Singing Section W5 (Confirmed) + Update

So wait, people should move from THEIR seats because a few of you want to stand for the full 90 minutes?

I thought this was meant to be the singing section. The fact that there was next to no signing (cos we were shite, if that's your only hinderance, well you're never going to sing, are you?) and a lot of standing on Saturday....we may have the true intentions of this group after only one match.

What are you on about? I wasn't even there on Saturday, but I'm fully behind creating a bit of atmosphere.

It's not a group, just a new way to get behind the team. Which lets face it, is needed. Our ground is like a morgue.

Thanks, all I needed to hear from the legal man....

But it doesn't address the issue at St Mirren park that became evident on Saturday. I'm waiting on a phone call from the club which should be coming today.

As I said - I'm not in the slightest bit against a singing section - on the contrary, anything that helps to build an atmosphere and get behind the team is brilliant! It just has to be planned better, and it's worrying that the club couldn't get the basic elements right such as not restricting the view of people who have a set seat for the season. It's not fair on those who aren't mobile enough to either stand or have to move seats constantly.

On a lighter note, my 11 year old nephew said to me during the second half, "The singing sections no doing much singing". To which I replied "they need inspiration from on the park" and then Collum makes a contentious decision followed by a chorus of Willie Collum, your a Wa@#er from the choir.

Aforementioned Nephew then says " So they got their inspiration then"...Had to chuckle, match day highlight sadly..

Even the inverness fans joined in that chant which summed up Collums performance.

I thought it worked reasonably well, if there had been anything to cheer on the park it could have got the rest of the stadium going. It was a really spectacularly bad performance though, quite depressing to watch to be honest and that would get any set of supporters down!

Hopefully it can be continued. I think those that need to stay seated all game can move over to the Main Stand.

Singing section update:

• We have been given another trial run for the Ross County game! This is possibly our biggest game of the season so we need to make sure we make a lot of noise and maintain it!
  • 265 members on our Facebook group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/748036301936484)
  • 289 followers on Twitter (https://twitter.com/StMirrenActive)
  • Regarding views being blocked for season ticker holders. This was cause of people venturing too far to the right (around 4 seats) this was also a problem for us as we wanted to try stay in a block to try make a better atmosphere! The club are going to tape a row down the seats to make sure no one stands past that line!

Would like to thank everyone for the positive comments etc and if you have any ideas on how we can improve please post them below.

So wait, people should move from THEIR seats because a few of you want to stand for the full 90 minutes?

I thought this was meant to be the singing section. The fact that there was next to no signing (cos we were shite, if that's your only hinderance, well you're never going to sing, are you?) and a lot of standing on Saturday....we may have the true intentions of this group after only one match.

Yeah, the excuse to stand section does appear more the true intent and appropriate name. I was in W2 and couldn't hear a thing from the singing section...but then, Stafford and the W1 nutter were exceptionally noisy.

It might helped if we had something to sing about!

I thought you were going to create an atmosphere, not feed off of the fantastic entertainment on show. At most away games it's fast versions of classics, fighting with those who are slagging players, abusing stewards and songs about the guy coming back from the shop. At home games you now have a section, are evidently allowed to stand for 90 minutes and just need to justify that. We'll never have anything like the noise big clubs have, Dortmund at Man City for example, and the stand is too small to create a wall of noise. A lot of us are just so apathetic after the years in the lower leagues and watching football under Gus, but there's always a good atmosphere at bigger games or if the team shows some fight. As said though, use the section and keep the drum away.

Don't see what the big issue is with using a drum? Any Section/Singing Group/Ultra group etc that are successful use a drum in all respect it's a must now a days!

Holmsdale Fanatics - Crystal Palace
Well Bois - Motherwell

617 Squadron - Lincoln

Red Faction - Middlesbrough

Too just name a few all us a drum and successfully get there section/stadium rocking!

If theres such a big issue with a drum then there must be a big issue with people singing? No one has backed up the argument about saying no to drums?

you want atmosphere but you don't want drums? logic?

Thought spells throughout the first half the section sounded good but during the second half it just wasn't there! In my opinion a basic drum beat would be brilliant as it would carry the songs on for longer if you get me! But on the whole well done to all involved it was a brilliant effort and i hope to see the section next week!

if someone starts banging a drum in the west bank - then i will hand back my season ticket

Palace a small BPL club that was classed as a championship club by ex manager Tony Pulis stayed up in the BPL last season when they where a sure bet of going down stayed up surely by the backing of there home support! Motherwell best of the rest for 2 seasons before this season only team that really challenged celtic during the season backed by there home support!

I thought it worked reasonably well, if there had been anything to cheer on the park it could have got the rest of the stadium going. It was a really spectacularly bad performance though, quite depressing to watch to be honest and that would get any set of supporters down!

Hopefully it can be continued. I think those that need to stay seated all game can move over to the Main Stand.

i think those who want to stand should go behind the goals in one section from halfway up to top and that should be at one of the side,then nobodys view would be blocked

If i can remember correctly i think the club have banned motherwell from bring their drum. Remember seeing motherwell fans moaning over on P&B

true, i think there would be no drum allowed,thankfully,motherwell were rightly banned from bringing in their drum last season,can't just allow drums for home support

Don't see what the big issue is with using a drum? Any Section/Singing Group/Ultra group etc that are successful use a drum in all respect it's a must now a days!

Holmsdale Fanatics - Crystal Palace

Well Bois - Motherwell

617 Squadron - Lincoln

Red Faction - Middlesbrough

Too just name a few all us a drum and successfully get there section/stadium rocking!

If theres such a big issue with a drum then there must be a big issue with people singing? No one has backed up the argument about saying no to drums?

you want atmosphere but you don't want drums? logic?

That drum at Firhill the last time we were their was terrible , no timing , just painful. .

true, i think there would be no drum allowed,thankfully,motherwell were rightly banned from bringing in their drum last season,can't just allow drums for home support

I remember Dumbarton brought a drum to a cup game at Love Street and Phil said " A big welcome to the Dumbarton fans " , he then waved and said "I hope your drum breaks " which got a big cheer from the North Bank faithful. .

Palace a small BPL club that was classed as a championship club by ex manager Tony Pulis stayed up in the BPL last season when they where a sure bet of going down stayed up surely by the backing of there home support! Motherwell best of the rest for 2 seasons before this season only team that really challenged celtic during the season backed by there home support!

So if we get a drum we will be challenging celtic......can u tell me where Hamiltons drum is then....or are they using a silent drum......worst atmosphere in spl is hamilton mmmm last time i looked they were TOP sorry had to shout over the bloody drum