Singing Section W5 (Confirmed) + Update

So tell me why we need a drum....what will that do .... why not bring a guitar ..... i will turn it around why dont we get thommo to come over with his and add to it. Shame REA has left his drumming was very good l have heard him a couple of times... keep this up we will have a band......by the end of the season

So tell me why we need a drum....what will that do .... why not bring a guitar ..... i will turn it around why dont we get thommo to come over with his and add to it. Shame REA has left his drumming was very good l have heard him a couple of times... keep this up we will have a band......by the end of the season

Great Idea ! thumbup2.gif

Why not? Gets the section bouncing, Makes songs last longer rather than dying out after 30 seconds, opens the way for more songs/ chants!

You could try:

"Ohhhhhhhh wheeeeen the Saaaaaints goooo maaarching in, oh when the Saints go maaaarching in, I wanna beeeee in that nuuuuuuumber..."

As opposed to:

"Ohwhenthesaintsgomarchunginohwhenthesaintsgomarchingiwannabeinthatnumber..."

Don't see what the big issue is with using a drum? Any Section/Singing Group/Ultra group etc that are successful use a drum in all respect it's a must now a days!

Holmsdale Fanatics - Crystal Palace

Well Bois - Motherwell

617 Squadron - Lincoln

Red Faction - Middlesbrough

Too just name a few all us a drum and successfully get there section/stadium rocking!

If theres such a big issue with a drum then there must be a big issue with people singing? No one has backed up the argument about saying no to drums?

you want atmosphere but you don't want drums? logic?

When was the last time Fir Park 'rocked' ? The place is a morgue. Drum or no drum, the motherwell ultras are tragic wee boys that add nothing.

The panda club got the singing going ,but had to give up as the fat controller played his music,then the singing section tried to start before the game,but again the fat controller played his music.

You have no chance of getting an atmosphere going until we have this music stopped at least 10 mins before the start of the game , but no one will tell this guy to shut up.

The panda club got the singing going ,but had to give up as the fat controller played his music,then the singing section tried to start before the game,but again the fat controller played his music.

You have no chance of getting an atmosphere going until we have this music stopped at least 10 mins before the start of the game , but no one will tell this guy to shut up.

Do we get money for playing the music? It's a tough one, I can't recall music being played that great day at Falkirk. Then again, the music is usually less obvious at most away games. Is ours louder, do the acoustics of our stands make it appear so? I do know that at one point I could hear the away fans, but not our own, singing away. A wee bit like years back at Love Street when even just 30 or so Stranraer fans singing behind the goals sounded impressive.

Do we get money for playing the music? It's a tough one, I can't recall music being played that great day at Falkirk. Then again, the music is usually less obvious at most away games. Is ours louder, do the acoustics of our stands make it appear so? I do know that at one point I could hear the away fans, but not our own, singing away. A wee bit like years back at Love Street when even just 30 or so Stranraer fans singing behind the goals sounded impressive.

Are you implying that Stranraer , have a bigger travelling support than the Cunty. .

Music was played that day in Falkirk, and it was very loud, I reckon to drown out our singing and get us to stop, it didn't work and we sang through it and the rest is history!