The Ice Hockey Thread

shull

Went to my first Clan match on Saturday against Dundee and really enjoyed it. Makes you think there is so much more football can do to bring in the crowd. Why pay £20 to watch Saints draw 1-1 will livingstone in cold windy feegie and pay a fortune for a pie and a bovril when you can go the hockey for £15 have a few beers in a good atmosphere and watch an exciting game and a team who are actually pretty good!

Thought the raffle thing they do was a great idea, people buy a puck for £1 and throw it onto the ice between periods.. person who gets it closest to the middle wins half the money raised from raffle tickets.

Can't say I'd be missing saints games to go to the hockey but I'll definitely be back.

ETA - No fights tho! What's all that about! thumbdown.gif Jessies.

Edited by irvine_buddie

Went to my first Clan match on Saturday against Dundee and really enjoyed it. Makes you think there is so much more football can do to bring in the crowd. Why pay £20 to watch Saints draw 1-1 will livingstone in cold windy feegie and pay a fortune for a pie and a bovril when you can go the hockey for £15 have a few beers in a good atmosphere and watch an exciting game and a team who are actually pretty good!

Thought the raffle thing they do was a great idea, people buy a puck for £1 and throw it onto the ice between periods.. person who gets it closest to the middle wins half the money raised from raffle tickets.

Can't say I'd be missing saints games to go to the hockey but I'll definitely be back.

Been to a few now with the wee yin and we both thoroughly enjoy the Matches and the great atmosphere. ( family friendly )

Got tickets for Saturday's game v Edinburgh Capitals.

Can't wait.

I remember going to a few pirates games at the lagoon and the price of drink was comparable with pub prices at the time.

What's the price per pint at braehead?

Oh and I was 2-0 up in my ice hockey career. ohmy.png

I'm 1-0 thumbup2.gif . Can't remember exactly but think a pint was about £3.50-£4 so only a bit dearer than pub prices.

• 2 weeks later...