St Mirren In Contravention Of Fifa Law 4?

Agree 100%.

FIFA don't have a great deal of credibility left amongst every day football fans. The reason for this is because those running the game have not been seen to be above reproach. However I would have thought that every fan of a football club would like to think that they are supporting a cause that is moral and ethical, and not just another greedy grasping business determined to take money from wherever they can get it. I would certainly have thought that those who are regular paying customers of a football club would at least have been able to expect that the club directors follow the same rules and regulations as those they impose on their customers when they enter the stadium.

about as much credibility as you sadly

Superb stuff! I can't believe that Stuart D has got five pages out of this already! jerry.gif

I just knew all of the extremists and Natsi's would be all over this like Alsatian's on heat! I'm loving people's arguments about his original post - abuse such as "shut it fasto" and "wgaf Stu"? jerry.gif

Just wow.

Who is this fud? Talkin boring pish about getting rid of advertising boards that financially support the club and are 'in the grand scheme of things' harmless whilst presenting yourself with an out of date politcal slogan as your profile pic? Your actually irrelevant Dicksonhead and so is your pishy post.

I hope the rest of the responses on here continue to rip you to shreads for being such a arrogant waste of forum space. If you feel that strongly about it, away and report the club and take your shitebaggery elsewhere. Hope you spunk all over keyboard and your computer explodes.

It really must be the most ludicrous thread ever started on our forum and that's saying something.Totally pointless, isn't deserving of a single response but now I've gone and done it. Is there a coconut or goldfish for the Bud who posts most replies or something?

If the club is advertising for any political party willing to pay, then surely it is the club's way of staying neutral and so not really a "political message" at all. Anyway, Dorothy seems to have totally went into meltdown since a certain event (don't want to be accused of posting on the wrong thread whistling.gif ) and this thread is just another example of it. He's either in meltdown or he's a wanker, I'll let you decide.

Why not both?

If you care to go online you will find the up to date St Mirren Park Stadium Regulations

The following is an extract from the said document:

11. Any individual who participates in Unacceptable Conduct at home or away matches will be ejected and or arrested and St Mirren FC reserves the right to take further sanctions including exclusion from the stadium for a period of time or permanently. Strathclyde Police will also pursue Football Banning Orders. Unacceptable Conduct includes the use of foul or abusive language; racist, discriminatory or sectarian remarks, songs or chants. The promotion or endorsement of any political organisation are not permitted within the Stadium or on the Club's property.

17. All spectators MUST REMAIN SEATED in their designated seats at all times

18. All persons entering this Stadium are admitted subject to these Stadium Regulations and to the applicable Rules and Regulations of The Scottish Football Association, the Scottish Premier League, and the Scottish Football League. ENTRY TO THE STADIUM SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE UNQUALIFIED ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS. FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THEM MAY RESULT IN SEIZURE OF SEASON TICKETS OR A BAN FROM ST MIRREN PARK.

If you read the words as written, you can take SD's argument to the logical conclusion that technically no political party should be able to advertise in the ground. (The promotion or endorsement of any political organisation are not permitted within the Stadium or on the Club's property ). So in some respects as much as I try to avoid supporting SD in any of his political and rancid rants, he has a mute and valid point. Perhaps if made by another poster it may not have engendered 5 pages of vitriol.

I enclose the other two points as they too have some relevance to matters concerning the public use of the stadium. Obviously the matter has previously been well debated on the OF fans standing throughout the game yet not being challenged.

The rules of the SFA, SPL and SFL will most probably mirror many of the regulations encapsulated in the St Mirren regs, and in particular to racial, religious and political chants / comments - sorry I'm too bored to thoroughly check but have to make these assumptions!shutup.gif

So SD has a form of point which seems to be getting ignored by the club, but at the same time the club ignores paragraph 17, which leads me to ask why have regulations in place if you aren't prepared to apply them?

So in some respects as much as I try to avoid supporting SD in any of his political and rancid rants, he has a muteand valid point. Perhaps if made by another poster it may not have engendered 5 pages of vitriol.[/size]

He'd be more tolerable if he could master the art of MUTE.

If you read the words as written, you can take SD's argument to the logical conclusion that technically no political party should be able to advertise in the ground. (The promotion or endorsement of any political organisation are not permitted within the Stadium or on the Club's property ). So in some respects as much as I try to avoid supporting SD in any of his political and rancid rants, he has a mute and valid point. Perhaps if made by another poster it may not have engendered 5 pages of vitriol.

Nah, if I had started this thread it would have got the same reaction! jerry.giflol.gif

Slartibartfast

Posted Today, 22:18

Can you provide a link to those regulations in the same spirit of helpfulness with which I posted the link to the ones I found online?

Sorry it's a word document, however here it is in entirety: I think I've managed to attach a link at the bottom of the script.

ST MIRREN PARK Stadium Regulations

1. All matches are played in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Scottish Football Association, the Scottish Premier League, The Scottish Football League, and where applicable, the Regulations of FIFA/UEFA Competitions.

2. Play is not guaranteed to take place on any particular day or at any particular time. The Club may change its advertised fixtures without prior notice and without liability.

3. Tickets are issued by the Club on the condition that no ticket holder shall sell or transfer the ticket for a larger price than appears on the face of the ticket. If there is a breach of this condition, the Club may cancel the ticket and retain any money initially paid for it.

4. On entering the Stadium, the patron must retain the ticket until the match has been played to a conclusion.

5. If the game to which this ticket gives access is postponed or abandoned for any reason the ticket will be valid on the rearranged date. A person who does not wish to attend the rearranged playing of the match shall be entitled either to a refund of the face value of the ticket in the case of postponement or an amount to be determined by the Club acting reasonably in the case of abandonment after the match has kicked off. In such events the refund will only be paid if the Club received the application for refund within 14 days of the announcement of the rearranged match. All applications for and correspondence in relation to refunds should be addressed to St Mirren Ticket Office, St Mirren Park, Greenhill Road, Paisley PA3 1RU and be accompanied by the relevant ticket stub. Please ensure that the name and address of the ticket holder are written clearly, preferably in block capitals, in order that it can be processed. You should allow 28 days for the refund to be made. The Club will not be liable to reimburse any other amounts to the ticket holder incurred as a result of postponement or abandonment of the match due to circumstances beyond St Mirren's control.

6. All children entering the Stadium must pay for admission or hold a valid ticket.

7. Unauthorised persons are not permitted to enter upon the field of play.

8. With the exception of authorised media representatives holding accreditation issued by the Club, the taking of photographs or filming by any means inside the Stadium is prohibited. In addition, no transmission or reproduction, in whole Or part, in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical, recording or otherwise of any match is permitted save with a special authorisation in writing by the Club and, where appropriate, the prior consent of The Scottish Football Association, the Scottish Premier League, the Scottish Football League or appropriate body.

9. Only persons specifically authorised in writing by the Club are permitted to offer newspapers, periodicals, match programmes, food, beverages or any other articles or substances for sale in the Stadium.

10. Smoking is not permitted anywhere within St Mirren Park.

11. Any individual who participates in Unacceptable Conduct at home or away matches will be ejected and or arrested and St Mirren FC reserves the right to take further sanctions including exclusion from the stadium for a period of time or permanently. Strathclyde Police will also pursue Football Banning Orders. Unacceptable Conduct includes the use of foul or abusive language; racist, discriminatory or sectarian remarks, songs or chants. The promotion or endorsement of any political organisation are not permitted within the Stadium or on the Club's property.

12. Please note it is an offence punishable by law for any person to enter or attempt to enter the Stadium:

1. Whilst in possession of a prohibited container which is capable of containing liquid and which if thrown would be capable of causing injury to another person.

2. Whilst in possession of alcohol.

3. Whilst drunk or under the influence of drugs.

4. Whilst in possession of any article or substance whose main purpose is the emission of a flare for purposes of illuminating or signalling or the emission of smoke or a visible gas.

5. Whilst in possession of any article which is a firework.

All persons entering the Stadium may be searched by the Police.

13. Articles which could, or might be used as a weapon, or to cause offence, or which are regarded by the Club or the Police as dangerous or unsafe are not permitted within the Stadium.

14. All persons entering the Stadium may be required to submit to search by stewards to prevent prohibited articles which might be used to cause injury or damage other persons or property being brought into the Stadium.

15. The throwing of any objects whether on to the pitch or track or otherwise, is not permitted.

16. At all times, the right of admission is reserved by the Club. No transfers from one seat to another within the Stadium will normally be allowed.

17. All spectators MUST REMAIN SEATED in their designated seats at all times

18. All persons entering this Stadium are admitted subject to these Stadium Regulations and to the applicable Rules and Regulations of The Scottish Football Association, the Scottish Premier League, and the Scottish Football League. ENTRY TO THE STADIUM SHALL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE UNQUALIFIED ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS. FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THEM MAY RESULT IN SEIZURE OF SEASON TICKETS OR A BAN FROM ST MIRREN PARK.

18. The Club reserves the right for its servants, stewards, and agents, and for members of the police forces to remove from the Stadium any person who does NOT COMPLY WITH STADIUM REGULATIONS AND WITH THE RULES AND REGULATIONS of The Scottish Football Association, the Scottish Premier League, The Scottish Football League and/or, where applicable, the Regulations of the FIFA/UEFA Competitions or whose presence in the Stadium is or could reasonable be construed as constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to other spectators.

INFORMATION

Any breach of Ground Regulations may result in ejection or action by Strathclyde Police.

You should be aware that in terms of a protocol with Strathclyde Police the details of any arrest or detention occurring in connection with a home or away football match may be shared with the club.

Should any spectator witness any breach of stadium regulations please notify the nearest steward.

http://www.saintmirren.net/club_policies/stadium_regulations.doc

Nah, if I had started this thread it would have got the same reaction! jerry.giflol.gif

Not convinced about that. I've had Stu on ignore for ages purely because of the rubbish he has written about St.Mirren and the way he is completely negative about the club in every way. I've seen plenty he posted over the last several months for obvious reasons and instead of ignoring him a load of guys rose to it like Thomsons Dropped It's three pound trout in Polsons dam. Couldn't help themselves and now he's a marked man like Jim Goodwin but with nothing like the same ability. He could get poster of the year all the same for giving me and I'm sure quite a few others something to laugh about.

I think you give him too much credit. His negativity about the Buds I agree with but, as for the rest, I think that he is too thick to troll. Posting links that defeat your own argument is not a sign of intelligence - and he does that repeatedly. I admit that some have jumped in too quickly to argue with him, when they should have just ignored his nonsense, but when you have someone that accuses others of racism and other shit just because of how they are going to cast one vote then I suppose it is to be expected. I prefer to just prove him wrong - and then call him thick. biggrin.png Some probably think that I have "risen to the bait" but, apart from there not being any "intentional" bait from him, I haven't - it is just a bit difficult to type replies in a "condescending tone". I try to keep my replies to him at the level a five-year-old would understand - and I do that intentionally, not because I have no other choice (before a usual suspect jumps in tongue.png ).

As for the last bit, don't encourage him - he'll incorrectly assume that you're laughing "with him" and not "at him". And his name is now Dorothy - he replies to it so why not use it - it's like naming a (not so cute) new puppy.

Definitely not laughing with him but the righteous indignation coming from Yes campers refuting preposterous comments and suggestions gave me some laughs. At the end of the day, first and foremost this forum is about St.Mirren and anyone who continually gives St.Mirren grief is no friend of mine. Some criticism is appropriate and reasonable but there are some regular posters on here who struggle to say a single positive thing about St.Mirren and I wouldn't give them houseroom. Stu's up there with the worst of them.

Guest TPAFKATS

Regulation 8 regarding filming and photos is more relevent that misrepresenting a sentence and not including the rest of the paragraph regarding political statements etc.

Anyone starting a thread about us breaching guidelines on filming Goodwins flying tackle without permission?

I cannot believe this thread is still going.

I have, up until now, kept out of the nonsense spouted by the OP, (especially as I have him on ignore!lol.gif ), but, for those whose intellect is around the same level as the OP, (though I'd imagine this is a very small minority given the posters can read), rule 11 appertains to individuals who are allowed access to Saint Mirren Park. NOT the club itself who have every right to use advertising space as they deem fit as long as it doesn't contravene any current law of the land.

Superb stuff! I can't believe that Stuart D has got five pages out of this already! jerry.gif

I just knew all of the extremists and Natsi's would be all over this like Alsatian's on heat! I'm loving people's arguments about his original post - abuse such as "shut it fasto" and "wgaf Stu"? jerry.gif

Six pages now! laugh.pngjerry.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe this thread is still going.

I have, up until now, kept out of the nonsense spouted by the OP, (especially as I have him on ignore!lol.gif ), but, for those whose intellect is around the same level as the OP, (though I'd imagine this is a very small minority given the posters can read), rule 11 appertains to individuals who are allowed access to Saint Mirren Park. NOT the club itself who have every right to use advertising space as they deem fit as long as it doesn't contravene any current law of the land.

So hypocrisy then? Just as I claimed. A classic case of "Do as we say but not as we do".

We've seen the effect the promotion of political organizations with in a football stadium can have this week. We've also seen FIFA re-affirm their attitude to politics in football. I do hope St Mirren have removed the offending adverts for today's match. If not there may be repercussions