The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

I really want us to turn it round but for whatever reason you just get the feeling that it's just not there with our current squad. We need to get back to being hard to beat and build it from there. Its easy to blame Craig (and I'm not a fan) but there are also senior pros at the club who know the game and I'd hope would be having a say on where we are going wrong. Lets face it its not in Teale or Goodwin's interest for us to be performing so badly.

I really want us to turn it round but for whatever reason you just get the feeling that it's just not there with our current squad. We need to get back to being hard to beat and build it from there. Its easy to blame Craig (and I'm not a fan) but there are also senior pros at the club who know the game and I'd hope would be having a say on where we are going wrong. Lets face it its not in Teale or Goodwin's interest for us to be performing so badly.

We will NEVER be hard to beat with the CH's we have at our club circus. At the game v Motherwell it will be complete as we'll have a tent to go with the clowns!

but it's not just apathy is it ? we gave Tommy a 2 year deal, we can't afford to pay him off unless we put Goodwin and Teale in charge. I know if I asked if thats what we want as fans we'd all say no, we want an up and coming hungry manager / experienced old head etc. and we'd have a poll on here which would tell us that the preferred option was Pep Guardiola and the board should appoint him as soon as possible, but the reality is TC with Teale and Goodwin as coaches or Teale with Goodwin as assistant. It's easy to say now that giving tommy a 2 year deal was crazy but it's happened and we can't change it. I think we may well get relegated with TC but I also think we may well get relegated with teale and goodwin. I'm usually pretty upbeat but i just can't see a practical way out of this.

Everyone can see we are a sinking ship yet the board continue to bury there heads in the sand and hope for some miraculous recovery that isn't going to happen, the situation is going to get worse the longer they leave it.

We have got ourselves into a terrible mess indeed.

"Sinking Ship".... "Heads In The Sand"..? shiver me timbers cap'n are we set to flounder on the rocks off New Douglas Park?

Where's Dick the cabin Boy and Seaman Staines when you need them?

If it cost us a year and a half wages to pay him off then that’s maybe £150K? But if we are losing say 200 fans per game at £20 a head from now till the end of the season that’s nearly £50K. No cup run (which is likely with us out of one cup and facing a tough game in the other) will cost us a fair chunk as well, and if we finish 12th or 11th then surely that will be a loss in prize money, not sure what position they budget for. So it’s an investment the club need to take to prevent losing even more money.. and if we get relegated then it’s obviously a huge financial hit.

So even forgetting the footballing reasons.. he’s got to go now.

If it cost us a year and a half wages to pay him off then that’s maybe £150K? But if we are losing say 200 fans per game at £20 a head from now till the end of the season that’s nearly £50K. No cup run (which is likely with us out of one cup and facing a tough game in the other) will cost us a fair chunk as well, and if we finish 12th or 11th then surely that will be a loss in prize money, not sure what position they budget for. So it’s an investment the club need to take to prevent losing even more money.. and if we get relegated then it’s obviously a huge financial hit.

Its so bad i've even been offering friends my season tickets ( i know your not supposed to) and they dont want them , its a bad day when a Paisley man knocks back a freebie.

We still have the weekend. It is a somewhat sad day when our beloved Paisley heroes are travelling to Hamilton and yet we are not expected to win. A win at the weekend is not enough, Tommy the manager man needs to put together not just a couple of results but a run as our team need to be lifted out of this rut.

I am normally a spritely auld chap but even I do not see any result's changing soon. Yes indeedy fellow foorum user's confidence is low.

so were 100k down paying off TC except we've still to pay a new management team for 18 months on top of that plus a package deal for Teale and Goodwin or have them upset the dresssing room - it just aint going to happen

"Sinking Ship".... "Heads In The Sand"..? shiver me timbers cap'n are we set to flounder on the rocks off New Douglas Park?

Where's Dick the cabin Boy and Seaman Staines when you need them?

I think you'll find them being Jolly Rogered .................most things St Mirren are taking it up the out door these days. Ooooooerrrr, point is , nobody can suggest they did not see this coming. Dare I suggest, something mast change.......................we've had all the shots across the bows we can take, full sail required, but I cannot see owt but stormy waters and a big whirlpool now.........................even a mutiny now and a walk on the plank is too late.

The Admiralty have decided..............the fleet is lost at sea

so were 100k down paying off TC except we've still to pay a new management team for 18 months on top of that plus a package deal for Teale and Goodwin or have them upset the dresssing room - it just aint going to happen

Well no, your clearly never read the whole post.. 50K loss on home game tickets sales (and thats conservative, most likely will be more than a drop of 200 poeple if the current home form continues). Being knocked out early in both cups would cost at least 50K.. and a low league position would cost at least 50K as well. Obviously I'm guessing at numbers here but my point is that we need to bite the bullet and just pay the money or we'll lose more in the long run anyway.

And paying a new manager wouldn't cost extra money on top of paying off TC as we have budgeted for a managers wages for the year.

Well no, your clearly never read the whole post.. 50K loss on home game tickets sales (and thats conservative, most likely will be more than a drop of 200 poeple if the current home form continues). Being knocked out early in both cups would cost at least 50K.. and a low league position would cost at least 50K as well. Obviously I'm guessing at numbers here but my point is that we need to bite the bullet and just pay the money or we'll lose more in the long run anyway.

And paying a new manager wouldn't cost extra money on top of paying off TC as we have budgeted for a managers wages for the year.

I'm not arguing with your logic but we would still have to pay off Teale and Goodwin or put them in charge neither of which will appeal to the bod. A new manager would probably have January signing targets (more money). A new manager wouldn't get us a league cup run as it´so too late and if ITC play to form a new manager isn't going to get us a scottish cup run either. So, much as I would like to see a new man in charge, I just don't think it's going to happen. Much as it's embarrassing to have season ticket holders stay away it doesn't hurt the bod financially, so it really would need a very sharp decline in the pay at the door fans before they´re even consider sacking the current incumbents. I'd hope Xmas if nothing improves but it wouldn´t surprise me if it was the split, and even more likely if it was not at all.

How do you know that ?