The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

As much as I want him to go, if I was Tommy, I'd be staying in the job as long as possible.

Hes 64. He won't get another job & he'll want a payoff.

The board need to fire him or put him on gardening leave. Unfortunately I have no faith they'd do either.

Edited by JM1

As much as I want him to go, if I was Tommy, I'd be staying in the job as long as possible.

Hes 64. He won't get another job & he'll want a payoff.

The board need to fire him or put him on gardening leave. Unfortunately I have no faith they'd do either.

I think that`s it.

I just can`t see him walking , and as some have eluded to , perhaps they think it should be a decision for these elusive `new owners` who will not be contractually obliged to keep him on as the agreement was`nt with them ?

Agreed, no matter how disgruntled you get it should never get personal. TC is doing his best we should respect that.

If I was as abysmal at my job I'd be fired with no compensation whatsoever. But then, if I'd been that bad at my previous role in the same position then I wouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

SG has stated we're, from a budget viewpoint, 1 squad slot down from last season. If that's the case, the lack of quality brought in by TC is unbelievable. We did not need a left back, we did not need three strikers who can't play the position. Relying on ST at his age and Goodwin, with his track record, was a joke. None of that is hindsight or whatever. We needed one centre back, we needed a strong central midfielder and one quality striker...even a lower Scottish league one who had hit double figures more than once. We had young strikers and released them all, signed Yaqub and immediately went after Tess, brought up Hughes and loaned him out.

I respect he's doing his best, but I don't respect him and it's as simple as that.

If I was as abysmal at my job I'd be fired with no compensation whatsoever. But then, if I'd been that bad at my previous role in the same position then I wouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

SG has stated we're, from a budget viewpoint, 1 squad slot down from last season. If that's the case, the lack of quality brought in by TC is unbelievable. We did not need a left back, we did not need three strikers who can't play the position. Relying on ST at his age and Goodwin, with his track record, was a joke. None of that is hindsight or whatever. We needed one centre back, we needed a strong central midfielder and one quality striker...even a lower Scottish league one who had hit double figures more than once. We had young strikers and released them all, signed Yaqub and immediately went after Tess, brought up Hughes and loaned him out.

I respect he's doing his best, but I don't respect him and it's as simple as that.

If you we're given a two year contract then your company would need to honour it unless you were in breech of your contract. It's not TCs fault he was given a two year contract. He should never have been given the job in the first place. Edited by Kendo

Cannot believe his interview on sportscene

Was asked did he have anything to say to st mirren fans who travelled through he said nothing

f**king scum ball paid nearly 50 quid for that yesterday. At least an apology. Even danny Lennon would have had decency to apologise.

f**k off tommy

His actions speak of Show me the money

A 2 year deal what was the BOD thinking of

Todays Scottish Sun saying that "TC will be given time by the board to turn things around"

I have for a long time been a constant optimist when it comes to Saints and always gave us the benefit of the doubt that we would get a result or start to pick up points but i have now completely lost this.

He has had his chance. Get rid of him.

As has been said, he's not up to the job and needs to go asap. I'm not particularly comfortable typing that, but it's as a clear as day that there needs to be a change from a footballing point of view. The BoD have a decision to make and the timing of it will be important. He's going to go at some point, whether it be today, this week, next week or next month. If the BoD leave it for a while, all they are going to do is to stoke up anger and resentment amongst the fans.

Against my better judgement, I was there on Saturday and it really was depressing. All the signs of an unhappy, unmotivated squad are there and plain to see. It is scarily reminiscent of the Coughlin era. Hamilton will have much less of player budget than us, yet you can see they are well coached and well drilled. If Tommy's main strength is coaching, why do we look like a team that has no obvious shape or pre-determined pattern of play? It all looks so aimless and smacks of a team that is hoping that something happens without having any idea of how to make things happen.

Playing Baird & Mallan was either brave or desperate, and it proved to be the latter. Both boys are blameless, as they were put into a struggling team, playing away from home. I'm puzzled that youngsters like Williams & Brown are on the bench most weeks, but when he decides to start two youngsters, he picks a different two!? It would be natural for Williams & Brown (and he rest of the squad) to be wondering what happened there.

It's a wee thing, but I thought it spoke volumes about the mood amongst some of the players on Saturday. I think we're all well used to players mucking about at half time, while the other team goes through some sort of organised warm up. On Saturday, the three youngsters half heartedly kicked the ball about amongst themselves, Ball & Marwood came out later and passed the ball for a couple of minutes, then Marwood went and sat in the dugout and spoke to Kello. The whole feeling was that none of them could really bothered, and that's the atmosphere that is pervading the club at the moment.

Mr Gilmour must be regretting his 'knicker wetters' comment earlier in the season. That, and Tommy's "nothing" comment, send a message that the fans should turn up, pay their money and get on with it. Like an increasing number of others, I don't think that's remotely good enough anymore.