Singing Section W5 (Confirmed) + Update

The atmosphere in St Mirren park is rotten. The singing section was a simple idea to introduce something new. Fair enough, it hasn't worked, but some of the comments aimed in our direction during the second half (and on the way out of the ground) were quite frankly disgusting.

"Singing section my arse" "yer nothing but a bunch of wee c*nts" to name a few of them.

Can understand people are frustrated, a few wee neds latched on, but none of us were behaving badly. There's no need for those kind of comments when people are doing their best to get behind the team!

You can't expect people to sing non stop for 90 minutes when the team is playing pish.

Thanks to St Mirren for letting us try.

that's fair enuff no need for abuse towards you all but in return don't call 'the rest' shite. There will always be fans who moan, boo etc but we aren't all the same. No one expects 90min singing but your 2 week trial has just proved when the team is shite singing is rare. Keep singing when ye feel like wherever ye are! Noo I'm away to pub to sing :-) SMTID etc

The atmosphere in St Mirren park is rotten. The singing section was a simple idea to introduce something new. Fair enough, it hasn't worked, but some of the comments aimed in our direction during the second half (and on the way out of the ground) were quite frankly disgusting.

"Singing section my arse" "yer nothing but a bunch of wee c*nts" to name a few of them.

Can understand people are frustrated, a few wee neds latched on, but none of us were behaving badly. There's no need for those kind of comments when people are doing their best to get behind the team!

You can't expect people to sing non stop for 90 minutes when the team is playing pish.

Thanks to St Mirren for letting us try.

Should keep going

Disappointing that any young fan who goes to our games gets called a cnut by our own fans

This i'm better fan than you does ma moobs in

Don't let the b*stards grind you's down

OK , i have a plan. Everyone knows our away support is always more vocal & generally more supportive.

Why dont we record them next week at Tannadice, & let Phil play the tape at next home game.

In the extremely likely event that we produce yet another uninspiring performance,the youngsters can then simply lipsync their way through 90 minutes ! boldblue.gifboldred.gifbounce.gif

What did the red tape do strangle you.....what effect has a bit of plastic...... if you say that u need to be standing when you were singing as it is better for the atmosphetre, why dont you sit down when u are not singing

I prefer standing at games. Nobody told us to sit down so there was no reason to do so.

The segregation tape created a divide between the singing section and the rest of the support. It was only a few seats but it definitely created an "us and them" situation.

All for atmosphere at games but I think the singing section is over. Don't want to end up with a celtic style green brigade situation. What we need is to get together as one and get behind the team. The last thing we want is a needless divide.

Edit to say: that's just my personal opinion. If other people want to continue the singing section then fair play.

Edited by Doakes

I've already said St Mirren Active should be in the Family Stand directly behind The Panda Club.

The sweary songs would have to cease though.

In the !970's the St Mirren Choir in the North Bank was big yins at the back and wee yins like me doon the front.

Swearing was shocking then.

I've already said St Mirren Active should be in the Family Stand directly behind The Panda Club.

The sweary songs would have to cease though.

In the !970's the St Mirren Choir in the North Bank was big yins at the back and wee yins like me doon the front.

Swearing was shocking then.

Swearing is still shocking, now.

St Mirren Active? Sma?

Like the powdered baby milk?

First game of the season for me yesterday and I have to say the atmosphere created by the singing section was so impressive. The stadium was absolutely rocking for the entire 90 minutes...

The rendition of "Tommy, Tommy, get to f**k" was most inspiring!!

That was a bunch of guys to our right in fairness...

It's a shame that our wee stadium doesn't lend itself to atmosphere. I remember walking down LS on the way to games and you couldn't wait to get in because you could already hear the singing going on inside. I was in W1 yesterday and never heard a thing ,apart from a few around me singing a muted "Oh when the Saints" after the 2nd equaliser!