Quandary

Fluff Cultivator

I've been trawling the forums for months for sound points and ire-inducing ones in equal portions. I've only recently delved into posting myself recently.

Would it be fair to say you're a marmite character Faraway?

It could well be indeed.

Just as well we're not all the same, just imagine how the vote would have went then? wink.png

It could well be indeed.

Just as well we're not all the same, just imagine how the vote would have went then? wink.png

Now now, I've tried my best to keep this post Referendum-free. I'm hurting enough as one of the 45% without a metaphorical big stick (or should that begin with a 'pr' instead) being introduced.

Behave yourself. Take your win with good grace, if at all possible.

I've been trawling the forums for months for sound points and ire-inducing ones in equal portions. I've only delved into posting myself recently.

Would it be fair to say you're a Marmite character, Faraway?

Close, rhymes with marmite lol.gif

I took my boys to watch Motherwell and Hamilton trying to encourage them to support their local team. They didn't really go for that. Then I took them to Sunderland. My eldest loved it and became a Sunderland fan, my youngest didn't. Then somehow through some sad twist of fate the youngest decided he was going to be a St Mirren fan. I'm still working on saving him but he's 16 and there's probably not much hope left for him now. The truly shit thing about it is that it means that occasionally I have to take him to that shit hole in Paisley to watch some real dross pretend to be footballers.

Trust me - let any children you have grow up supporting Thistle. If you don't one day you'll remember the advice I gave you and you'll wish you'd taken it.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I took my boys to watch Motherwell and Hamilton trying to encourage them to support their local team. They didn't really go for that. Then I took them to Sunderland. My eldest loved it and became a Sunderland fan, my youngest didn't. Then somehow through some sad twist of fate the youngest decided he was going to be a St Mirren fan. I'm still working on saving him but he's 16 and there's probably not much hope left for him now. The truly shit thing about it is that it means that occasionally I have to take him to that shit hole in Paisley to watch some real dross pretend to be footballers.

Trust me - let any children you have grow up supporting Thistle. If you don't one day you'll remember the advice I gave you and you'll wish you'd taken it.

Did you teach him to fish aswell?

Duly noted. And how would your B&W Army epitaph read? Not being cheeky, just interested in getting an impression of the more infamous posters I've read.

I've not made an omelette yet but I know for certain a few of the eggs here are no good.

Infamous ?????

Boooo !!!

I don't think quandAry should have that second 'a' in it. It don't look right. Don't know what to do about. It's got me in a quandry thinking about it. At least I think it has.

I'm just going oot the door .........bye1.gif

My old man is from Port Glasgow and is a Morton family but moved to Paisley to start a family about 45 years ago.

He took me to Love St between 1983 up to the early-mid 90's when i was old enough to go with my friends. He encouraged me to support my local team so, as much as it pains me to say it, i can of agree with the k**b from Wishaw...unless you move towards Paisley of course.

He has since returned to Crappielow to follow his beloved Ton. I still support the darling buds. Derby days were fun, he used to park at Sinclair Street and i walked through the Morton fans before meeting up at the end of the game.

Funnily enough he was at Hampden on St Mirren Day in 2013 with his own (St Mirren supporting) pals. I was there with my daughter and step-son, who have been raised to support the Saints (unfortunately i live in paisley so its their local team).

Guest TPAFKATS

If your choice was between Ross County and queen of the south then the local team element might be relevant.

The difference between Maryhill and Paisley, distance wise, discounts local in my view.

Stay away from teams based on religion and you can't go far wrong.

If you want to be a glory hunter choose st.Mirren over thistle :-P

My old man is from Port Glasgow and is a Morton family but moved to Paisley to start a family about 45 years ago.

He took me to Love St between 1983 up to the early-mid 90's when i was old enough to go with my friends. He encouraged me to support my local team so, as much as it pains me to say it, i can of agree with the k**b from Wishaw...unless you move towards Paisley of course.

He has since returned to Crappielow to follow his beloved Ton. I still support the darling buds. Derby days were fun, he used to park at Sinclair Street and i walked through the Morton fans before meeting up at the end of the game.

Funnily enough he was at Hampden on St Mirren Day in 2013 with his own (St Mirren supporting) pals. I was there with my daughter and step-son, who have been raised to support the Saints (unfortunately i live in paisley so its their local team).

No shame in it. I'd love to move back to Paisley at some stage but it just makes me very, very sad to see what it's become.

Looks like I'm going to have to let them decide if we're lucky enough to have a family. I reckon I've got the bigger guns on my side. Their Papa on her side is fun but despite the shite view, I reckon the engagement with kids in the south stand and the humour of our beloved Paisley Panda will win through.

Their mascot is just a poor imitation, a (small) corporate shill... Jaggy MacB. Pish.

We moved up here, Arbroath, when my son was 5.

I deliberately never influenced him, that would make me as bad as the OF parents who "force" their bigoted shite onto their children.

He went through quite a few phases, mainly English teams, although he had a short "Celtic" phase which didn't last.

I had taken him to a few St Mirren games against Dundee & Arbroath but no real interest.

It was probably when St Mirren got promoted to the top league he started taking more of an interest.

It's lasted this long and that's pretty much him a Saint.

My daughter has followed suit, so all in all it's turned out ok but it was their choice.

Edited by faraway saint