So Farewell Then Renfrew Ferry

HSS

I used to work in Yoker so used this on a daily basis, whilst waiting for it you would sometimes see the shite boat sailing past.

The shite boat was the MV Garroch Head which used to sail daily out to the clyde and dump govans shite,

there used to be parties of coffin dodgers who would travel on this as a wee day out.

Does this ship still do this?

I used to work in Yoker so used this on a daily basis, whilst waiting for it you would sometimes see the shite boat sailing past.

The shite boat was the MV Garroch Head which used to sail daily out to the clyde and dump govans shite,

there used to be parties of coffin dodgers who would travel on this as a wee day out.

Is Govan's shite not still at I-brokes?

Along with the SS Dalmarnock...

No.Stopped sailing years ago.Shit is now made into pellets for fuel or spread on fields much to the annoyance of residents in Erskine of late.

Hmm... The traffic is bad enough at Dumbarton Rd, Braehead and Renfrew Cross.

I think the location is flawed. maybe further upriver, straight into Braehead perhaps?

Doing this wouldn't make any difference to one of the places you mention, Vambo....

:)

Renfrew Cross traffic is a good shout, though. Maybe a "left turn only" at King's Inch Road (if it crossed where the ferry is) would solve that?

Doing this wouldn't make any difference to one of the places you mention, Vambo....

smile.png

Renfrew Cross traffic is a good shout, though. Maybe a "left turn only" at King's Inch Road (if it crossed where the ferry is) would solve that?

There is a Renfrew Northern Relief Road proposed from Kings Inch Road through to the A8 the other side of the swing bridge. I suspect you couldn't build 1 without the other.

There is a Renfrew Northern Relief Road proposed from Kings Inch Road through to the A8 the other side of the swing bridge. I suspect you couldn't build 1 without the other.

Hmmm... that would need another Bridge over the Cart then?

I suspect the Renfrew Golf Club and/or The Normandy Hotel would not be too happy either?

There endeth my 17 quid hire from Crookston to Clydebank.

Suppose I could keep the new crossing a secret.

Look on the bright side Shull... you'll be deid by the time the bridge is built

I suspect the Renfrew Golf Club and/or The Normandy Hotel would not be too happy either?

Look on the bright side Shull... you'll be deid by the time the bridge is built

Aye, your first for a haunting.

Lol

I suspect the Renfrew Golf Club and/or The Normandy Hotel would not be too happy

There was a plan for this road a while back, Vambo, from the Normandy (iirc) to Meadowside Road avoiding the Golf Course and using the swing bridge for access, so no new bridge over the Cart. I'd guess that the proposed crossing would tie into this on Ferry Road at the junction with Meadowside/King's Inch.

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...
Looks like the Knights of St. Columba social club is also getting an upgrade?
Or more likely riverside flats
That was my first thought, too (well either the Knights or the Ferry Inn) but it turns out it's a wee bit further downriver than that. There's a good wee video in this article that gives a good overview

http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/article/9261/International-interest-to-build-first-opening-bridge-over-the-River-Clyde

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...