The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Top Cat and Oaksoft, please just let us know what the basis for your opinion is? Never mind Motherwell and County, just focus on us right now. We are a f**king disgrace aren't we? Or do you see something the rest of us don't? Serious question.

To be honest bud I'm getting sick of explaining myself.

Yes the team is poor.

Yes results are bad.

And Yes we may get relegated.

BUT I don't believe it helps to jump and and down, scream and make snap judgments.

Not one of you can guarantee that we'll go down if Tommy stays and not one of you can guarantee we'll stay up if he goes.

Add to that the fact that not one of you is going to put your own hand in your pocket to fund your demands to dump him.

In other words you are taking the easy way out - it's always someone else who will shoulder the risk.

We're not even at Christmas.

Tommy hasn't had a full season.

Therefore IMO he should be allowed time and judged ion the summer.

I don't buy the argument that he was in charge in all but name when Danny was here.

Nor do I buy that he was co-responsible for our form last season.

Nor do I give the slightest f**k what his record at Charleroi was.

That was YEARS ago and isn't relevant.

I know you WANT it to be relevant but it really isn't.

People need time in any job you, me, all of us.

So, in summary where do I stand?

We need to keep him for the time being - IMO for the whole season.

I hold that view because:-

a) I understand it's not me who would be paying for his dismissal.

b ) IMO 15 league games isn't anywhere near enough time.

c) Relegation is part and parcel of league sport. I think we best avoid it by supporting our manager, supporting our team, supporting our board of directors and turning up in sufficient numbers that we actually have money to get the better players we need to survive in the January sales. Right now fans are demanding the wrong thing at the wrong time in the wrong way. Right now we are looking at relegation because our attendances will bugger any chance of having spare cash for transfers or loans. As fans we should do our own job by doing what we can (turning up and funding the club) and leave the BOD to decide what to do with Tommy.

I hope that finally clears up where I'm coming from.

Edited by oaksoft

Oaksoft.As a matter of interest do you attend all matches hone and away? Were you one of the 73 at Inverness last week? Are you a shareholder? If so do you agree that Craig is an utter embarrassment as a manager given his futile attempts at answering questions from the floor. You say what you consider to be all the right things but the results prove this man's time is well and truly up.Moreover his signings team selections and tactics ate shocking.

Yes the team is poor.

Yes results are bad.

BUT I don't believe it helps to jump and and down, scream and make snap judgments.

Not one of you can guarantee that we'll go down if Tommy stays and not one of you can guarantee we'll stay up if he goes.

Add to that the fact that not one of you is going to put your own hand in your pocket to fund your demands to dump him.

In other words you are taking the easy way out - it's always someone else who will shoulder the risk.

I don't buy the argument that he was in charge in all but name when Danny was here.

c) Relegation is part and parcel of league sport. I think we best avoid it by supporting our manager, supporting our team, supporting our board of directors and turning up in sufficient numbers that we actually have money to get the better players we need to survive in the January sales. Right now fans are demanding the wrong thing at the wrong time in the wrong way. Right now we are looking at relegation because our attendances will bugger any chance of having spare cash for transfers or loans. As fans we should do our own job by doing what we can (turning up and funding the club) and leave the BOD to decide what to do with Tommy.

Ignore.

To be honest bud I'm getting sick of prattling on.

Yes the team is poor.

Yes results are bad.

It all started so well.

Yes the team is poor.

Yes results are bad.

Buy into the fact the football is the worst in a generation. There is no fight, the signings are horrendous and he built his team around a 36 year old for the premier league. Also buy into the fact that his tenure is now costing the club as the football is awful and fans are quite clearly staying away.

Buy into the fact the football is the worst in a generation. There is no fight, the signings are horrendous and he built his team around a 36 year old for the premier league. Also buy into the fact that his tenure is now costing the club as the football is awful and fans are quite clearly staying away.

No , wait . Youve got it all wrong ! You cant abandon hope now , you have to wait to see how it turns out. It will all be fine.

Said the Captain of the Titanic.

TC’s record is now worse than his record with Charleroi.

Carleroi P 19 W 3 D 3 L 13 F 16 A 32 GD (16) Clean Sheets 4 None Scored 11

St Mirren P 19 W 3 D 3 L 13 F 13 A 33 GD (20) Clean Sheets 0 None Scored 11

They binned him – Over to You Oh mighty BoD!!!!

Edited by Radar

Yes Well game is far more than a 6 pointer. They play County Sat, we play Tic. so regardless we are in shit, then we play Well if/When we lose that is say goodnight to SPFL. Our problem is simple, its not TC , its not his dreadful signings or lack of tactics, its the BOD, they have looked at cheap option for last 20 years but finally they have no Plan B. They cant pay off TC, cost them 90k, they then need a new manager, a decent one would be 100k, up and coming 60k, so that's 150k, then to stay up we need new players, that will cost. In all I reckon 250k might give us a fighting chance. Well will not be down with us, they have a plan, vision and some new funding, County have the ability to always do better after Jan, we get worse. We usually pick up our points now. This will be some turn around. TC has lost 13 times , 3 draws, and 3 wins, that's a 17% win rate, Danny never did worse than 31%, his best was 39%. You have to gpo back to 1990 to David Hay and the joke we were then. The BOD have put Saints in this position, they protect their money, no ambition, no plan, no reason to support.

bad as things are, is it really necessary to mix some sweeping generalisations with untruths? we picked up points and improved performances in January-May this year.

I'm all forgetting shot of TC, but let's keep it real

If he's here for the whole season, they'll be counting the crowds in hundreds rather than thousands. And when people stop going, they find other things to do.

If supporting St Mirren was a job, then I'd do just as you suggest. But people care about the club, and are unhappy when they, and many of their fellow supporters, believe that the club is being taken in the wrong direction. I think we're all 'dead passhunate' as you so condescendingly put it in another thread.

None of us expect St Mirren to win every week, or draw, or score, or keep a clean sheet. But failing to score in 6 out of 8 home games, losing 7 of them and not having kept a clean sheet all season, would seem like a poor return to most football fans. Still it'll all be better next week or the week after or at some point.......

If he's here for the whole season, they'll be counting the crowds in hundreds rather than thousands. And when people stop going, they find other things to do.

If supporting St Mirren was a job, then I'd do just as you suggest. But people care about the club, and are unhappy when they, and many of their fellow supporters, believe that the club is being taken in the wrong direction. I think we're all 'dead passhunate' as you so condescendingly put it in another thread.

None of us expect St Mirren to win every week, or draw, or score, or keep a clean sheet. But failing to score in 6 out of 8 home games, losing 7 of them and not having kept a clean sheet all season, would seem like a poor return to most football fans. Still it'll all be better next week or the week after or at some point.......

Are you Mrs Craig? Oakhill? IMHO, ur talking total pish. The fans pay his wages, the fans pay to watch their team, and the fans have the right to criticize, the product is woeful, it could be so much better and TC is the reason we are on 8 points

Yes the team is poor.

Yes results are bad.

And who's going to pay for his sacking in the summer? We'll be even less able to afford it then.