James Marwood

obviously not where tommy is playing him ,he looks very ordinary ,just like most of tommys signings

What does everyone make of Marzy? Given he was banging them in last season, albeit at a lower level, you would have thought he would have at least got off the mark by now.

Where is his best position?

That's a bit harsh. I watched Marwood once last season, playing for Gateshead against Hereford. I don't remember him. For me, thats enough to say he can't step up. No harm to the guy, but he's not good enough for us.

I think he'll come good. The more the team improves and confidence builds then so will he hopefully.

I was quite impressed with him against Morton in pre-season but, again, that was against poorer opposition. He hasn't really shown up in the league games I've seen, could have forgotten he was playing against Celtic. I think he may have ability but lacks the confidence to demand the ball at the moment and that's the only way for a player like him to influence the game. I have to agree that I'd like to see Caldwell start ahead of him on Saturday, but I do think if we can get him off the bench and running at players with fresh legs, he could still have something to offer us.

Hasn't done anything at all in any game.

Time to ride the pine me thinks, use his pace from the bench and start Caldwell on Saturday.

I can't see why Caldwell isn't getting a couple more starts, TBH. (Or at least more game time.)

He looked to have a decent touch in pre-season. I'd have him wide right in a front three, but playing narrower and offering more support to Ball.

I think he looks like he has absolutly zero confidence. Not helped by his, and the teams dreadful start to season.

Not giving up on him just yet. With Ball now off and running goals wise and looking better all round, hopefully Marwood can chip in with some assists and goals, for anyone playing as advanced as him i would expect him to get 5-8 goals a season and a fair few assists, especially with guys like Ball and Thompson up front.

That said, the similarities to Kean and Guy are definetly there.

Thought he was ok against 'Well when he played wide right in a 4-3-3 and cut in quite a lot. However we haven't played that formation since and he looks pretty lost in most games from that opening game. Regardless of team formation he should still be able to demonstrate some qualities which he hasn't done too much of so far. Early days but he will have to up his game substantially if he wants to keep his place when everyone is fit.

Maybe it's just his confidence, but I think he's been pretty poor and needs a wee stint on the bench. He seems quick but tends to fall over the ball and his control is awful. He was a bit better against Celtic playing wide but didn't seem to get involved in much of the play.

He has the potential to be best person in the team to deliver crosses from dead balls around the box. Anything thst he has hit has gone into a dangerous aeea. Also cant see why he isnt taking the corners as Mcginn and Mclean havent done much in that dept. Hopefully a goal will boost his confidence and he can kick on.