The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Board meeting should be over in five minutes....

'Time to cut our losses and sack the useless fud'.

'Aye, but it'll cost us £100,000, how can we afford that?'

'Put the asking price up to £2,100,000'.

'Good thinking'.

'Right, anyone keep those fifty applications fae' the last time?'

Coffee time.

My thinking is that this gives us time to get the appointment right. Could appoint someone on the Monday after the gubbing, gives us a week to interview etc and gives the new gaffer a full week training with his new team.

Best punted now, caretaker gaffer for the next week. A new manager in time for the transfer window opening.

How about we come to an agreement that tommy steps back into the assistant role and thommo is promoted to manager? That way there's no big pay offs and no big pay outs for a new boss. Once thommo proves his worth and once TCs contract runs out, we get rid of TC and give thommo a wage rise now TCs wage is no longer needing paid. At least we'd be using TCs experience behind the scenes to help thommo along.

Plenty of chance to sit down with TC tomorrow as the first team are away to Manchester for Xmas night out.

Hopefully they come back up the M6 to a new manager.

Should we not be cancelling the players Christmas night out in Manchester after one of our worst ever seasons and putting the money saved into a pot marked TC's pay off / January transfer window

TC and previous managers get the blame for failing to find us players in the key positions of centre half and striker but if the youth system was working properly then the managers wouldn't need to.

Over a decade of Longwell in charge and he's failed to find a centre half or a striker or indeed a single player that has gained us a transfer fee.

Yes, Tommy Craig should go.

But so should David Longwell.

"There was a wee minority shouting, but I can perfectly understand it. They are just as hurt, baffled and disappointed as I am."

Yes Tommy, but I'm guessing we're baffled about something rather different to you.

Wee minority? Every c**t and there granny wants him out of St.mirren park.

"There was a wee minority shouting, but I can perfectly understand it. They are just as hurt, baffled and disappointed as I am."

Yes Tommy, but I'm guessing we're baffled about something rather different to you.

My take on it is that it was indeed a minority shouting 'Tommy, Tommy GTF', but all it would have taken for that minority to grow would have been a second St Johnstone goal. The fact we rallied in the second half for fifteen minutes, and kept it to one down, kept the lid on anti-Thommy chants.

Also, from my seat in W3, the odd 'FFS McAusland/McLean' moment aside - there was nothing but support for the players on the park. I also never heard any anti-BoD chanting or even an isolated 'Gilmour GTF'.

Difficult to shout GTF at someone who has been trying to GTF for five years mind you.

I would give it to January to see if he can bring people in. The board are unlikely to move before then.

Are you deluded? He's already signed shite like Marwood, Caldwell, Ball etc. I wouldn't trust the clown with another penny.

Is that you Tommy?

i have one point to make on this, please make sure that whoever had the original idea to offer TC the job on a 2 year deal is not allowed to have any input on a new manager when the time comes,

I'm obviously in a minority of one at this point in time but I think 2 years (or maybe one a one year rolling deal) is the right amount of time to offer a new manager. The problem is not the length of the contract but that TC has clearly turned out to be the wrong appointment, sadly we are not a club with much/any room for error on this matter in a 12 team top flight.

How many people were questioning the length of TC's appointment back in May?

PS - Let me add I see no reason for TC to resign and not receive the full terms due in his contract.

PPS - Is their a relegation clause that would allow us to sack him in these circumstances? Painful to swallow but if there was & I was on the BoD that would be my choice.

Edited by Bud the Baker

How many people were questioning the length of TC's appointment back in May?

Erm, I was sorta! 1eye.gif

Right, I wanted to wait till it was officially official - it seems Danny Lennon is being blamed solely for everything that went wrong last season. wink.png

Welcome to the job Top Cat! Plenty of questions however,

• Is this down to TC & DL's contracts being out of synch, is this appointment being made to avoid a payout?
  • How long is TC's contract for?
  • Was their a mutiny in the spring as has been suggested? It seems to me that people who will cobble together to knife someone in the back are liable to fall out and knife each other within a short period of time.
  • Teale as player coach - when was the last time he played a full game? Presumably his contract can't be for more than a year.

Given Craig's age and his lack of experience being the top dog you have to wonder if this is just an interim appointment and if he was first choice ahead of Murray. There's probably other issues but I'm feeling a bit betwattled at the moment.

Tommy Craig will receive the same degree of support I offer every St. Mirren manager. whistling.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker