St Mirren In Contravention Of Fifa Law 4?

No idea what you are talking about John. I was watching the game on TV and in any event I would be unlikely to buy a programme. Hopefully the club and it's supporters will ensure that the political advertising is removed. After all you wouldn't want to fall foul any of the relevant sporting authorities, particularly as the stadium is also used for Scotland Under 21 fixtures.

Double standards anyone ?

Sept 2nd 2014

UEFA sanction and fine two Scottish clubs for fans displaying Palestinian flags at euro ties under article 16 (2)

"The use of gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit any message that is not fit for a sports event, particularly messages that are of a political, ideological, religious or provocative nature will not be tolerated"

Sept 10th 2014

UEFA publish a report on the effects and potential outcome of the Scottish referendum

Double standards anyone ?

Sept 2nd 2014

UEFA sanction and fine two Scottish clubs for fans displaying Palestinian flags at euro ties under article 16 (2)

"The use of gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit any message that is not fit for a sports event, particularly messages that are of a political, ideological, religious or provocative nature will not be tolerated"

Sept 10th 2014

UEFA publish a report on the effects and potential outcome of the Scottish referendum

Maybe so but I'm more surprised that in your position you still refuse to comment on the hypocrisy closer to home. Have you nothing to say about St Mirren breaking their own Stadium Regulations? In your opinion should St Mirren have political advertising in the stadium?

^^^^^^ can the mods do something about this poster?

I thought this forum had a policy of zero tolerance against abuse of this nature?

McCracken are you Dickson in disguise...........the pair of you should piss off............ stick your zero tolerance up y'r arse matey. Dickson is the most unwelcome poster on this site.

It's against regulations for any fan to stand yet Dicko failed to notice oveer 2000 breaches of that during Saturday's game but noticed a couple of advertising hoardings. What a laughable petty agenda this man continues. Jesus man get a life ffs.

ETA click on the community tab of the official MFC website and there on a scroll headed Our Sponsors are amongst others.......NORTH LANARKSHIRE COUNCIL AND THE SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT. You couldn't make it up, massive own goal Dicko. I await the lecture to those who don't have the hypocrite on ignore about how neither are political !!!!!

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

Maybe so but I'm more surprised that in your position you still refuse to comment on the hypocrisy closer to home. Have you nothing to say about St Mirren breaking their own Stadium Regulations? In your opinion should St Mirren have political advertising in the stadium?

personally speaking NO

frankly I never even noticed them but out of principle either the club, scottish football and uefa are either ok with politics in football or not, or for some reason find some of it acceptable but not others. But they should be consistent across the board

if you are going to make rules that others are expected to abide by you should be leading by example

personaly I wouldnt think its a bad thing for example a local councillor informing people where and when he is available to them but generally I don't agree with the promotion of a particular political party, which these adverts seem to be ?

in my opinion every rule applicable to inside the stadium should be discussed and clarified by everyone concerned round the table and some form of agreement publicised

it should involve the club, the police, the stewards, the council, and the fans

the discussion at any first meeting, if it were ever to happen, should be why specific rules are vigourusly enforced on some but not others

the standing fiasco, as someone mentioned a few posts back being a blatant example, alcohol at some sporting venues but not football (well except the executive boxes) the political subject of this thread and many more

no one in authority gives a toss what the fans think, money is far more important

The idea that politics and sport shouldn't mix either is bogus. Sport is quite happy to mix with politics when it is on their terms, be it ground works, grants, youth initiatives.

Basically what they don't wantis the fans engaging in politics whilst there- largely a problem consigned to the 2 Glasgow clubs. When there is something on the go money wise- politics are welcome.

The idea that politics and sport shouldn't mix either is bogus. Sport is quite happy to mix with politics when it is on their terms, be it ground works, grants, youth initiatives.

Basically what they don't wantis the fans engaging in politics whilst there- largely a problem consigned to the 2 Glasgow clubs. When there is something on the go money wise- politics are welcome.

Money wise?

In my experience in the past grants and funding are generally issued from sponsorship and funding bodies - for example the National Lottery, Sports Scotland, the Scottish Football Partnership. Whilst some of those bodies may well be under the control of the Scottish Government they are supposed to operate independently and whilst I appreciate that in practice clubs may well call on the assistance of their local councillors and local politicians to help make the case for an award, I would find it quite astounding - actually no strike that, I'd find it absolutely abhorrent - if as a result of those politicians involvement the club felt obliged to endorse certain politicians and political organisations.

It's against regulations for any fan to stand yet Dicko failed to notice oveer 2000 breaches of that during Saturday's game but noticed a couple of advertising hoardings. What a laughable petty agenda this man continues. Jesus man get a life ffs.

ETA click on the community tab of the official MFC website and there on a scroll headed Our Sponsors are amongst others.......NORTH LANARKSHIRE COUNCIL AND THE SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT. You couldn't make it up, massive own goal Dicko. I await the lecture to those who don't have the hypocrite on ignore about how neither are political !!!!!

Oh FFS. :rolleyes:

First off how can it be an own goal. If Motherwell FC are involved in this practice I'll be on their case too. Despite the silly regular assertions on this website I really do not support any Scottish Football team in any true sense of the word. I am a paying customer of a few but I am hardly a fan.

Secondly, as I have already stated Motherwell FC do not have a section in their club policies banning the "promotion or endorsement of any political organisation" so whilst they are potential contravening UEFA and FIFA laws on this topic, they aren't in breach of their own Stadium Regulations and therefore aren't being hypocritical - unlike St Mirren.

personally speaking NO

frankly I never even noticed them but out of principle either the club, scottish football and uefa are either ok with politics in football or not, or for some reason find some of it acceptable but not others. But they should be consistent across the board

if you are going to make rules that others are expected to abide by you should be leading by example

personaly I wouldnt think its a bad thing for example a local councillor informing people where and when he is available to them but generally I don't agree with the promotion of a particular political party, which these adverts seem to be ?

Agree 100%.

FIFA don't have a great deal of credibility left amongst every day football fans. The reason for this is because those running the game have not been seen to be above reproach. However I would have thought that every fan of a football club would like to think that they are supporting a cause that is moral and ethical, and not just another greedy grasping business determined to take money from wherever they can get it. I would certainly have thought that those who are regular paying customers of a football club would at least have been able to expect that the club directors follow the same rules and regulations as those they impose on their customers when they enter the stadium.

Agree 100%.

FIFA don't have a great deal of credibility left amongst every day football fans. The reason for this is because those running the game have not been seen to be above reproach. However I would have thought that every fan of a football club would like to think that they are supporting a cause that is moral and ethical, and not just another greedy grasping business determined to take money from wherever they can get it. I would certainly have thought that those who are regular paying customers of a football club would at least have been able to expect that the club directors follow the same rules and regulations as those they impose on their customers when they enter the stadium.

Like clubs being sposored by Cash Converters ???

I assume you posted on the club forums of all the other clubs displaying MP's adverts rather than this just being a petty vendetta against SMFC ?

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

Like clubs being sposored by Cash Converters ???

I assume you posted on the club forums of all the other clubs displaying MP's adverts rather than this just being a petty vendetta against SMFC ?

I've asked for the names of other clubs doing it. As I've said until I saw the adverts on TV on Saturday I hadn't noticed them at St Mirren.

Over the many years I have been attending matches at both Love Street and Greenhill Road I have gone to watch the football not read the advertising hoardings, we're now 4 pages in to this thread and i'm sure that those at St Mirren who look at the postings will have got the mesage by now....... can we go back to something more entertaining than Stuart's navel musings.

Stuart Dickson (one of several contributors I tend to ignore) has typed around 50 - 60 lines of text on this topic alone. Add to that the time he must have spent researching FIFA rules, St Mirren club policy and Motherwell FC club policy and you begin to get an idea of how much effort he is willing to put into being disruptive on a discussion board intended, in the main, to provide a place for fans of the club to exchange views on various topics.

To all genuine Saints fans on here I would simply say, put the man on ignore and don't let him waste as much of your time as he does with his own. I must look up how to do that myself. SD will be only one of several trolls I'll be putting on that list.

Guest TPAFKATS

Is it just me who thinks some peoples life's are so empty that they have to find any old shit just to try and stir up trouble ?

I can't believe you wrote that in italics. That's disgusting, disgraceful etc. You should be ashamed of yourself, your country, your team...

Agree 100%.

ROFL Do you think Rupert Murdoch runs an ethical business empire then? If not your campaign your campaign is several years late. I've also missed the outrage at the SFA accepting sponsorship from McDonalds. But keep going there's a quiet fortnight coming up...

ROFL Do you think Rupert Murdoch runs an ethical business empire then? If not your campaign your campaign is several years late. I've also missed the outrage at the SFA accepting sponsorship from McDonalds. But keep going there's a quiet fortnight coming up...

Does anyone support the Rupert Murdoch empire? Or the SFA?

St Mirren are in contravention of their own rules. If a fan did it the club may sieze his season ticket book, perhaps even ban him from the stadium yet the greedy grasping board of directors took money to breach their own stadium regulations, to put up four advertising boards promoting political organisations, hypocritically get off without question from the fans.

I guess you should all remember the new hypocritical stance on political organisations at St Mirren Park the next time Rangers and Celtic come to town.

Edited by Stuart Dickson