St Johnstone V St Mirren Spfl Premiership 4Th October 2014

shull

I had hoped for a draw last night in Aberdeen - although predicted a defeat - so, glad it transpired albeit undeservedly.

Our hisorical record against the Perth Saints is very bad and normally I`d expect a defeat up there but due to our perilous position of 4 pts from 27, I would imagine only a win should be enough to keep the manager in a job, so fingers crossed.

A wee win on Sat will kick start our

Has everyone forgotten that we've a thrashing at Pittodrie to get out of the way first?sad.png

A wee win on Sat will kick start our season.......despite the "thrashing" we took last night.

I had hoped for a draw last night in Aberdeen - although predicted a defeat - so, glad it transpired albeit undeservedly.

Our hisorical record against the Perth Saints is very bad and normally I`d expect a defeat up there but due to our perilous position of 4 pts from 27, I would imagine only a win should be enough to keep the manager in a job, so fingers crossed.

4 points from 27 aye? What's 8 times 3?

Amazingly, that wasn't even the worse part of your post.

4 points out of 24 really is diabolical though.

It's even worse than this stage last season (which also was dreadful with 5 points out of 24).

Let's hope we can go on the same run as we did at this stage last season though (win 3 out of the next 4 games). Seems unlikely IMO, but we are at least scoring now.

4 points out of 24 really is diabolical though.

It's even worse than this stage last season (which also was dreadful with 5 points out of 24).

Let's hope we can go on the same run as we did at this stage last season though (win 3 out of the next 4 games). Seems unlikely IMO, but we are at least scoring now.

Caveat when compared to this time last season is that we have had a harder fixture list this time around. We've already played Celtic, and have had away games against 2nd and 3rd from last season. After 8 games last season we hadn't played Celtic and had home games against teams who would finish 2nd and 3rd.

Not to mention the fact that we have won a cup game this season, when we hadn't this time last year.

It's not been a good start, by any measure really. But I have a lot more hope than I did this time a year ago.

Thank you Sir Isaac Newton for pointing out my mistakes. Please further inform me of the even worse part of my post.

You do realise this forum is for opinions , I take it ?

Well saying we had 4 points from 27 wasn't an opinion wasn't it?

The worst part of your post was that you 'imagine' if we don't win away from home at an established top 6 side on Saturday then Tommy will get sacked. Therefore if we go up there and get a credible draw say, Tommy will be sacked. Sack a manager for delivering 5 points from 3 tough away games aye?

Complete and utter misinformed rubbish. You're either on the wind up or you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Infact cancel the either, I suspect it's both.

As much as I am not a fan of Willie Miller he was pointing out our defence deficiencies in some detail the other night with Tommy Wright sitting next to him basically telling Tommy how to beat us (not that Tommy probably needed help and of course the Dons didn't but should have).

In general summary our back line plays too high up the pitch and cannot keep a line allowing attackers to remain onside. Anyone playing off the shoulder has a clear run with a wee dink into the space behind. Our full backs get too high and no-one covers when they are out of position and they do not recover fast enough. Our midfield can be very slow (or don't) pick up opposition support players rushing forward on breakaways.

If opposition managers and officials can see the glaring problems surely we should also? And do something about it?

Anyway, here's hoping Tommy Wright is too confident and we surprise them and do something different like defend better :)