Farewell Ian Paisley

Russian Saint

I will actually remember him for a positive reason. He once made me happy and full of hope, I was in a taxi from George Best airport into the centre of Belfast when he came on the radio talking with Martin McGuiness about housing. Finally Northern Irish politicians talking about the things they should be talking about, sadly the peace process has taken a little bit of a step back since then, but I'll still chose to remember that glimmer of hope that he and his one-time mortal enemy gave me.

Memory of Ian Paisley..............

"The man from del monte he says NO (to the anglo irish agreement) but he's a dirty orange bastard anyway", I remember this on a banner the day we capitulated to celtic to let them win the league over hearts on the last day of the season in 1986 lol.gif

Edited by murray street

Guest TPAFKATS

George Galloway tweeted-

Sorry to hear of the death of Rev Ian Paisley. May God have mercy upon him and forgive his errors. As a private man he was good and kind.

Im sure shull will appreciate this more than my attempts at humour

Just heard, on BBC Radio 4, Martin McGuinness paying Ian Paisley a glowing tribute.

Well done Sir for that and well done to the pair of them for bringing peace to Northern Ireland.

Who would have thought it after the dreadful times of the 60's, 70's and up to the 90's.