The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

I think its fair to say that there's a lot more going on than meets the eye. Is McGinn out till the NY ? Is Osbourne still unfit ? Will Plummer play for us again , or does he want to return to Manchester , or has he already gone back ? Why were some players supposedly close to fitness weeks ago , yet they're still out ?

There must be answers to these theories that were flying about on Saturday , but will we ever know the full story ?

I think its fair to say that there's a lot more going on than meets the eye. Is McGinn out till the NY ? Is Osbourne still unfit ? Will Plummer play for us again , or does he want to return to Manchester , or has he already gone back ? Why were some players supposedly close to fitness weeks ago , yet they're still out ?

There must be answers to these theories that were flying about on Saturday , but will we ever know the full story ?

here's a question billy, when did craig and DL get together, was it only when they were given their jobs for us that they knew they were a team, is someone at the club a better pal of craig than of danny ? why else did he get a 2 year deal when he was part and parcel of the previous seasons pairing which was deemed to be not good enough, why did he get a 2 year deal when he himself stated he thought he was being called in to be sacked - a story which i now tend to disbelieve - i think he's too pally with someone, and won't leave because he's no chance of another gig, and won't give up his salary, the club don't have the cash to sack him and pay someone else, as you say there's more to this than meets the eye.

Billyg. Your comments are spot on. Listened to the interview again on BBC Radio this evening and the manager just underlined his non-management qualities.He says nothing to the fans silence from The Board is deafening. I watched the match from Firhill yesterday poor poor stuff. This is the worst top league in years meanwhile my beloved Football Club is going down the pan quicker than you can wipe your backside.

Progress......does it scare the BoD?

in DL's last 2 seasons as manager....

2013 - 2014 achieved our highest position in this league

2012 - 2013 won the league cup for the first time in our history

and DL was always courteous in interview's and loved the ST.MIRREN support

we seem to sack our winners and keep the losers

Progress......does it scare the BoD?

in DL's last 2 seasons as manager....

2013 - 2014 achieved our highest position in this league

2012 - 2013 won the league cup for the first time in our history

and DL was always courteous in interview's and loved the ST.MIRREN support

we seem to sack our winners and keep the losers

Different debate but it was time for Lennon to go IF as we all expected he was to be replaced by someone to take us forward.

Since Craig was appointed I'd have rather kept Lennon, at least he knew how to keep us up, I fear Craig doesn't have the wherewithal to achieve this.

Maybe, just maybe, TC had nothing to say to the St Mirren support because he doesn't realise he's managing us. He evidently thinks that Hurst, Ball, Moore, Peters, Stiles and Greaves are all waiting to return to the team. At which point, we'll return to the form he knows...f**king imagined more like...we can show.

Interesting on BBC sport sound that while Billy Stark tried to defend TC re injuries Michael Stewart clearly stated what we have all been asking "why appoint TC who was DL's assistant? He also stated it was a strange appointment while referring to Tommy's statements about not scoring when the team lost 3 goals during Dundee Utd game (horrendous goals according to Stewart) and saying " surely you begin by sorting the defence out and making yourself hard to beat" "if you cannot defend and can't score then you have no chance". The guy talks sense imo.

Never posted before, always just read, but I do know Plummer wants to play, he is still recovering from his injury but feels ready. He is being held back by the Physio, not sure whether that is City or us, but he loves it at St Mirren, that I do know.

Billyg. Your comments are spot on. Listened to the interview again on BBC Radio this evening and the manager just underlined his non-management qualities.He says nothing to the fans silence from The Board is deafening. I watched the match from Firhill yesterday poor poor stuff. This is the worst top league in years meanwhile my beloved Football Club is going down the pan quicker than you can wipe your backside.

Try telling that to Hamilton and Dundee.

"A lot of St Mirren fans are questioning if you're the man to lead them out of this situation. What would you say to them?"

"Nothing"

"Nothing at all?

"Nothing at all."

Follows on from the team selection on Saturday which had a definite air of "don't give a shit" about it.

The AGM will certainly be interesting.

here's a question billy, when did craig and DL get together, was it only when they were given their jobs for us that they knew they were a team, is someone at the club a better pal of craig than of danny ? why else did he get a 2 year deal when he was part and parcel of the previous seasons pairing which was deemed to be not good enough, why did he get a 2 year deal when he himself stated he thought he was being called in to be sacked - a story which i now tend to disbelieve - i think he's too pally with someone, and won't leave because he's no chance of another gig, and won't give up his salary, the club don't have the cash to sack him and pay someone else, as you say there's more to this than meets the eye.

Couldn't agree more - he was part of the problem (maybe even all of the problem if he was spending his time preparing to stab Danny in the back instead of using his 'experience' being a mentor for him) last year, so how the hell can he be part of the solution this year - there must be strings being pulled somewhere. Danny had given it his best shot but had to go for his own good but he should have held the door open for this lamentable excuse of a coach to follow him.

Couldn't agree more - he was part of the problem (maybe even all of the problem if he was spending his time preparing to stab Danny in the back instead of using his 'experience' being a mentor for him) last year, so how the hell can he be part of the solution this year - there must be strings being pulled somewhere. Danny had given it his best shot but had to go for his own good but he should have held the door open for this lamentable excuse of a coach to follow him.

I agree , it was time for Danny to move on , his tenure came to a natural end.

He was very dignified , spoke well of the club and the fans. Danny 'opened the club' to the fans with his open training session / fan days, brought us a trophy , a decent league finish and we witnessed some great football at times. Danny Lennon will always be well regarded at our club I hope , bear in mind he kept his dignity upon his exit also.

The point I fully agree with is that Tommy should have cleared his desk the same day.As many of you have said , Tommy getting the job is bad enough , but 2 years ffs !

Really hope he is gone soon.

Those of you who think the AGM will be interesting better brace themselves for the usual Stewart Gilmour shutters up routine. He will come up with the same well trodden lines that he has used too many times in the past :- "we're going to give him time", "he deserves our support", "we can't judge him with the amount of injuries", "we can't afford to sack him", "we have full belief in him".

Utter bloody bullshit!