The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

I'm not arguing with your logic but we would still have to pay off Teale and Goodwin or put them in charge neither of which will appeal to the bod. A new manager would probably have January signing targets (more money). A new manager wouldn't get us a league cup run as it´so too late and if ITC play to form a new manager isn't going to get us a scottish cup run either. So, much as I would like to see a new man in charge, I just don't think it's going to happen. Much as it's embarrassing to have season ticket holders stay away it doesn't hurt the bod financially, so it really would need a very sharp decline in the pay at the door fans before they´re even consider sacking the current incumbents. I'd hope Xmas if nothing improves but it wouldn´t surprise me if it was the split, and even more likely if it was not at all.

I was assuming they would just keep Teale and Goodwin on as coaches/assistants/whatever they do. I actually agree it won't happen but it should.

I did.

Not sure what you mean, we obiously budget the "managers wages".. if we pay off TC's contract then thats an unbudgeted lump sum.. then bring in a new manager who recevies the budgeted "manager wages".

if we pay off TC's contract then thats an unbudgeted lump sum.. then bring in a new manager who recevies the budgeted "manager wages".[/color][/font][/size]

Doubt it would be a lump sum. He would just continue to be paid his wage. Derek Adams and Terry Butcher are both still on the payroll of their former clubs and I think this happened when Gus left too.

With that arrangement you can afford a sacking but other budgets would take the hit for however long they are paid after going.

Doubt it would be a lump sum. He would just continue to be paid his wage. Derek Adams and Terry Butcher are both still on the payroll of their former clubs and I think this happened when Gus left too.

With that arrangement you can afford a sacking but other budgets would take the hit for however long they are paid after going.

Did Gus not come to the end of his contract like Danny did?

His interviews get worse and worse, he's clearly not the full shilling if he thinks it's just scoring goals that's the problem.

Do us all a favour and chuck it Tommy please, your turning us into a laughing stock.

Ach FFS get a grip man. Losing isn't fun but allowing it to affect you like this is not good news.

And you're doing everyone's head in with this constant wallowing in self pity.

I never bother reading past who's fit & who's not in the papers, 99% of the time managers & players just speak in clichés about how the squad's a good bunch of guys, that spirit is good at training, just need a break, etc - the guy's (TC in this instance) gotta talk the talk, I'm sure he now realises that we have problems at both ends of the park, after all we're regularly reminded that the management/players read this site (more fool them). whistling.gif

Looking at the wider picture as I've said previously I don't see TC resigning and given our money worries we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Having said that I remember SG saying Tom Hendrie's job was the safest in Scottish football as we couldn't afford to sack him just before that ICT game, perhaps I'm in the minority but do we really want that sorta humiliation?

As ever I try to remember that it's always been a bumpy ride, being a Saints supporter, and will hope for a change in our current fortunes...............

Edited by Bud the Baker

Tommy Craig's comments in today's PDE are pathetic he claims critics who say he is blaming injuries on the poor form to them he says "I think it's naughty".

It's the same drivel he comes out with every single week, excuse after excuse.

A defeat tomorrow and he has got to go immediately, we could be bottom of the league tomorrow night with a trenchant buffon still as manager.

Tommy Craig's comments in today's PDE are pathetic he claims critics who say he is blaming injuries on the poor form to them he says "I think it's naughty".

It's the same drivel he comes out with every single week, excuse after excuse.

A defeat tomorrow and he has got to go immediately, we could be bottom of the league tomorrow night with a trenchant buffon still as manager.

I would take Buffon as our new manager. Could still do a job between the sticks.