The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

I expect around 1,000 at the cup game next week.

And I won't be one of them, I haven't missed a home game through choice in my entire life. This is a first.

Exact same feelings. There was no 'management' of the team today, it was stick 11 players on the park and hope for the best. Tommy has got to go.

As I said in another thread.............

The blame lies with the Board of Directors,not the Manager.

Completely agree, TC is doing his best. The fact that he doesn't have it is not his fault. He is a really nice man that is being asked to do something he isn't capable of.

Total utter pish again today wasted another 32 quid to get in the usual pie etc

Why the shooting practice we create f**k Sll so how can we take chances then when 3 nil down we create Abd miss sitters f**king waste if time it can't go on

No one forced you to eat a pie!

A bit off topic but this always ticks me off, the way football fans always seem to be forced to buy programmes, pies and have children just so they can moan about the cost.

Can any body explain.

Tommy craig as assistant did all the shouting sbd stood on touch line now tommy us manager he does what danny used to do Abd sit on his hole for whole match Abd teale who is wasting energy as a potential sub does all the shouting makes no f**king sense

i wish i could explain , but not much of this is making sense to me

I just can't see the board doing anything until the till receipts are down, if fans want to affect change then that's the only way.

Time for action. I like Tommy as a man, I think he's a good coach, but it's over.

For me it's not about people not being true fans when they stay away or vent frustrations because exactly how long do the fans who say be patient require people to do so? There must be a point when even they fade! Christmas? End Jan? When.....?

That starting 11 today was effectively a manager putting his hands up and admitting he made an arse of the summer transfer window.

Anyone fancy trusting him with another transfer window given that staying up probably depends on getting it right?

I just can't see the board doing anything until the till receipts are down, if fans want to affect change then that's the only way.

Time for action. I like Tommy as a man, I think he's a good coach, but it's over.

For me it's not about people not being true fans when they stay away or vent frustrations because exactly how long do the fans who say be patient require people to do so? There must be a point when even they fade! Christmas? End Jan? When.....?

They already have been for the last couple of seasons, that's why we're in the state we're in.

I've thought long and hard before posting here about the subject, but I do think my thoughts are now relevant.

I played in 2013 in the Saints for a Day game on the away side which was coached by Tommy. I have to be honest and say that whilst he came across as a gentleman, as a coach (and this is purely my personal opinion), I was shocked to discover that on the day he seemed completely clueless and disinterested. There were honestly so many basics he didn't cover it was scary.

Now of course these games are not exactly league football, but at the same time, each side collectively is probably donating £2,500 - £3,500 to the club, and so for the coach to not at least treat it a little seriously is at the least quite disrespectful, and verging on unprofessional in my opinion.

It's pretty bad to me that having played under around 6-7 head coaches through School, University etc. including playing under Billy Davies, that playing under Tommy for that one game was the worst footballing experience of my life.

Take from it what you will, I'm just sharing my personal opinion that I was left bitterly disappointed with the experience.

In contrast, playing this year under David Longwell was an absolutely fantastic experience, and he knew what he was doing. Absolute respect for him, and it felt like a two way street.