Friday Football @ Firhill -.19Th September

NeilPar72

Something has to change at the back. Osbourne is allegedly as good an RB as he is a CM;

Ridgers

Osbourne Goodwin Plummer Kelly

We then don't have any protection in midfield for the defence.

We need to get back to the basics for this one. Best players in their best positions, even if it means dropping McGinn or McLean.

We then don't have any protection in midfield for the defence.

We need to get back to the basics for this one. Best players in their best positions, even if it means dropping McGinn or McLean.

We don't have anything to protect; our defence is a non entity.

The way it's panning out this season, if you can get past Goodwin/Osbourne, you'll score.

I would hope that the crowd will be closer to 4000 with the buddies bringing 700.

We've started the season quite slowly and are more deliberate in our passing. It always seems to be a ball to feet instead of into space for the attacker to run on to.

Where we have vastly improved is our ability to slow the game down. We have always been very naive when it comes to breaking up the flow of the game with "injuries" and wee fouls. I've noticed this season our physio's magic spray works wonders. Guys who've been down for ages are able to get back up and run around as if they've been touched by some American evangelist!

One bit of advice I'd give Tommy is, don't go out with the tactic of taking turns kicking the shit out of Higginbotham. Caly tried that and he just laughed and tore them apart.

Don't worry our defenders are too slow to kick him

Maybe he will tire himself out ripping cnut out of us

Thinking a back three of Goodwin , Naismith and Plummer , wing backs from Teale , Wilde , Drury , Tesseler or Kelly , Osborne as a holding midfielder , wit McLean and Mcginn as attacking midfielders , and Ball with either Marwood or Caldwell up front ,

Thinking that's the best formation with the players we have a available , and our best attacking move being one of the central defenders breaking out of defence with ball , and continuing to drive forward , a bit like Broadfoot and McGregor used to do

F**king hate Friday football, but was going to go when the original fixture change announcement was made.

However, watching 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, along with a couple of relaxing beers, is an infinitely better proposition, than traipsing up to Firhill to watch another inept performance and the probable* defeat.

*I used up my last spark of optimism using "probable" instead of "inevitable.

Edited by FTOF

F**king hate Friday football, but was going to go when the original fixture change announcement was made.

However, watching 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, along with a couple of relaxing beers, is an infinitely better proposition, than traipsing up to Firhill to watch another inept performance and the probable* defeat.

Thank you the Reverend I. M. Jolly.

FFS.

It's bad but it will NEVER be that bad !!!!

Call me a masochist but I'm going on Friday. Having witnessed the Hamilton and Killie games I'm hoping that it's third time lucky this season.

My biggest disappointment on Saturday was that when we scored the equaliser Tommy changed his mind about making the substitution. That for me was a big mistake. He should have carried on and made the switch immediately. It's not just the players that are lacking inconfidence at the moment.

Friday is massive for the whole club: Management, players and fans. We can do our bit by turning up and cheering them on.

You know what you have to do........