St Johnstone V St Mirren Spfl Premiership 4Th October 2014

shull

• St Mirren manager Tommy Craig:

Posted at

17:20

"Today I thought we performed very well in the first half. I thought St Johnstone came into it in the second half. They were in control when we broke away and scored. When I look at what we need at back, middle and front I look at what we've got inside the club, the youth team. We've played a lot better and lost this season. That's seven very valuable points away from home."

15 of our 18 were under 22. Really puts a shine on it.

We are developing players, and we are getting results too.

Look out for our two goals on the highlights for those that missed the game.

Naismith is a league goal of the season contender. Touch and half volley from 20 yards after an overhit Kelly cross.

Drury is also a great strike. A great forward run by Caldwell (who should be starting IMO) then look at the first touch from Drury. Took it superbly then finished with aplomb.

Two great goals.

That's us on the move. We've had a poor start I agree, yet we're not in the bottom 2. I'm looking upwards, not over our shoulder.

Brilliant result! Brings us right into the mix. All of a sudden a few more clubs are within touching distance. The confidence within the dressing room must be pretty high. We have some really good players in that dressing room who can perform better than they have done so far this season. I love watching the likes of last year's star performers Mclean, Mcginn, Kelly and Naismith strut their stuff in a buds top. Plenty to be positive about.

The new lads have only been at the club a couple of months so let's stick together and back them at our next game.

Delighted for everyone connected with our wonderful club.

15 of our 18 were under 22. Really puts a shine on it.

We are developing players, and we are getting results too.

Look out for our two goals on the highlights for those that missed the game.

Naismith is a league goal of the season contender. Touch and half volley from 20 yards after an overhit Kelly cross.

Drury is also a great strike. A great forward run by Caldwell (who should be starting IMO) then look at the first touch from Drury. Took it superbly then finished with aplomb.

Two great goals.

That's us on the move. We've had a poor start I agree, yet we're not in the bottom 2. I'm looking upwards, not over our shoulder.

Good stuff Arthur Montford. :)

Brilliant result! Brings us right into the mix. All of a sudden a few more clubs are within touching distance. The confidence within the dressing room must be pretty high. We have some really good players in that dressing room who can perform better than they have done so far this season. I love watching the likes of last year's star performers Mclean, Mcginn, Kelly and Naismith strut their stuff in a buds top. Plenty to be positive about.

The new lads have only been at the club a couple of months so let's stick together and back them at our next game.

Delighted for everyone connected with our wonderful club.

Aye just 3 points behind Dundee and Partick now. Edited by nedflanders123

Well deserved win today and what a strike from Naismith, he'll do well to score

a better goal than that in his career, also some great play from Caldwell in the

lead up for Drury's goal,

Thought we were by far the better team up until the saintees scored, and we got

our winner against the run of play, but over the piece we fully deserved the win.

Goody was MOTM by a mile, superb peformance...

Guest TPAFKATS

we rarely get a result prior to international break.

Mibees it's just my perception - I recall a good result prior to most breaks which is frustrating as we can't build on it and, again mibees just my perception, we return with a poor result.

Great day out and result. Only bad thing was the complete w@@k at the back of the stand that wouldn't sit down to let a young lad behind him see the game. By all means try and create some noise and get behind the team but don't drive young fans away from attending games. Absolute cretin!

Great day out and result. Only bad thing was the complete w@@k at the back of the stand that wouldn't sit down to let a young lad behind him see the game. By all means try and create some noise and get behind the team but don't drive young fans away from attending games. Absolute cretin!

Was up there and to be fair situation was dealt with all wrong, no point in St Mirren fans arguing all that had to be done was swap seats so they are at the back, simple solution and thankfully it happened!

Also put the good atmosphere down to the fact St Johnstone sell Irn-Bru holiday.gif lots of hyper buddies clap.gif