St Johnstone V St Mirren Spfl Premiership 4Th October 2014

shull

great result MON THE MIRREN top 6 here we comepunk.gifclap.gifcloud9.gif

Top 6 would be nice, but to be honest I would just love to finish above Motherwell, mate of mine over here in Jersey is a Well fan and he constatntly reminds me it has now been 24 years since we finished above them.

That really is a shocking stat, as a wee nipper I always thought of us as a bigger club than them

Edited by Jimmy H

Great result yesterday and brilliant day out in Perth and Aberdeen. We hung on a bit in the second half and to be honest I was hoping for the final whistle just before we scored the winner. The drummer was a prick though you'd think one of his mates would give him a boot in the baws for constantly battering that f**king thing.

f**king miles offside theres a screen shot on p/b before the ball is crossed hes in front of all the Saint mirren players and ive allways thought if your in front of defence before ball is passed you are off side .

Not surprised that you don't know the rules.

He is infront of the Saints players, but he is behind the ball, ergo he's onside.

f**king miles offside theres a screen shot on p/b before the ball is crossed hes in front of all the Saint mirren players and ive allways thought if your in front of defence before ball is passed you are off side .

Unless you're behind the ball

To me Graham was always ahead of Lappin ever since the ball entered the half and was always active

Not surprised that you don't know the rules.

He is infront of the Saints players, but he is behind the ball, ergo he's onside.

Ive looked at that screen shot on p/b and hes in line with the ball and even if hes not 9 times out of ten he would be ruled offside so f**kem.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1412504981.536932.jpg

The ball is in the dark green cut of grass, Graham is in the light green cut of grass. He's almost a yard onside.

We were due a break!

There's a bawhair in it, anyway we're due a break after that shambles of a goal up at tannadice last season,,

ETA. Pretty sure it was Graham that scored that goal as well,

Edited by scrappy coco

Wylde's corner lol.gif

I'm delighted that made the highlights, I was pissing myself laughing at the time. Probably the worst corner I've ever seen, certainly live anyway.

We really are getting the breaks lately and not before time. At the time I thought Graham's goal was offside as he was beyond the defender, but didn't consider that he could have been behind Lappin when the ball was played. I think a draw would have been more than fair, but this team just seems to have found a drive and determination to go for the win. It's slightly reminiscent of the 99/00 season where a draw just wasn't enough, and I really admire that in what is still a very young and inexperienced side.

I go to every game and can never be accused of being a gloryhunter, but going to the games at the beginning of the season was a chore. Only recently have I started to look forward going on a Saturday and there was a real togetherness in the support yesterday. Loving that winning feeling this morning I must say.

Question: is that the first time Lappin has come up against us since leaving or did he play against us for Motherwell? There didn't seem to be any acknowledgement between him and the fans, positive or otherwise.

Great result yesterday, Naismith scored a screamer and his auld man had a tenner on him at 12/1 for the first goal, There goal should never been given clearly a foul on Kello, When Drury and Brown came o I feared for us cos they were firing high balls in from all over the place, But the two youngsters done well, Drury took his goal superbly, Good three points, Need some home points now,

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1412504981.536932.jpg

The ball is in the dark green cut of grass, Graham is in the light green cut of grass. He's almost a yard onside.

We were due a break!

His back foot is certainly onside, but you can't be so sure about the rest of him. The rule applies to any part of the body with which you can legitimately score. At best, he's level.