The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Penny pinching? We spend what we have, would you rather we got ourselves into debt?

It's easy to ask for the manager to go now. He won't though, so we can either accept this and get behind him till Christmas or waste energy on asking for him to leave.

j Lex wake up. No one in the middle today. Best player substituted we are going down already 13 points behind Hamilton

He shouldn't have been given a 2 year deal in the first place

Whether he should have been appointed and the length of his contract are beside the point. The merits of his appointment should be discussed and evaluated when he leaves.

The fact is he is our manager now and almost certainly will be for the rest of this calendar year. As fans we have the choice of either backing him and the team till then, or turning against them.

The latter certainly won't help anyone, least of all the club, so I hope most fans pick the former.

j Lex wake up. No one in the middle today. Best player substituted we are going down already 13 points behind Hamilton

No one in the middle? We had Goodwin and Osbourne in the middle, both of whom had decent games I felt.

13 points is nothing at this stage in the season. How many points were we behind Hibs last October? I've not checked, but I suspect it was around 13 if not more.

There's 99 points to play for, to suggest we are going down at this stage is sheer madness, especially when we aren't even bottom!

Whether he should have been appointed and the length of his contract are beside the point. The merits of his appointment should be discussed and evaluated when he leaves.

The fact is he is our manager now and almost certainly will be for the rest of this calendar year. As fans we have the choice of either backing him and the team till then, or turning against them.

The latter certainly won't help anyone, least of all the club, so I hope most fans pick the former.

C'mon, Lex, mate. Open your eyes.

This simply cannot go on 'til the New Year. By then, it could simply be a formality that we'll be down. They can't sell the club in the Premiership, what chance will they have in the Championship? You say they can't afford to bag him....I reckon they can't afford to keep him on two fronts, certain relegation and the fact that the crowds are going to take a massive cut until he's not there.

What about the players in all this. Our blue chip players have hardly kicked a ball, our central defence is missing a genuine and decent centre half and confidence is low. Our equaliser should have spurred us on but we have no additional gear.

The bottom line is that Partick, Hamilton and Dundee all have young decent nanagers all learning their trade. They have also brought in decent players too. We frankly are not as good as some think we are and are managed by a nice man who has never really managed for any length of time.

The BOD saw something in TC but rather than having a proper clear out they chose a man who was part of the problem in not renewing DLs contract. The most he should have got was a 1 year (if at all). The club has made its bed and there is nothing we can do other than hope and pray we can find a result and some form. If not, then we reap what we sow and begin rebuilding when a change of ownership or manager is made. Sadly, piss poor form is likely to scare off any prospective buyer when we are heading for lower league football.

Penny pinching? We spend what we have, would you rather we got ourselves into debt?

It's easy to ask for the manager to go now. He won't

though, so we can either accept this and get behind him till Christmas or waste energy on asking for him to leave.

sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. How much is every league position worth

C'mon, Lex, mate. Open your eyes.

This simply cannot go on 'til the New Year. By then, it could simply be a formality that we'll be down. They can't sell the club in the Premiership, what chance will they have in the Championship? You say they can't afford to bag him....I reckon they can't afford to keep him on two fronts, certain relegation and the fact that the crowds are going to take a massive cut until he's not there.

I never said they couldn't afford to bag him, I just know they won't. Our board has a track record of standing by managers, there were far stronger cases to sack Danny at numerous points in his tenure and they stood by him. They stood by Hendrie for too long and Gus when vast sections of our support were calling for his head.

There's absolutely no way they will sack a new manager before Christmas in his first season, zilch, and even if they do sack him in January it will only be if we are cut adrift.

I also wouldn't say we are certainly getting relegated, we aren't bottom and only 1 team is automatically relegated! As I've said elsewhere, Roas County were 11th in February 2 years ago, and finished in the top 6. Nothing is even close to being decided beforeJanuary.

No one in the middle? We had Goodwin and Osbourne in the middle, both of whom had decent games I felt.

13 points is nothing at this stage in the season. How many points were we behind Hibs last October? I've not checked, but I suspect it was around 13 if not more.

There's 99 points to play for, to suggest we are going down at this stage is sheer madness, especially when we aren't even bottom!

Stop talking pish.

So you think we should get ourselves in debt?

Teams that operate on a tight budget can't keep making poor decisions as it ends up costing in the long run. So predictable McGowan and Harkins are doing well at Dundee. It's decisions from the top and a duff management team that mean we have to tighten our belt even more.

Teams that operate on a tight budget can't keep making poor decisions as it ends up costing in the long run. So predictable McGowan and Harkins are doing well at Dundee. It's decisions from the top and a duff management team that mean we have to tighten our belt even more.

Did you not say Harkins was a 1st division player yet he is scoring in the premier league?

Is there a slight possibility you talk shite?

And Ross County went on an amazing run and won something like 8 games on the trot, when was the last time we won even 3 games on the trot, I will be amazed if we are not in the championship next season.

Gus was still in charge and we played at Love Street when we last won 3 in a row.

TC has to be bagged. Not a manager, horrendous record as one at other clubs. We deserve better.

I said when he was appointed - if the guy who brought you to a club is sacked - you go with him.

You don't hang about like a bad smell - and the Board of Directors have a lot to answer for over his appointment.

I wasn't there today as I am down South on business , but I will be there on Friday.

If things don't go well - I think TC will get the message due to the close proximity of the dugouts to the away fans.

Thank God Ross Co are shite - but they can't be shite for long.

I said when he was appointed - if the guy who brought you to a club is sacked - you go with him.

You don't hang about like a bad smell - and the Board of Directors have a lot to answer for over his appointment.

Tommy Craig has a history of this though. Think he seen 3 celtic managers, and hung around after Collins at Hibs and Le Chaleroi.

Hes not cut out for it. That should be clear. It was a dreadful/lazy/cheap appointment and was always going fail.

When managers go on bad runs fans tend to lose patience quickly and want a change. Directors tend to stick it out and are often vindicated. Danny Lennon lost 6 league games on the trot just months before winning the League Cup. All managers/teams suffer sticky spells and blips.

This is different, though. This is a new management team showing no sign that they have the ability to do the job properly. There may be mitigating factors - you suspect TC's transfer budget was buttons - but any new, untested manager who loses his first five games clearly isnt capable of doing the job.