Still Game At The Hydro

shull

First one last night. Was anybody there ? Was it good ?

The TV series was fantastic, hope the Theatre show goes well.

If there's a DVD of it, i'll be purchasing it, unlike Tam.

I would guess that the DVD will be conveniently released just in time for Christmas. And will be one of the best sellers.

First one last night. Was anybody there ? Was it good ?

The TV series was fantastic, hope the Theatre show goes well.

If there's a DVD of it, i'll be purchasing it, unlike Tam.

The dvd is getting filmed over three nights the week after next, I'm on the crew, looking forward to it.

I was at the show on Friday, plus first time in Hydro.

In my opinion, show was ok and well put together,

I think its difficult, however, to take a tv show like Still Game onto the stage, especially in an arena such as the Hydro and I found myself watching it on the big screens.................which made me think I would be just as well watching it on the telly!

Also, I got a bit pissed off with people constantly going in and out to get drink (or go for the inevitable piss) during the show. Starting to sound like an old fanny now!!

I was at the show on Friday, plus first time in Hydro.

In my opinion, show was ok and well put together,

I think its difficult, however, to take a tv show like Still Game onto the stage, especially in an arena such as the Hydro and I found myself watching it on the big screens.................which made me think I would be just as well watching it on the telly!

Also, I got a bit pissed off with people constantly going in and out to get drink (or go for the inevitable piss) during the show. Starting to sound like an old fanny now!!

when i go to any kind of show, it is to see the show itself so the amount of people getting WELL pissed at the matinee was pretty unpleasant. The guy next to me could hardly walk straight at the end and collided with everything on the way out

Also-Cheeseburger and chips at a show? I just don't get it

this was also my first time at the Hydro and it is looking pretty degraded at only one year old

anyone who goes should park at the science centre and cross the bells bridge-the multi storey next door has only one exit ramp for the thousands of vehicles it holds. took an hour and a half to get out

Edited by beyond our ken

I think I heard Sanjeev Kohli on the tranny the other day saying that Still Game started out as a stage show, although not a lot of people know that. I've never even watched it on the TV.

I saw the original stage show at The Cottier Theatre many moons ago. It was based on their sketches in Chewin The Fat. I may be having a senior moment, but I'm not sure it was called Stiil Game? Maybe 'High Livin' or Victor & Jack or sumfin.

ETA

I heard that the Hydro show was going to be mainly reruns of sketches from the TV show. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by Vambo57

I saw the original stage show at The Cottier Theatre many moons ago. It was based on their sketches in Chewin The Fat. I may be having a senior moment, but I'm not sure it was called Stiil Game? Maybe 'High Livin' or Victor & Jack or sumfin.

ETA

I heard that the Hydro show was going to be mainly reruns of sketches from the TV show. Can anyone confirm?

I caught a wee bit of an interview they done on TV the other week and I think, don't crucify me, they said they were writing some new stuff?

Mibbie I just made this up. whistling.gif

ETA

How "new" can it be. a new show with variations on familiar themes in my opinion

Going this afternoon.

Will report back after a moderate bevvy session in the west end.

Excellent.

Really enjoyed it.

Very clever use of the audience incorporated into the show and some special guests from previous shows.

Show ebbed and flowed, but wasn't bored at any point. As FJ said, some scenes brought tears of laughter.

Very clever and won't have been easy making what was a half hour show into a 2 and a half hour one. Second half was superb with it building into a classic finale. No doubt the DVD will be out for Christmas and I would have no hesitation in buying in despite having seen it live.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the dvd rights are still being negotiated but there will be one hour condensed version on BBC Scotland during November.

Still Game Live ( one hour )

7th November 2014

BBC1 9pm.

Cannae wait.

• 2 weeks later...