Salmonds Career Is Over

Stuart Dickson

I watched his Press Conference on BBC1 and then switched over to the BBC News Channel to hear more of it. While I'm not his biggest fan, I actually thought he came over ok. He took responsibility for the "Yes Campaign" not winning and showed himself in a humble light by saying he had contacted the Prime Minister to congratulate the success of the "Better Together Campaign". No spinning, he just stuck to the facts and to be honest, if Scotland is to have a go at this again, having someone else in charge may well be a good thing for those of a "Yes" persuasion.

He had to go. Salmond led a dreadful campaign that failed to show any vision. He lied, spun, smeared, bullied and ultimately he lacked likeability and credibility.

Stuart what about the lie of more powers before Burns night less than 10 hours after the vote its been kicked into touch by Millieand.

Stuart what about the lie of more powers before Burns night less than 10 hours after the vote its been kicked into touch by Millieand.

Millie and who? Are they a new reggae duo?

Actually, he hasn't. Wants all the new powers offered and agreed to be implemented in 6 months (ie before the next election) and then he wants a constitutional convention for the stuff that Cameron pulled out the hat this morning on changes for English, Welsh and Northern Irish matters (which are presumably a Tory attempt to spike UKIP.).

Edited for spelling.

Edited by rabuddies

If that were true, the one trick pony would still be in a job.

I think the no/ loylist voters who are glad to see the back of Salmond forget what his government have done. The country has been ran financially sound for the last 7 years with some ideas which are for the good of everyone and not labour/tory motivated.

People in outlying parts of Scotland have seen investment in their areas which you would never see if one of the london based parties were in power...so thanks Alex for something diffrent..

Sorry? He hasn't done a bad job? There's a £450m funding short fall in the Scottish NHS. £100m of that money was spent sending NHS patients to private hospitals because NHS hospitals couldn't achieve the rather lax targets the Scottish Government set for them. £57m of that shortfall comes from his policy of giving NHS prescriptions out for free to middle and upper income earners in Scotland. A hell of a lot more of the funding gap comes from the fact that because prescriptions are free to patients drugs companies get to rip the piss in Scotland charging £3 odd for a packet of paracetamol that can be bought at Tesco and Asda for 19p.

In terms of care for the mentally ill the council tax freeze has meant more of them falling into debt as service providers get squeezed. It also means that service providers - most of whom are registered charities - are taking on more and more dangerous patients as hospitals like Carstairs are forced to close wards and release patients into society.

In Salmonds years in charge we've seen childhood obesity increase often due to their local councillors attempts to fill the funding gaps from council tax freezes by charging juvenile sports clubs ridiculous prices to use council run facilities.

We've also got a stupid situation in Scotland where taxes taken from low wages unskilled workers are being used to ensure that we can teach the next generation of high earning but low skilled politicians for free.

Oh and let's not forget that Salmonds government also was the one to value life so cheaply that they released the biggest convicted mass murderer of all time after serving just 7 years in prison.

I could go on and on about Salmonds woefully poor record in Scottish Government but then the post would become ridiculously long. I'm just glad the f**kwit is going before we give more power to his incompetent ilk

Edited by Stuart Dickson

best politician of a generation delivered what he said he would gave us the chance to vote on our future has put Scotland on a sound footing invested in schools and our health well done sir thanks for everything

Indeed.

The Westminster based three stooges* must be breathing a collective sigh of relief after the run around they've been given over the past couple of years.

*unless of course they feel the need to come to Scotland and lie to the electorate.

Sorry? He hasn't done a bad job? There's a £450m funding short fall in the Scottish NHS. £100m of that money was spent sending NHS patients to private hospitals because NHS hospitals couldn't achieve the rather lax targets the Scottish Government set for them. £57m of that shortfall comes from his policy of giving NHS prescriptions out for free to middle and upper income earners in Scotland. A hell of a lot more of the funding gap comes from the fact that because prescriptions are free to patients drugs companies get to rip the piss in Scotland charging £3 odd for a packet of paracetamol that can be bought at Tesco and Asda for 19p.

In terms of care for the mentally ill the council tax freeze has meant more of them falling into debt as service providers get squeezed. It also means that service providers - most of whom are registered charities - are taking on more and more dangerous patients as hospitals like Carstairs are forced to close wards and release patients into society.

In Salmonds years in charge we've seen childhood obesity increase often due to their local councillors attempts to fill the funding gaps from council tax freezes by charging juvenile sports clubs ridiculous prices to use council run facilities.

We've also got a stupid situation in Scotland where taxes taken from low wages unskilled workers are being used to ensure that we can teach the next generation of high earning but low skilled politicians for free.

Oh and let's not forget that Salmonds government also was the one to value life so cheaply that they released the biggest convicted mass murderer of all time after serving just 7 years in prison.

I could go on and on about Salmonds woefully poor record in Scottish Government but then the post would become ridiculously long. I'm just glad the f**kwit is going before we give more power to his incompetent ilk

well why stay here after all you've had loads of offers of employment elsewhere have you not?

well why stay here after all you've had loads of offers of employment elsewhere have you not?

I have indeed and I'm currently negotiating with two companies, one in Manchester and one in Milton Keynes, however I'm happy here too cause Glasgow is still in the UK, using Sterling, and it's still part on the best political union in the world

I could go on

yeah you do..but Alex never sanctioned dropping bombs on anyone , selling arms to mass murders or states that kill you for being raped..

I could go on ..but iv got a roll in sausage on the go..

No instead Salmond actively encouraged RBS to their demise by telling Freddy Goodwin he had the full support of the Scottish Government as it bought ABN Amro.

Tales of Salmonds competency are very much over exaggerated

I have indeed and I'm currently negotiating with two companies, one in Manchester and one in Milton Keynes, however I'm happy here too cause Glasgow is still in the UK, using Sterling, and it's still part on the best political union in the world

I see Walter Mitty is alive and kicking.

ame="strummer" post="1213478" timestamp="1411207294"]

No instead Salmond actively encouraged RBS to their demise by telling Freddy Goodwin he had the full support of the Scottish Government as it bought ABN Amro.

Tales of Salmonds competency are very much over exaggerated

All that said the no/ loylist camp won..Alex is leaving in November and by the looks of it the Westminster love in is falling apart .With all the lies coming from Westminster I think Alex is playing his final card ..let them eat each other while the nationalist will probably regroup and then Alex like the shroud and clever guy he is will lead and advise from the back bench at holyrood ..win the next election then go for another referendum..with a swing of a mere 5% freedom will come..