Our Home Crowd - Asset Or Liability?

I remember the abuse Paul Chalmers used to get, never understood why.

i guess fans take to some players and not others,

Especially when he was our top goalscorer at the time and use to burst a gut as well

It was deffo worse in days gone by

Good players in Stark,McDougall,Beckett,Brian Hamilton and David Winnie got abuse beggars belief

Especially when he was our top goalscorer at the time and use to burst a gut as well

It was deffo worse in days gone by

Good players in Stark,McDougall,Beckett,Brian Hamilton and David Winnie got abuse beggars belief

I was agreeing with you until I read the words "Brian Hamilton".

Anyways, whit aboot the referendum? It's no been mentioned on the site for a while.

I remember the abuse Paul Chalmers used to get,

This is the very player to whom I was referring when I stated this:-

How many fans do you know would chant at their own centre forward to fúck off on account of missing a couple of chances despite it being against top quality players?

Why don't we play all our home games behind closed then we might finally get that elusive top 6 spot? It's so glaringly obvious I am surprised no one has suggested this before.

On a serious note I just wish that sometimes St Mirren fans would enter St Mirren Park with only positive thoughts and relay that to the team. Back every saints player with positive shouts and encouragement for 90 mins and stick with them when they need us most instead of waiting for that first bad pass, mistake allowing them to vent their spleen. Too many people seem to enter the stadium with all the baggage in their life saddled around their neck and vent their spleen at any St Mirren player within earshot.

This will all change when the club is sold of course.