The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Personally I'd be happy for TC to be given another 3 games to turn it around. I genuinely think we've been unlucky, not had the ball drop to us, not had the rub of the green at times. BUT - a point comes when you have to make your own luck. Six points from the next nine is necessary to avoid being completely adrift. If that's achieved then we build on it. If not, I'm sorry but there is no argument that can be made for him remaining in charge.

I never said they couldn't afford to bag him, I just know they won't. Our board has a track record of standing by managers, there were far stronger cases to sack Danny at numerous points in his tenure and they stood by him. They stood by Hendrie for too long and Gus when vast sections of our support were calling for his head.

There's absolutely no way they will sack a new manager before Christmas in his first season, zilch, and even if they do sack him in January it will only be if we are cut adrift.

Our current board sacked Fitzpatrick, Hendrie & Coughlin in the first half of a season. Hendrie was away pretty early on if I remember correctly.

To say our board have a track record of standing by managers ain't true.

They could hardly sack Gus. His last season saw us reach our first major final in 23 years, finish in our highest league position for nearly 20 years and achieve our biggest league win over Celtic in over 100 years... and from a starting position of a 3rd successive battle against relegation!

As for Lennon, as much as I didn't rate him, he won our first major trophy in 26 years and got us to a league finish no other Saints manager has achieved in 20 odd years (albeit it was only 2 places up on Gus who did all the donkey work from the lower reaches of the First Division).

Tommy Craig? He's a 63 year old with hardly any track record as a manager and what track record he does have is dreadful. He's achieved 5 straight defeats in the league bagging a single goal and delivered our worst start to a season on our entire history.

Craig is a joke figure. He's a completely clueless clown and really hasn't got a clue what he is doing.

As for not affording to bag him... just put him on garden leave. Out Thompson, Goodwin or Teale in charge. Put my next door neighbours dog in charge. It really doesn't matter... nobody could be any worse than Tommy Craig!

What about the players in all this. Our blue chip players have hardly kicked a ball, our central defence is missing a genuine and decent centre half and confidence is low. Our equaliser should have spurred us on but we have no additional gear.

The bottom line is that Partick, Hamilton and Dundee all have young decent nanagers all learning their trade. They have also brought in decent players too. We frankly are not as good as some think we are and are managed by a nice man who has never really managed for any length of time.

The BOD saw something in TC but rather than having a proper clear out they chose a man who was part of the problem in not renewing DLs contract. The most he should have got was a 1 year (if at all). The club has made its bed and there is nothing we can do other than hope and pray we can find a result and some form. If not, then we reap what we sow and begin rebuilding when a change of ownership or manager is made. Sadly, piss poor form is likely to scare off any prospective buyer when we are heading for lower league football.

You backed the appointment of Craig and abused anyone who dared suggest it was a mistake.

Your bed is made so you can go and lie in it!

Clown!

Craig shouldn't be given much more time, he was part of a management team that was deemed needed 'freshened' up, and since then we have went backwards.

His record already speaks for itself, it's not good enough to stay above the relegation playoff never mind building on last years finish.

I really hope we don't promote from within again, nobody at the club seems to have a grasp on tactical decisions this season. If any of Thompson, Teale or Goodwin where to be put in charge I foresee a Gerry Britton/Derek Whyte esque shambles.

You backed the appointment of Craig and abused anyone who dared suggest it was a mistake.

Your bed is made so you can go and lie in it!

Clown!

Broken record. I did not back the appointment. I have already stated on this forum that as the BOD had appointed him then I would support the team as I have for over 45 years. Why is there a need to refer to me as a clown? I don't hide behind a keyboard using aliases like you do and guess it makes you feel smug to insult fellow Saints because they don't agree with you. Must give you some satisfaction to be so clever eh?

I asked you before to show me evidence that I abused people but you failed to do that. Let me ask you again. It is one thing having a bit of banter but accusing me of abusing others is personal mate.

Edited by nedflanders123

Just looked at the league table and saw Hamilton have won 4 games already, I then looked back at our win record since we came back up. In 2 seasons we won 10 games the rest were 9 and 8 games. Now if anyone feels that we are not in the deep stuff already, then take your head out the clouds. No way Aberdeen and Motherwell will be down the bottom end come the seasons end, so that leaves the usual suspects killie thistle us Hamilton and Dundee,

Well Hamilton have a 13 point lead so far killie and Dundee have 10 point lead. Thistle have 7 so far and who will argue it won't be 10 by next sat morning. Ok people will say county are bad etc fair enough but no one wants 2nd bottom this year, not with rangers/hearts/hibs waiting.

Sorry for the long winded post but please tommy either leave or be sacked this week so my club still has a glimmer of hope

Edited by linwood bud

The board have f**ked up big style, Stewart Gilmour has made a rip roaring c**t of it.

Said that way before the season started and all I got was people on here telling me to shut up! Cheap option as always and this time it's coming back to bite them. We didn't sack Danny because of results we sacked him to cut the wage bill

Said that way before the season started and all I got was people on here telling me to shut up! Cheap option as always and this time it's coming back to bite them. We didn't sack Danny because of results we sacked him to cut the wage bill

Danny was not sacked. His contract expired and he was not offered a new one. I think it was time for a change. Time will tell whether it has been a change for the better.

I would not be unhappy to see Tommy leave St Mirren.

If he had only just arrived 5 games ago , then I'd think it would be too early to judge.

Tommy however has been influencing the team for a good while before that and had basically run out of ideas.

It's quite simply not working , and is not going to change that much to correct how things are at the moment.

It Tommy went would we be stuck with Teale and Goodwin as its another cheap option?

Not looking good for st mirren as I can see that happening.

Of course that's what would happen. Our board are not going to go out and pay another manager a decent wage to come to us. They'll stick with what's there and probably promote thommo to a coach which seems to have been the long term plan anyway. 3 player/coaches, disaster waiting to happen imo

Feedback I get is TC training isn't like last season. Everyone says he was in charged last season but I hear training is "old school". Players aren't really buying into it.

They must be getting hammered then

Surprised considering Teale and Goodwin have had international experience

Sounds the players are making excuses as we are gifting goals away by basic errors

Danny was not sacked. His contract expired and he was not offered a new one. I think it was time for a change. Time will tell whether it has been a change for the better.

He was let go because he wasted a lot of money by paying off players early in their contracts

That's why we have the standard of player this season

That's why Gilmour went on National radio saying he hoped McLean would move on

The 'it'll be okay next week' line is wearing thin now.

How many more defeats is acceptable ( within this run ) is it ok not to win in September ?

Should we not win in this month , do we say ' Uch it'll be okay in October ' ?

Just to catch Hamilton we need to do what Hearts almost done , wipe out a big deficit.

Of course we only need to be above 2 , but yet again as 1 other team is on a poor run it seems to be giving us a lifeline.

I think we have ride our luck over recent seasons , it has to run out at some point , is it this season ?

Our current board sacked Fitzpatrick, Hendrie & Coughlin in the first half of a season. Hendrie was away pretty early on if I remember correctly.

To say our board have a track record of standing by managers ain't true.

They could hardly sack Gus. His last season saw us reach our first major final in 23 years, finish in our highest league position for nearly 20 years and achieve our biggest league win over Celtic in over 100 years... and from a starting position of a 3rd successive battle against relegation!

As for Lennon, as much as I didn't rate him, he won our first major trophy in 26 years and got us to a league finish no other Saints manager has achieved in 20 odd years (albeit it was only 2 places up on Gus who did all the donkey work from the lower reaches of the First Division).

Tommy Craig? He's a 63 year old with hardly any track record as a manager and what track record he does have is dreadful. He's achieved 5 straight defeats in the league bagging a single goal and delivered our worst start to a season on our entire history.

Craig is a joke figure. He's a completely clueless clown and really hasn't got a clue what he is doing.

As for not affording to bag him... just put him on garden leave. Out Thompson, Goodwin or Teale in charge. Put my next door neighbours dog in charge. It really doesn't matter... nobody could be any worse than Tommy Craig!

You're missing the point again. Yes these managers were sacked before Christmas, but none of them were in their first season, so it's a completely meaningless comparison.

The shortest managerial tenure of any manager under our current BoD is John Coughlin. He arrived in December and left in November, 11 months and 2 transfer windows.

This board will not simply not make a knee jerk reaction before Christmas. You say we couldn't sack Danny because of the cup win, what about the 2 seasons before the cup win?

His first season we were awful, we lost to a lower league team in the league cup and were very close to relegation. His second season we lost at home to a part time team in the league cup and struggled for long periods of the league campaign. Last season the majority of fans on this forum wanted him out on February and several had written us off as relegation 'certainties'. Yet the board stuck by him, and were proven right.

The only way Tommy won't be here on Christmas Day is if he resigns, and I'm pretty sure he won't do that. As for worst start in our history, if we draw on Friday we will have had a better start than last season.