St Mirren In Contravention Of Fifa Law 4?

Just watching the match on TV and I can't help but feel the trackside adverts for the Labour Party, SNP and Neil Bibby MSP contravene FIFA Laws on political slogans and advertising in a football stadium.

Get a life you miserable shitebag, and get the f*ck off this forum

ETA spelling error in anger

Edited by BaldyOzBud

That's not the 1st time you've mentioned this Dicko.Are you trying to get the Club into trouble?

Of course he is. That seems to be his main aim in life (apart from calling everyone who diagrees with him a Natsi). He rarely reads anything properly before he qotes it. He really does need to get a life. rolleyes.gif

Just watching the match on TV and I can't help but feel the trackside adverts for the Labour Party, SNP and Neil Bibby MSP contravene FIFA Laws on political slogans and advertising in a football stadium.

I refer you to my article on behalf of SMiSA in today's program

feel free to take this up with those self appointed bastions, when it suits them, of ethical practice (uefa)

Decisions of the International F.A. Board

Decision 1

Basic compulsory equipment

The basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal slogans, statements or images.

The team of a player whose basic compulsory equipment has political, religious or personal slogans or, statements or images will be sanctioned by the competition organiser or by FIFA.

It may be open to interpretation but I think that it's highly irregular that a supporter carrying a flag with a political message written on it will have that confiscated, and may well be removed from the stadium. Yet inside the stadium the club has sold political advertising on at least four advertising boards.

I have to say I did enjoy the George Adam advert though. Sited next to the UWS board it was easy to assume that "UWS" perhaps stood for "U Wank Stain" George Adam.

Anyway regardless of whether it contravenes the laws of the game or not I do think that politics should be kept out of sport. All the national and international sporting bodies appear to agree on this issue. If I were a St Mirren supporter I would be angered at the pitch surround being littered with political slogans and adverts.

Also found this.

In the clubs own Stadium Regulations Under Section 11 it states

The promotion or endorsement of any political organisation are not permitted within the Stadium or on the Club's property

It's a shame the club cannot stick to those rules themselves, thereby setting themselves up for people like me to point out the gross hypocrisy on display at the club. I guess if you've got a little bit of money to spend the club will happily set aside the rules it applies to other customers.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I refer you to my article on behalf of SMiSA in today's program

feel free to take this up with those self appointed bastions, when it suits them, of ethical practice (uefa)

No idea what you are talking about John. I was watching the game on TV and in any event I would be unlikely to buy a programme. Hopefully the club and it's supporters will ensure that the political advertising is removed. After all you wouldn't want to fall foul any of the relevant sporting authorities, particularly as the stadium is also used for Scotland Under 21 fixtures.

Also found this.

In the clubs own Stadium Regulations Under Section 11 it states

It's a shame the club cannot stick to those rules themselves, thereby setting themselves up for people like me to point out the gross hypocrisy on display at the club. I guess if you've got a little bit of money to spend the club will happily set aside the rules it applies to other customers.

Just as well none of those you mentioned in the original post can proclaim to be legitimate political organisations theses days... ;-)

is this the same fifa that gave the world cup to qatar , but now want to change the time because its too WARM ,its in the desert but dont t worry we will just change all the league and cups around the world ,

so let them say something about our trackside adverts

we just give them a brown envelope and a watch ,that seems to do the trick.......

and the snp stands for saints new park so get it up you fifa

Edited by mad saint 2

It's always interesting to see the level of hypocrisy that St Mirren supporters can get to, to defend the club.

I've shown beyond all doubt that in selling those four advertising boards around the ground St Mirren are in breach of their own Stadium Regulations where the "promotion or endorsement of ANY POLITICAL ORGANISATION is not permitted". I've also shown that the club could well be in contravention of FIFA's own rules regarding political advertising and slogans at football grounds.

Are St Mirren and those on here who would seek to defend the club guilty of discrimination? Is it only Scottish political slogans and advertising that is allowed around the stadium or would it be equally open to accepting money to promote and advertise political organisations from one or the other side of the Irish divide, or indeed from the various political organisations in the Middle East? Would the fans of the club happily accept business from a Conservative politician in the area? Indeed how would it feel if a UKIP or BNP candidate sought to buy advertising space around the stadium and the club accepted it? Are fans being hypocritical in turning a blind eye to the promotion of political organisations within their stadium whilst castigating Rangers and Celtic supporters for doing similar in their own stadiums?

As I've said I would hope the club would see sense and remove the offending advertising hoardings before the next home match.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

It's always interesting to see the level of hypocrisy that St Mirren supporters can get to, to defend the club.

I've shown beyond all doubt that in selling those four advertising boards around the ground St Mirren are in breach of their own Stadium Regulations where the "promotion or endorsement of ANY POLITICAL ORGANISATION is not permitted". I've also shown that the club could well be in contravention of FIFA's own rules regarding political advertising and slogans at football grounds.

Are St Mirren and those on here who would seek to defend the club guilty of discrimination? Is it only Scottish political slogans and advertising that is allowed around the stadium or would it be equally open to accepting money to promote and advertise political organisations from one or the other side of the Irish divide, or indeed from the various political organisations in the Middle East? Would the fans of the club happily accept business from a Conservative politician in the area? Indeed how would it feel if a UKIP or BNP candidate sought to buy advertising space around the stadium and the club accepted it? Are fans being hypocritical in turning a blind eye to the promotion of political organisations within their stadium whilst castigating Rangers and Celtic supporters for doing similar in their own stadiums?

As I've said I would hope the club would see sense and remove the offending advertising hoardings before the next home match.

The club are not promoting or endorsing any political agenda, they are selling advertising on a board, to promote or endorse, the advertising would be seen when players, managers etc are interviewed, our name or badge would also appear on the advertising. None of this happens. Also why would we promote or endorse to separate parties?