely depressed with the whole situation.

Every Monday I find myself checking the forum and the sport websites in the hope of some anouncement of a managerial change.

I cannot afford a season ticket but I go along and support when time and money permits, however i have completely stopped going now. I am no longer willing to give money to the current regime. I do feel sorry for the season ticket holders who may feel like they would like to do something else with their Saturdays in the current form but have already payed their money.

Something has to change and soon, our support is currently being put in a shite position and unless a takeover is imminent the change needs to be the manager.

Yes Well game is far more than a 6 pointer. They play County Sat, we play Tic. so regardless we are in shit, then we play Well if/When we lose that is say goodnight to SPFL. Our problem is simple, its not TC , its not his dreadful signings or lack of tactics, its the BOD, they have looked at cheap option for last 20 years but finally they have no Plan B. They cant pay off TC, cost them 90k, they then need a new manager, a decent one would be 100k, up and coming 60k, so that's 150k, then to stay up we need new players, that will cost. In all I reckon 250k might give us a fighting chance. Well will not be down with us, they have a plan, vision and some new funding, County have the ability to always do better after Jan, we get worse. We usually pick up our points now. This will be some turn around. TC has lost 13 times , 3 draws, and 3 wins, that's a 17% win rate, Danny never did worse than 31%, his best was 39%. You have to gpo back to 1990 to David Hay and the joke we were then. The BOD have put Saints in this position, they protect their money, no ambition, no plan, no reason to support.

Leaving the cups to one side (since we have crashed out of both this season!), and simply for interest, here's how TC stacks up to DL in terms of the league so far (obviously TC has only been in charge for 15 games so the comparison is inconclusive).

League

Manager Season Position Points Won Drawn Lost Goal Diff Win% Draw% Lose% Points Gap to 6th

DL 2010/2011 11th 33 8 9 21 -24 21.1% 23.7% 55.3% 16

DL 2011/2012 8th 43 9 16 13 -12 23.7% 42.1% 34.2% 7

DL 2012/2013* 11th 41 9 14 15 -13 23.7% 36.8% 39.5% 6

DL 2013/2014** 8th 39 10 9 19 -19 26.3% 23.7% 50.0% 14

TC 2014/2015*** 11th 8 2 2 11 -16 13.3% 13.3% 73.3% 13

* No Rangers

** No Rangers / Hearts deducted 15 points

*** No Rangers / No Hearts / No Hibs

TC's stats speak for themselves, but what is more interesting (possibly) is that it could be argued that this is weakest top tier in a generation.